Tmobile and Sprint have merged, how does Jow Forums feel about this?

Tmobile and Sprint have merged, how does Jow Forums feel about this?

t-mobile.com/content/t-mobile/consumer/brand/open-letter-to-t-mobile-customers.html

allfor5g.com/

Attached: Capture.png (1246x722, 1.57M)

They haven't done anything yet. The Trump administration has to approve this merger.

Welcome to the era of lower quality services for higher prices.

>Two bottomfeeders merging

Prices go up for everyone. Brilliant

Softbank still own Sprint?

For me its meaningless. Sprint and T-mobile have terrible service were I live.

Market consolidation is almost always bad in the long run; the problems with fragmented markets are small compared to converged market problems. Distributionism is the only humane economic policy.

>prepaid isn't a thing

Attached: d2d.png (590x325, 29K)

Yes, not sure how this will work out teebh

Hahahahahaha now you guys are gonna end up like us in Canada, where we only have 3 companies and all the prices are fixed and extremely high.

>prepaid prices won’t go up

Why wouldn’t they?

See

Because unlike post-paid, prepaid companies are still popping up all over the place and the more companies fighting for your dollar, the better the competition
Or did we sleep through Econ 101?

Dumbasses on twitter blaming Trump and saying this is about Net Neutrality.

Just proves pro NN shills know nothing.

The highest quality/cheapest pre-paid are through the big 4 or a company that’s using their services.

Not really, the companies from TracFone like Straight Talk, Net 10, Simple Mobile, and the WalMart plans are just as good and cheaper than what the big 4 prepaid offer

Best I have in my area is cricket unlimited for $40 unlimited everything including 4G...nothing comes close to that in my area

Prepaid in Canada is abhorrently expensive.

>$60/mo for 150mins of local area calls and 1gb of data

TMo has good deals if you can get someone that's 55+ to open 2 lines unlimited for $60. You can also combine that with B1G1 phone deals.

Cricket caps your speeds at 8Mb/1Mb, if you have no problem with that then keep using that,
If you don't like that Straight Talk has $55/month unlimited, lower with auto-refill, and not speed caps
I don't know how you people let that happen

About 10 years ago Verizon was looking to expand into Canada, but the Big 3 (who own all the cellphone space, home phone space, home internet, home TV and all the broadcasting networks) made a big shitfit and lobbied the government to ban them because they'd take away Canadian jobs. Which makes no sense cause building their infrastructure and opening stores and call centres would bring in tons of jobs,

So the government ruled that foreign Telecoms could only come into Canada if the CDN market represented less than 1% of their business. Meanwhile Telus and Bell closed tons of Canadian call centres to open up in the Philippines and Guatemala so much for those Canadian jobs!

Can confirm. I have straight talk 45 a month 10 gigs data. Just as good as Verizon.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-18-14-05-10.png (720x1280, 389K)

America is too big
It is impossible for a small company to do 5G

Attached: size.png (492x263, 81K)

I had Verizon post paid before for $90 a month and there’s literally no difference in how quickly my browser/social media opens. I think everyone’s gotten a little spoiled...

This is a fallacy. Yall nigs dont even know what 5G is for

NN was the only way to keep the internet interesting. Because it's dead now we will have to invent a new way of communicating that isnt overly mediated by government and corporations. Another internet, or something similar.

We can't use cheap Chinese telecom equipment anymore

I think people have gotten complacent and just accepted things, I couldn't stand the prices I was paying for shitty network from Sprint so I did my research and went GSM pre-paid because more choices of phones
Post paid is only slightly different than pre-paid now, and pre-paid is allowing monthly installments for phones now too
Let those uninformed complacent sheep's continue funding the infrastructure and making prepaid plans possible because without them God knows what we'd have

They just wanted to control everything, and look what happened
What I would like to know is how Parliament let this bullshit happen, doesn't Canada have anti-trust laws or anti-price fixing laws? Who's fucking palms were greased, the same faggots letting Chinese Nationals buy up all your houses and private real estate?

