/spg/ - Smartphone General - LineageOS is dead edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

>News
Huawei P20 & P20 Pro Review
phonearena.com/reviews/Huawei-P20---P20-Pro-Review_id4517

Nokia 6 (2018) review
gsmarena.com/nokia_6_2018-review-1754.php

Meizu 15, 15 Plus, and 15 Lite hands-on review
gsmarena.com/meizu_15_meizu_15_plus_meizu_15_lite_hands_on-review-1753.php

Motorola announces moto G6 and E5
anandtech.com/show/12668/motorola-announces-moto-g6-and-e5

Previous:

Attached: Lineage_OS_Logo.png (2000x1000, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fuchsia.googlesource.com/docs/ /master/the-book/
theverge.com/2018/2/14/17011246/huawei-phones-safe-us-intelligence-chief-fears
google.com/amp/s/www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407896,00.asp?amp=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the next step up from Xperia Compact phones? Something slightly bigger.

>LineageOS is dead edition
nice source there buddy

He is probably still sperging out about the April's fools joke

Source?

A month later? This shit should be 404'd

r*ported for fake news

Just short and fast

> under 200€
>android
>should have more or less the size of a redmi note 2
>LTE should work in germany

I used to have an redmi note 2 globe but i dropped it.
So if there isnt anything new for the price, I will go with the note 2 again but in case there is something better I am willing to give it a try

>r*ported
For what purpose would you use a wildcard in an anonymous post on a Siberian mold raising imageboard?

Eyeing the Mi Mix 2S(vanilla one has shit camera), but don't want the Chink botnet, is there any ROM with support?

I see some unlocked Essential Phones starting to sell for $250 used on ebay. Might be something to watch for if interested

When am I getting my redmeme note 5 reee

Can anyone recommend phones for the following parameters?

>Budget: up to ~450€
>Best camera possible
>Nice screen
>Good performance and possibly battery
>Stock Android if possible

I killed my Nexus 6P today while trying to swap the battery, I'm so mad at myself, I loved that phone.
Is the original Google Pixel a good buy in 2018?
Any help is appreciated.

Still no official Lineage 15.1 for the klte, falcon and ido

They've stopped caring ever since they left the CyanogenMod name behind

They are pretty much dead in my eyes

They didn't stop caring, they simply ramped up the requirements for builds to be considered official. The rest is up to maintainers.

shame the meizu 15 ships with nougat and a locked bootloader. I like the finger print reader placement. Would've been an instabuy

There has been LOS 15+ nightlies for falcon since last year, most of them quite stable
But they upped the requirements enough to pretty much drop most oldish devices from stable releases

the Nokia 7+ is a solid choice

Are pictures really better quality on 4:3 mode than in 16:9? I know that moar MP =/= better camera but photos on both modes look the same to me.

do people willingly use pajeet tier software such as lineage os

Nothing is stopping you from becoming a maintainer.

About to install it on a Samsung S3 right now. :^)

Should I go for the xz1 compact or wait for the xz2?

Bear in mind ill also be using lineage

My oneplus2 and oneplus3 are both on 15.1

>tfw gemini pda soon
god I hope mine isn't fucked up

This, it's also android one phone.

What alternative do you suggest?

>handful of old devices not supported anymore
>they don't care at all guise they're dead guise

Don't forget osprey

Can anyone tell me how people on swappa can sell sometimes multiple brand new phones so cheap? I'm seeing new in the box Note 8s for just over $600.

How the fuck is it possible to sell a $900 phone for $600? What am I missing?

Original Pixel battery is a disappointment

Redmi Note 5? Should have band 3,7, and 20 support in the global version. Not sure what the German carriers use but you should have similar bands to what Poland has.

Moto G5s Plus a good buy for $440cad? Would prefer 4GB of ram at least and sub $500. Need a replacement asap.

Mokee ROM should support it or just use the Xiaomi.eu version of MIUI (removes all the bloat).

>ge bought a Lenovo Moto G
Explain yourself.

>handful
About 10% of the devices on their website have 15.1 builds

>not dead
>not available on year old flagships like Xperia XZ Premium

Looks pretty dead

currently using 2nd gen moto g. Has been a great phone for the past 3 1/2 years but it is really starting to show its age.

