Dear college kids with no working experience, let me shatter your dreams:

Dear college kids with no working experience, let me shatter your dreams:

After you graduate, you will never write original CODE yourself. You will be forced to use code-generation-tools like SpringBoot, where you write annotation/gradle/yml-configurations and a framework written by somebody else will generate the actual code for you. The only knowledge your bosses want from you is the one of the domain and how to use stackoverflow.

If you think going into Machine Learning and Big Data will save you, wrong: even then you will at most need to tweak some TensorFlow variables.

If you ever do something differently (even for the sake of understanding how something works), be prepared to be charged with "reinventing the wheel".

I deeply regret choosing this profession and I advise you to reconsider your career choices

Attached: 1d087bb4-geekandpoke.png (650x350, 85K)

t. Rajeesh that wipes his ass with his hand after shitting in the road

t. Thinkpad enthusiast with faggot stickers on it who thinks he will get any better job because he browses an elite hacker image board

DESIGNATED

>tfw brainlet

sounds good to me

WAIT HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW

Attached: JPEG_20180429_034849.jpg (1499x1163, 472K)

Employers are screaming for employees who can actually write code.

If you can write code half decently you will easily find a job to write code, where you learn a lot and quickly become a top programmer.

Problem is most "computer science" graduates are absolute shit.
I'm estimating less than 30% are even remotely employable.

Then in what field can I find a challenging job?

Frontend with Typescript/Angular is the hardest it gets in WebDevelopment, as the microserviced backends are all managed by SpringBoot.

With webdev, my only choice would be to go to a startup, where they use Node.JS, but they would pay me like shit. Same with Game Development.

tell me something about networking and administration pls
What is need to know?

There is always shitloads to do.
No framework magically fixes all the requirements, in fact many only make things harder as you have to work around what the framework tries to be.

Best money is in Freelance.
70 euro's per hour is a good starting amount for a JavaScript developer.

Consider working independently if you hate using helpful tools designed to make your job easier.
Beyond that though, you still need to write plenty of original code (read: All the domain classes) when you do a new project.

What's wrong with Spring Boot? It's a great little framework and let's me write my APIs extremely quickly.

>>Frontend with Typescript/Angular is the hardest it gets in WebDevelopment,
>Angular
Senpai everyone is on React now. Interesting things happening with React + GraphQL now.

joke's on you
i am a hacker

Angular 6 just released. Now they just need to fix that internationalization package and make Angular Elements (for exporting Angular modules as WebComponents) official in Angular 7 and then the framework is unstoppable. Not hating on React or Vue though, both are great as well.

Why should I give a fuck as long as I get paid?

Work with someone other than a shitty shopping website. Theres loads of difficult front end things to work on.

lol you sound like a looser

>you will get fmoney for not coding
I don't see anything wrong with that.

>thinks he will get any better job because he browses an elite hacker image board
Do you actually think this thought crosses anyone's mind here? What's it like having the wagecuck mentality this deeply ingrained in your psyche?

>implying I'm studying to become a "code" monkey

@Annotations
@PastTense
@CurrentTense
@FutureTense\
@Qualifer("Are")
@Mistake
String statement;

learn another programming language (e.g., Go) and discover a new world

I just like C++, Java, and creating databases. Can't I just write code for money? Why is it so hard?
I want to die

Where do you go find the employers who are screaming?

wew

I confirm that pretty much everything OP says is true. I WISH I got to write code at work but basically it's all just recipes, configuration files, build files and glue scripts. Then if your company falls for open office good luck focusing at all. DevOps is also shit meme, enjoy being on call and doing 2am deployments.

WISH I could just sit in a corporate basement all dah and write C/Python/Rust/go/brain fuck anything!

Thanks for the brainlet post OP. I'm 2 years out in undergrad and write (for better or worse) write new code in C everyday. Just work at a small company where you will start development immediately

Am I banned? Test.

Cannot make any thread. Always says File Upload Failed

What do you consider actual code? Like, what level of complexity?

My first job as a C# programmer straight out if uni
>introductory meetings to get me up to gear with shit
>starts talking about PID controllers
>"I had a course in that and lead/lag controllers, so I know the basics"
>"ok, then we can skip this, basics is enough"
>starts going through how light can be manipulated
>"kinda like audio?"
>"sort of"
>go through some shit that's different
>"have you worked with spectrum analyzers user"
>"no, mainly just oscilloscopes, but we used signal analyzers in a microprocessor course"
>goes though basic shit about optical spectrum analyzers and source/measure units
>mfw my first job while being software is closely related to hardware
Computer engineering is great guise.