I was actually pretty hesitant to go with pre-paid because of the stigma attached to it and I hadn’t realized how far it had come. Glad I made the switch as owning a phone and only paying a bill when I need to rather than when I’m forced to is much better than the alternative that most people are forcing themselves into. Service is the same and the prices aren’t even in the same stratosphere.

Best part for me is not being locked to specific devices and paying half for the same services without fees added on is nice as well, but otherwise we are in complete agreement

Attached: 242pou.jpg (749x500, 86K)

We allegedly do but the government is pretty corrupt. The amount of profit the Telecoms make is fucking insane. Canada has the most expensive cell phone plans in the developed world, and among the most expensive internet. They always claim its cause "muh infrastructure" but its all been built and the companies are increasing profits year after year.

And yeah its the same faggots who are letting the chinks buy up everything. The high ranking members of the previous BC government all own 4+ properties in the Vancouver area.

That is fucking insane, especially considering the majority of the trunk line runs along the border where 90% of you live
It's not like the US where the population is scattered throughout the country in various different topographical areas where building infrastructure has become an after thought
If Trudeau had any balls at all he'd nationalize the 5G network under the principles he's using to make Canada a Marxist shithole, at least people wouldn't be getting fucked continuously by your Big 3

They changed it so $70 like 2 months ago for new customers.

I have Tracfone and work pays for Verizon. I can't give any shit here. Maybe people at work with Sprint will start to see something beyond 1x or 3G.

you fools, don't you know what an MVNO is? All those little companies just lease airtime/bandwidth from Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, and VZW and resell it. They don't have their own infrastructure.

>prepaid companies are still popping up all over the place and the more companies fighting for your dollar
except theyre not, because there is only infrastructure from att, verizon and now sprint/tmobile. the new companies you speak of are simply using wholesale services from one of the three.

I heard mint sim is the best there is in the US.

Good news. Verizon's going to have fire on its ass now. AT&T is going to be playing catch up.

No one is disputing the definition of what a mobile virtual network operator is, douchebag
Yes, we know how prepaid works and that they lease services to resell them, but that's the point
If you actually paid attention to the mvno market you would know more MVNOs are popping up
When you have more people trying to lease space off the networks they have to compete with each other for your money
Price point will stay competitive because of this

It's the cheapest if you buy a year of service in advance, yes

shit, lucky i got in before that i guess

Sprint was fucking awful, I don't see how their infrastructure will help T-mobile very much. I hope prices don't go up from lack of competition.

$300/yr? wow, im on straight talk right now and might be switching since it's around 600/yr+

anyone go to sprint right at the end of windows mobile in 07'? I got a refferall for Sprint SEO discount and was paying 30/m for unlimited data/txt/talk

Attached: 18s0cyy0x3zxqpng.png (320x257, 108K)

Away with thee, Pajit

>When you have more people trying to lease space off the networks they have to compete with each other for your money
until the day people switch to prepaid entirely making it compete with their post paid service. you are able to buy prepaid cheaper currently, because the big three allow you to. the day they change their minds they will change that.

>The all-stock deal values each share of Sprint at slight more than 0.10 T-Mobile shares. Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile's parent, would own about 42 percent of the combined company. Japan's SoftBank, which controls Sprint, would own 27 percent, and the remainder would be held by the public.

And then they'll come under fire from the FTC, the day everyone switches over to prepaid is the day everyone gets $10million in gold bullion
You will always have idiots like yourself who will gladly pay through the teeth for service so you can have the newest fuccboi apple or samshit toy, so it's really a non-issue

>they'll come under fire from the FTC
they dont come under fire from the ftc now for the shit they pull, alltel/verizon merger was allowed, now spring/tmobile merger is allowed. what makes you think FTC gives a shit about consumers?