I am tempted to get the 5th gen, but since Motorola got acquired by Lenovo, I'm very skeptical.

any recommendations in $200-400 price range? Only real qualifier is 4g LTE support and ability to root. (use tmobile prepaid plan)

>9 out 10 most used devices still don't have 15.1
It's dead.

>Xperia XZ Premium
If that phone would have wireless charging I would buy it, but I want that as well. I hope they bring out something similar with wireless charging included. Currently Samsung ticks all the boxes but it's Samsung and I don't know if I want one.

Do people willingly believe that they're in any sense making a cognizant point with something similar to that masterpiece of yours?

fake or stolen

refurbished?

>implying that anyone want to fuck with the DRM keys on newer Sony devices

Or bought on stolen credit cards.

>Lineage 15.1
Why would you want that? Oreo sucks.

>galaxy note 4 falls from 3 story high window
>find a mint one for $150

I dunno, never really felt like upgrading this, it has all I want and it still feels more or less fast.

On most phone cameras the sensor takes photos in 4:3, so if you change the setting to 16:9 it is just cropping the photos from 4:3. So the resolution of the 16:9 is lower than the 4:3 ones.

LINEAGE OS IS DEAD

LONG LIVE FUCHSIA

>tfw Fuchsia is just a codename for Android 10

what's the best phone under 250 with an open bootloader?

Anyone with a zenfone 2? Which rom is the best?

Seems like Lineage became NutOS and Resurrection became Groovy Android. I'm using NutOS and it feels meh compared to stock Marshmallow.

>Fuchsia is just a codename for Android 10

nah fuchsia just released "the book" the other day finally documenting the zircon micro kernel etc... its an interesting read

fuchsia.googlesource.com/docs/ /master/the-book/

They can still launch it under the Android name, just call it Android Fuchsia. It'll be fully compatible with ART after all.

Mate, right now I can find Nokia 7 plus for 350 EUR at a major retailer, if you can, try waiting a month and it will probably drop to 300 EUR

Just bought one for around 600, I hope it's not fake or stolen. Pretty sure Swappa has some sort of safeguards against this

Daily reminder that you shouldn't use LOS since they are Google's bitch.
Use AOSP or AOSP-based such as OmniROM with patches for signature spoofing built-in.

Hey niggers please tell me the g7 will look like the beautiful g6 but with a good audio dac

6+ owner here, had this phone for over 3 years and I want to change to Android this year. Should I buy now or wait for the still for release flagships?

It will have a notch and no 3.5 jack. Because THAT is what makes iphones successful, right?

So has verizon just become a company that only carries Samsung and Apple phones? LG and Moto are trash these days and might as well not exist. What the hell is going on? I've been nursing a note4 forever and it's time for an upgrade. What do?

Fuck you, why the fuck did they cheap out on the g6 and didnt build everything the v30 has in it? Nigger iam about to cry are there any Premium Smartphones with a 3.5 mm and as good looking as the g6 left?

DUDE just buy R

What's the most durable phone that also has a good camera? Price isnt an issue

iPhone X

>iPhone X
>durable
kek.

Stick invisiblek's Lineage 15.1 on it and it's pretty nice

LineageOS has never been the same ever since the name changed. All that's left are shitty pajeets maintaining most of the devices and the decrease in quality shows. Instead of contributing to CM/Lineage you have pajeets making 1000 different ROMs based on it and sharing none of the sources (with names like "FireHound OS", "Bootlegger ROM" must be stable right?). The most stable CM was back in CM12.1 days where devs could at least be counted on to provide stable builds, and the community was more active. I don't know whether people grew out of custom ROMs or were just turned off because of OEMs/carrier jewery, but the scene is pretty much stagnant if not dead already.

