WinDOS 10 Lean or Cloud or S or whatever has been leaked!

WinDOS 10 Lean or Cloud or S or whatever has been leaked!

>it uses only 6.5GB
>can't download stuff from the internet
>can't change the background

srsly, why is this even a thing

Attached: lean.png (643x483, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

insidewindows.net/FilesMissingFromLean_Build17650.txt
my.mixtape.moe/pksgnr.png
my.mixtape.moe/veevej.png
thenextweb.com/google/2018/04/18/chromebook-alt-os-code-hints-ability-dual-boot-windows/
my.mixtape.moe/rguxao.PNG
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To kill ChromeOS and it's faggotry once and for all

tinyurl /ydaqznx9

here's the download link

Do you have a copy? Someone install it and see what it does.

Is Lean the version for niggers?

3rd file is the english x64 version (4.18GB)
5th file is the english 32 bit version (2.97 GB)

Micro serveres you fucking scrub, most viruses are windows based, i assume you have never had the dis pleasure of using a windows server, on IE every site is blocked until you allow it

Where can I get this lean shit or when does it come out?

>it uses only 6.5GB
>only
????

Is it for Andromeda Phone?

Surface phone??? IS IT ARM?

Yes.

>lean
>6.5GB

it's right there guys A regular windows install uses about 20GB, so it's very little. Of course if you compare it to other OSs it feels bloated anyway but whatevs

ARM, x64 and 32 bit.

Won't be out for a while, this is part of RS5 builds, and that's only officially launching late this year (september maybe).
Nowhere near as fleshed out as it should be, extremely early build tbqh

Can it Run Hyper-V without restriction?

Why would you ever need to browse a website on a production server? To be honest this is a very sensible default behaviour

"Lean".
Well does this Pajeet tier clusterfuckery still botnet?. Does it still shit on street of my PC?. Does it still POO ?.
YES
YES
YES
I'll have what Pajeet is having...

I was wondering what was the head of surface was hiding on the right in this pic
Hoping it to be better than the previous windows phone if real

Attached: DbvHhlQV0AA0CWQ.jpg (1160x1744, 507K)

They cut out a lot of H-V files. insidewindows.net/FilesMissingFromLean_Build17650.txt

Stop posting.

What is the actual purpose of it?

my guess: to be installed in the ATMs that are STILL running Windows XP

Attached: pajeet.jpg (640x660, 67K)

>actual purpose
Officially they haven't stated so, they could bring it out officially during BUILD. They've cut out a lot from it however, so people are assuming it's just for low end systems.

>ESLposting
see

So, basically, the only reason I'd want this has been gimped out of it.

Thanks, microsoft.

I concur with , this is to kill off XP Embedded, it's for PLC Hosts, POS units, ATMs, Kiosks, that kind of shit.

Could be added back later on, due to also being called a 'cloud OS' they could potentially aim for an on-demand component install situation, but yeah I wouldn't hold my breath at all for that use case.

The "Starter" edition of 10 I guess.

Gonna run it in a VM and let you know.

Attached: ok.jpg (419x293, 44K)

continuum with this would've been so cash but they killed Windows Phone for some reason even though they were working on this.

does it come with candy crush and minecraft pre-installed?

well apparently Jow Forums is acting out AGAIN so I can't upload pics, but I'm already installing it. I got the 32 bit version

not unless you bought the premium gold $99/mo subscription package

kek.gg? thanks in advance

No it isnt very little. Its just somewhat less bloated than bloatware 10

nobody's defending win10 here.

Torrent where?
Not clicking shitty download links

prolly no torrents until it's actually released.

Done. It took about 15 minutes, a bit less than a regular Windows 10 clean install. The virtual machine is using 2 cores of my core i7 3520m, and I assigned 2 out of 8GB of RAM. Drive is a plain old 7200RPM HDD.

Botnet is still around. Not a surprise.

came here to post that

-No MSPAINT
-No IE, only edge
-No snipping tool
-Edge won't let you download shit
-Uses about 800MB of RAM. Gonna try removing some RAM and see if the system adapts.

FUCKING THIS

KYS OP

>-No IE, only edge
Welp, there goes any hopes of adaptability for the office. No IE, no quickbooks.

-No REGEDIT, because that's surely something that takes lots of space.

>328 KB

Fire whoever thought this was a good move and get someone competent on board again please.

because it's not meant to be used as a desktop OS dumbass

Well I managed to boot with only 512MB of RAM. Took forever tho. Since Jow Forums is being autistic about uploading images (some IMAGEboard we got going on here guys) here's a link to a capture of it running. it will idle at 412mb but it's obviously blasting through the virtual RAM. Gonna try 1GB now, since I've seen regular 32 bit windows 10 work fine with that much.

my.mixtape.moe/pksgnr.png

>only 6.5GB
>only
kek

OwO install gentoo

my.mixtape.moe/veevej.png

yup, 1GB is the sweet spot. It will idle at 600MB and it's not abusing the HDD so no virtual RAM in use. To be honest, regular 32-bit Windows 10 will act exactly the same, so the only actual """"""""""""advantage""""""""""""" of Windows 10 Lean is the 6.5GB of drive space it needs compared to the ~20 of regular Windows.

