When will 5g be today's 4g?

when will 5g be today's 4g?

Attached: 5G-speed.png (680x373, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

verizon.com/about/news/verizon-launch-5g-residential-broadband-services-5-markets-2018
ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/6736746/
ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/7247338/
youtube.com/watch?v=X0ZLv0JsggM
youtube.com/watch?v=Sa_Hiv98tPY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Those 5g speeds are theoretical.

When samsung and apple releases their phones ready for it.

Just like with Galaxy s3

All this effort in new tech when they still not getting the old one done right.

>falling for Jewish tricks

The only reason there's a huge push for 5g is to make other phones unusable. If you replace the signal and shut down old signal services, goyim like us will be forced to upgrade

So are all the other ones

Im still on 3g fuck me

Finland already has 5G everywhere. The only thing they're waiting for are 5G enabled phones and routers to hit mainstream. My friend who lives there said his street has been getting free 5G to their houses while it's being tested.

Not everywhere, only on the capital and the populated cities

>apple
ahahahhahahaha
apple released phones that were incapable of reaching the upper limit of 4g... and what's more funny? Intel made those modems.

For this to work there should be no data caps.

Apple forces others to jump to the other standards

>5g comes
>10 Gigabit speed for mobile users
>monthly bandwidth is still 5 GB
>costs $60/m
>use up your monthly allocated bandwidth in 3 seconds

never hopefully

Might actually mean I'll get better internet in Canada, especially the boonies. Who am I kidding, the government and telcos will fuck us regardless. Time to throw myself off a bridge.

this. this whole thing is retarded.

>run speedtest
>dies in 3 seconds
kek

>have super fast 10gb internet
>have 4gb monthly bandwidth limit
woo. hit that 4gb limit at the speed of light!

we haven't even achieved 4G maximum speed

Can't wait to see the overage charges.

No you don't. 5G isn't even standardized yet. The next ITU meeting will be held either in 2019 or 2020 and the first official specifications will come out of it.
Right now everything is research only.
t. telecom. engineer working on research for antennas to be deployed on phones.

>when
wut? i already have 5g and it tops at around 970mbps on a 1gbps connection, meh

Verizon has plans for 5G home internet launching by the end of this year IIRC.

verizon.com/about/news/verizon-launch-5g-residential-broadband-services-5-markets-2018

What kind of shit latency will this garbage have?

Apple buys components from the bottom shelve.
Same shit happened with oled displays from lg.

Lower than 4G

When they kill all my TV channels like they are already doing.

>home 5g
>woohoo it has a 100gb monthly cap!

>wut? i already have 5g
No, you don't.

$50 service disconnection fee from rogers lifeternet

He's probably talking about his "5Ghz WiFi"

Naming it "5G" was a mistake, they should have named it "6G" to avoid confusion.

normies upgrade on an annual basis anyways retard

Divide all those numbers by the number of jews on telcom's boards, and you'll get the real speed

[citation needed]

ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/6736746/
ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/7247338/

Lower latencies are one of the most assured things that 5G will have. Those are just a couple of papers out of tons that mention it.
It doesn't take a lot of IQ to figure out that higher frequencies imply lower latency.

mfw i work in the call centre for teliasonera and some chick once asked me if the government were forcing us to hold back on 5G because she had already seen lots of 5G-wifis and was wondering why she didnt get any better than 4G on her phone

>mfw i have no face

Tomorrow.

I don't give a shit about mobile speed. H+ was enough for me, they should work on making unlimited data cheaper instead.

They could make unlimited data pretty much as cheap as they want. It doesn't cost them all that much. People pay more, so they charge more.

How did you resist not telling her to go kill herself?

Faster speeds also makes it cheaper per GB.
Since you have more bandwidth to share.

Never. It will be teased and 'tested' for decades before carriers get off their asses and implement it.

Cheaper for the telecom companies. They're not going to pass any savings on to the consumers.