Just ordered the Sony XZ2 Compact, man I'm hype. The only problem is no root right now as far as I can tell but I pretty much only use it for Titanium Backup and Cf Lumen at this point

What should I get then

Avoid anything built like a glass sandwich if you want durability. Some phones that come to mind are:

XZ2 Compact
S8 Active (or wait for the S9 Active)

I'm starting to get sick and tired of waiting for devs to properly port LineageOS to the pixel. Are there any other good flag ships that I could put Lineage on? I dont know anything about Chinese phones and I'm very skeptical of them because of what the FBI said.

theverge.com/2018/2/14/17011246/huawei-phones-safe-us-intelligence-chief-fears

I'm not a conspiracy theorist and I dont believe they are releasing this warning because it limits the amount of information they can get from regular use.

when is Mi Mix 2s getting support?

My jack on my RN3P is almost ded, it works pretty bad, but it werks. Should I replace it or is it not posible at all? I don't really want to upgrade to the RN5 since the 3P works very good already.
>tfw wait for the RN6 and it has the same CPU or worse and no USB C
Xiaomi, please, don't make me cry in like one year from now.

So I dropped my Moto G4 Plus and the display died.
Now I can't unlock it because half of the screen is dead and the phone always asked me for the unlocking pattern when it booted.
So because of this I can't access my files when I connect it to my PC, is there any way I can get my data from my phone? Or should I just hope I can get someone to repair in my 3rd world shithole?

Just got the N7P and adb works fine on Linux but I can't find any drivers for Windows. Anyone else got this issue?

I'm in the US on ATT.
What sub-$200 phones have the best camera's and general OS/software support? I'd prefer to get a newer phone than a used one.

Mi5 has
:^)

give it back Rajesh

Pico Package
>This package is designed for users who want the absolute minimum GApps installation available. In this package you will find the core Google system base, Google Android Shared Services, Google Play Store, Google Calendar Sync, Dialer Framework and the following Play Store applications
If it includes PlayStore would be allow me to install some GApps from there later if I want to or do I need to install them now (Aroma)?
>ie. com.google.android.apps.photos

Also, what is Google Exchange Services exactly? The lack of it would interfere with MS exchange email?

I'm a José, not a Pajeet.

You have to send in proof for your phone that it's not sketch when you're trying to sell iirc. You should be good for the most part. Unless they literally send over another phone or some shit.

what dumbphone has the best camera?

bonus points for cheap, rugged, verizon but obviously this is a pretty niche request so I'll take what I can get

Worth the wait for the op6 or should I get something else? Got a OPO with lineage at the moment.

>LineageOS is dead edition
So it's not just me. Thanks God!

are you by chance a retarded faggot? do some dev work on a ROM before you proclaim something dead because the newest version doesn't support your device, nigger
>t. unofficial maintainer for an LG device

Is greenify, naptime or any of those battery apps worth using with oreo?

If you can hold on maybe a year or 2 long er, Verizon is reported trying to switch to gsm by 2019

google.com/amp/s/www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407896,00.asp?amp=1

Wait

What are you talking about? LG V30 is quite great and G6 is decent and cheap, way better than buying some chink shit.

They're locked down though
Xiaomeme at least lets you unlock it even if the process is retarded.

>Want Sony phone
>Remember their track record with headphone output
Fuck I'll wait until the S8 gets cheaper.

Attached: butterspit.webm (408x720, 2.83M)

Have a Nexus 5X. What's the difference between LineageOS with GApps and LineageOS for microG? Can I use stuff like Google Drive, Google Maps, and the Play Store with microG?

Is there a definitive method for replacing your phone screen DIY? Seems most people opt for pre cut adhesives and such, but one mentioned LOCA glue. Any guidance is helpful. :)

Yes
Retards here are numberwhores
Daily reminder that you should use ROM most suited for your phone and needs. And sig spoofing is not exclusive to omnirom
True
MicroG and YalpStore, dum dum.

>Remember their track record with headphone output
??

Buy machines from China. Buy the parts too while you're at it

Fucked up FR, high noise, high OI or any combination of the 3.

newest sony phone has no headphone jack problem solved

Thanks for the info, the 7 plus does look interesting, but I'm reading kinda mixed things on the camera.. And the camera is kind of my top priority, hence me thinking about the OG Google Pixel.

Pixel or Pixel XL? I've read both good and bad things about the Pixel batteries, but 3450mah doesnt seem that little.
How is it if you'd use the XL's screen in 1080p mode?

Wouldn't be surprised if they fuck up the adapter too.