Silly, considering you can get a 32GB SD card/USB stick for what, 10 bucks? and I'm sure you can increse the space of whatever machine Windows 10 Lean is aiming with ease.

This is me btw, testing the VM.

>-No REGEDIT
Is there a §win§\etc\ where all the config files are meant to be ?

Attached: wut.png (902x885, 57K)

If they're trying to make it as small as possible, yes those kbs count.

Why do people automatically assume this is for desktops?

Most ATMs or other embedded systems probably can't just slap on a 32GB SD card.

I wonder if Windows 10 Lean is enough to be installed on a Chromebook. I mean you figure Chromebooks can have Linux installed on them. And they use rather standard hardware if it's x86 based, so I wouldn't imagine drivers are an issue.

as long as you have at least 32 GB of storage and 1GB of RAM, you can install regular 32 bit windows 10 and it will work just fine.

Probably, you won't have to for much longer though, google is working on ALT OS thenextweb.com/google/2018/04/18/chromebook-alt-os-code-hints-ability-dual-boot-windows/

>paint, ie, snipping tool
Great, they removed the garbage. I hope it also doesn't have notepad and the media player.

Yea I bought a Toshiba CB2 with
>Celeron 3215U dual core
>4GB DDR3
>16GB m.2 SATA based SSD

It's the perfect machine battery life wise and has an absolutely amazing 1080p screen. Sucks about how limited it is software wise though.
Good shit. Good to see that Google sees the limitations of their own OS.

I agree about everything else but the snipping tool is great.

This reminds me, what was the name of that windows 10 version which was shilled here constantly? The guys who made it replaced most of it's software with open source alternatives.

Don't know why you guys are waiting for that user, all removed files are listed here Can't find notepad, but media player was def removed.

What DM is that?

ITT
Windoze kiddiez go chimp out over some shit MS has farted out onto the web

i bet he thought he was funny

it has notepad. No WMP. It still has the media apps (Groove music, Photos, etc)

free download manager classic

>lean
what do you mean you can't download stuff from the internet? is it like that other version where you're only allowed to install programs from the store? why would anyone want to use that?

microsoft is the gift that keeps on giving

Photos has been taken out. So has Groove (called zune music in system).

the version I'm running still has them, maybe they will be removed later on.

>I dont know anything but I'll hit post anyways
Brave. Courageous.

There’s no regedit because it’s the S version where even Win32 is restricted. This is for sure going on low-end shit.

ARM/x86/x64 versions definitely differ for whatever reason.

fuck off user, i'm asking a question

Be honest for once in your life.

Someone is a little buttblasted because her employer keeps releasing bullshit nobody wants.

I mean you click "download" on any site and Edge doesn't do shit. I tried virtualbox drag and drop, shared folder, guest add-ons, usb drive... nothing works. Also there is no device manager to check if the usb drive is even being recognized.

What file types have you tried?

And this is the only interaction you've had with a female in the past decade. Congrats.

exe: won't work
jar: won't work
PDF: DOES work, but there's no app to open it.

I even tried dmg for the lulz and nothing.

I renamed the pdf to exe to see what happens. That happened.

my.mixtape.moe/rguxao.PNG

Attached: a.png (1021x767, 57K)

Yup, I was right It should work fine for non-executable files. Microsoft has said that S-Mode can be disabled so perhaps it can be changed in the future.

HomePod

First thing first, holy shit are u retarded

Second thing first, it's not been leaked.
Third, heard thing called WindowsEducation it gonna be part of that jus that this is targeted at 12yr old kids and ur granny

>ONLY 6.5G
Windows man....

Yet Explorer and lots of other system exes work. I wonder how it distinguishes them. Perhaps if you named your exe like those ones, or maybe replaced one in a system location with it.

I forgot to add that windows lean gonna be windows core which on top services are stacked like pro education home. something something Linux like

why does Microsoft hate people so much? everything they do screams "let's make things as awful as possible for our userbase."

Embedded systems. Think ATMs, cash registers, thin clients etc. In all those cases the inability to download applications from the internet or change the desktop background are advantageous.

Let me guess. It still has Cortana, the Microsoft Store, and all those dogshit metro apps. I'm guessing they just cut out actually useful shit.

SJWs and leftists that dominate technology are misanthropes.

>be a weird loser that thinks there are more than two genders
>get bullied at school
>avoid people by playing computer games
>develop above average computer skills
>pursue a career in software
>achieve critical mass in the industry
>make the industry about punishing normal, well adjusted people

go back to /b arse

found the sick tranny.

"actually useful" that's subjective. Windows Loser gonna be for normies so it make sense

Their main goal is to make things easier for themselves, not for the users. This means locking shit down, doing things in retarded ways because to do them properly would require more effort than they'd care to spend, being aggressive towards making money off of users, etc.

well hello onions, wanna jerk off on my feet

> Their main goal is to make things easier for themselves, not for the users
Never worked in support I see.

it's basically windows kiosk mode and it's ideal for public computers, like those available for use at the library

bump

Would like to know as well

reactos