Attached: tegaki.png (400x400, 4K)

>I confirm that pretty much everything OP says is true. I WISH I got to write code at work but basically it's all just recipes, configuration files, build files and glue scripts. Then if your company falls for open office good luck focusing at all. DevOps is also shit meme, enjoy being on call and doing 2am deployment
i wrote a wrapper to tap into ansible via python. fuck yaml so hard. fuck config bullshit that deals with the ENV.

We use libraries for stuff but I mean ultimately solving a unique task means we're implementing unique code. Not everyone works for the same shitty place.

idc what anyone else here says

i just got a job as a software engineer at a very prestigious company

how do i avoid impostor syndrome? I feel it already

I write GIS software for a living, because I got my undergrad in CS and a masters in Geology/GIS.
Go to college for CS and something else and then you can actually get to do interesting stuff.

>starts talking about PID controllers
>"I had a course in that and lead/lag controllers, so I know the basics"
t. Pajeet that just changes gains manually until he likes the results

kek sysadmin here, i watch anime all day for 55 a hour, best career move ever

stay mad pajeet

>how do i avoid impostor syndrome? I feel it already
i've found the only way to keep imposter syndrome from hitting hard is to continue to read books.
not only is it nice to breeze through the first four or so chapters because you already knew it but it also reinforces the basics and terminology. I always feel a bit better since I knew the beginner/intermediate bits but I also feel even better because now all that shit was reinforced.
And of course you get to learn all the fun & interesting shit in the later chapters.
I guess the key is to never stop learning?

it's not much about the X code but understanding what you write profoundly and not just copy-pasting from shit overflow

that assuming you're looking into a field that doesn't require implementations/work that has already been done in the past

don't care, i'll get $$$

How do you work as a freelancer, while pajeets are paid 1 dolar per day?

Pretty much, I know how each value impacts shit, but I can't come up with good values without trail and error.

I'm not in charge of those values anyway, he just wanted me to know that we used them for certain shit. I was hired for software shit, me having surface knowledge about hardware is just a bonus.

If you can can code gud enough, why would you work for someone else?

Like O(3)

same senpai desu

>After you graduate, you will never write original CODE yourself. You will be forced to use code-generation-tools like SpringBoot, where you write annotation/gradle/yml-configurations and a framework written by somebody else will generate the actual code for you. The only knowledge your bosses want from you is the one of the domain and how to use stackoverflow.
Well, that takes a load off my chest. I don't want to actually work.

I don't regret it because I can fuck around all day, and as long as i perform slightly better than the poo in loos around me, i get a 5/5 on my performance review and get a 10% raise annually.

Its simple. CS is the womens studies of STEM. Its a useless, self-aggrandizing profession that has nothing to do with any other field in its "college" (usually is shoved into either an engineering school or the math school), delivers no notable product (its not the 60s anymore, you're not going to make a new dijkstra) other than more CS professors and drones.

I've interviewed a few hundred people. The ones who taught themselves to code, while not as great at useless code trivia (whats the exact Big-O of a durrsort) can typically solve realworld problems, while fucking cs monkeys get stuck on something as basic as a Luhn checksum calculator.

>springboot
>java
get out of pajeetland and you'll encounter fun shit again. I recommend erlang/elixir

fix pajeet poos

b-b-but thats how Prof. Sir. Rajesh Esq. PhD MD MS MBA DDS taught us how to do it

Meh react doesn't even have two way data binding. If anything vue will be taking a bigger share

how are you this smart
Man I can't do anything, it took me years to read a Qt tutorial without falling asleep.

I just got basic introduction to all of those except for audio, which I know from physics classes from earlier education combined with playing around with audio software in the "I wanna be famous artist"-phase.
University is basically a place where you get people to force you to learn stuff, maybe find something you find interesting, and make connections that may help you get a job.

I haven't even worked with Qt.

No joke though, looking on youtube for tutorials on control system topics will get you results from Rayeesh and friends almost exclusively.

I'm already writing original code a less than a year of first job.

Attached: 1523071523482.gif (500x665, 1.23M)