Ok motherfuckers, I'm happy as a goddamn clown. When the 5G network hits, all modern flagships will INSTANTLY lose any value they are holding right now because "no fastest networks xdd." Can't wait to buy me a fucking turbocharged S9 for $100

>we'll create robust competition by reducing the number of competitors

Tmobile and Sprint are now known as Spirit.

So 3G will be killed?

T-Mobile will likely kill 2G. AT&T will likely kill 3G.

What will happen to my shitty Virgin mobile service? I hope it dies and they refund me my money.

And then they'll come under fire from the FTC, the day everyone switches over to prepaid is the day everyone gets $10million in gold bullion
You will always have idiots like yourself who will gladly pay through the teeth for service so you can have the newest fuccboi apple or samshit toy, so it's really a non-issue

3G is already being phased out

WiMAX was a fucking mistake. They've been stuck with the spectrum ever since.
I think they were going to switch Android users over to Boost now that Virgin is iPhone-only, but who knows which prepaid brands will survive if the merger goes through.

That's the point, retard.

It was a mistake, they kept it running until the majority of wimax phones were turned in/upgraded
I used to work for them, all their corporate reps are masters at doublethink and doublespeak, they lie so goddamned much they actually believe the bullshit
Sprints other problem is they never invested enough in their infrastructure after the wimax debacle, I can't tell you how many times I had to tell people the reason their service was so shit was due to "tower work"

>was on tmo
>switched to sprint for cheap family plan
>suddenly back on tmo
oh come on

Considering one is CDMA and the other is GSM what exactly does this mean on the network side? They're still going to have to be split due to the hardware right?

Good luck fighting the corporate PR and lobbying machine with infinite budget when most of the population don't have faintest concept of macroeconomics or market dynamics.

cdma/gsm hasnt been an issue for years you dingus, that is 3g only.

But I can't use a Sprint phone on the T-Mobile network for that reason so it still is an issue? I can't get a OnePlus because I am on Sprint?

Most phones these days support bands from all 4 providers.

Flagships maybe
Motorola's don't count

With Tmobile's infrastructure and Sprint's frequency bands they might actually be a good competitor to Verizon and AT&T. It's hard for me to decide whether this is a good thing or not.

Yep, combine 2 of the literal worst coverage companies together, maybe they will be worthwhile for anyone other than homeless people.

TMo's coverage is equal to AT&T now
With TMos coverage and aquisition of Sprint's frequencies they might just blow the other two the fuck out

Tmobile has a good network thanks to the AT&T deal falling through and giving them a shitload of money but they have no frequency bands to make use of it.

Sprint has good frequencies but their network is littered with obsolete technology and they can't even take advantage of them.

This was probably the best acquisition in the current market.

No, it won't. T-mobile is literal garbage tier. Maybe you didn't see that they just lost a lawsuit because they faked the fucking sound of a phone ringing to make it seem like your calls were going through but in reality they weren't because the network was so shitty.

>no frequencies
We're you dropped on your head as a child? They use just about the same frequencies AT&T have with the added bonus of the 600MHz spectrum they just bought in the auction last year, they have the low end covered
Sprint has ahitty high frequency that's shit for 4G, but great for 5G in higher concentrated areas
They now have the spectrum covered end to end

MetroPCS used to be CDMA before T-Mobile bought them. They've been down this road before, although now they will be dealing with a much larger network.

oscillating the 5g waves

not that guy, but what do you use

>Prepaid in Canada is abhorrently expensive.
Tmobile is unlimited, and covers US, Canada, and Mexico for $90/month (or lower).

So this deal is okay but At&t buying time Warner is horrible, the government is so hypocritical sometimes.

$90 a month is still a lot. Also if you're out of the US for too long they cut off your service. Lots of Canadians try it but it only works for about 2 months.

They're probably buying them for the customers. Sprint Customers will see a name change and nothing else until the new network infrastructure is in place. That would be a better solution than waiting for Sprint to collapse and pray that people will switch to Tmobile.

Government hasn't weighed in on the deal yet.

when will they ditch the old mobile tech?