All these cable shills. Jews competing is good for the goys. I'm sure they'll find a way to remove all competition just like they did with fiber though.

They don't compete, though. When Comcast was trying to merge with Time-Warner they argued that it was no big deal because their markets barely overlapped. They were referring to about 30% of the market in total.

5G causes cancer, it is a push to cause mass depopulation. The towers themselves are placed near each other to cause maximum EMF radiation output. This is the killswitch for humanity.
youtube.com/watch?v=X0ZLv0JsggM
youtube.com/watch?v=Sa_Hiv98tPY

>I'm sure they'll find a way to remove all competition just like they did with fiber though.
It's called globalism and it's coming real soon.

Ive heard that japan will provide 5G trial version during the coming Olympic Games, is that true?

>there are actually people this retarded

>wanting to die a slow death for one second netflix download speeds

Utter bullshit. There isn't even a finished 5G standard.

This is Jow Forums

What do you expect from the retards that populate this place?

Are you retarded? Wireless is an entirely different industry and market from cable. Verizon FIOS and Verizon Wireless aren't even the same company, they're subsidiaries under a holding company.

Wireless has seen TONS of competition in the past 5 years alone. T-mobile went from being the shittiest network to be contender for a close 2nd in 4G LTE and has like tripled their customer base for wireless service. Not to mention they revived unlimited plans and is forcing it to become a standard. Most big industries don't see competition like this.

You didn't invalidate my point, dumbass

>5G
>cannot even pass through walls

I'm still hesistant at exactly how this tech will benefit me. It all just sounds like a big inconvenience right now.

This is bait

It will beamform through your window bitch

4G is backward compatible with 3G. If a place have 4G it will have 3G too.

Where the fuck did you hear that bullshit?

>nu-Jow Forums

It's not bait. I've seen the reports it works way less good than wifi and they just plan to install thousands of extra signal thingies everywhere.

It don't even work good through glass. Right now it all seems like a pie in the sky dream that won't be good at all unless you live in a megacity.

haha

>2018
>5g
>still data cap

>way less good
Jesus fuck
>the absolute state of nu-Jow Forums
The reason why 5G doesn't pass through walls is because it has to use a higher frequency and higher frequencies need a shit ton of power behind them in order to penetrate walls, rocks, trees, people, so on and so forth

>you can now blow through your monthly cap in one second and rack up hundreds of dollars in overcharges every second

>being this stupid

Millimeter wave goes straight through glass like pretty much nothing

Capitalism as fuck!

>implying 5G would be a thing under communism
>implying the internet would exist for the proletariat to use

I'm pretty sure those numbers are the total throughput for a tower (likely based off high band 5G) rather than what users will actually see.

>The only reason there's a huge push for 5g is to make other phones unusable.
Wrong, it's because more people (and their shitty IOT devices) are connecting to the internet via mobile data today, necessitating equipment that can handle higher throughput.

5G doesn't work on a single frequency band you fucktards. It's going to be deployed with towers running on separate high band, mid band, and low band frequencies depending on the population/population density of the area the towers are supposed to cover. In rural areas you're going to see low band towers running from the same sub GHz frequencies used now down to 600-700 MHz that will match or exceed the coverage of current towers. In places where a fuckton of devices in a small area need access you'll see high band 60 GHz towers.

Except that's wrong.

overage charges aren't a thing anymore.. they just throttle your internet instead

I fucking wish. It's $0.50 a mb here

That just sounds like more expensive contracts and more taxes for me.
This just sounds like fantasy, rural areas won't get good coverage, I saw a report on the bbc saying they are "working on it". No promises.

>that just sounds like more expensive contracts and more taxes for me
Why in the everloving fuck did you respond to me? What the fuck does that have to do with anything I typed?

> higher frequencies need a shit ton of power behind them

And how do you think they'll pay for that power? There's no magic money farm kiddo. This sounds like my family plan is going up to $300/m just for some fancy schmancy 5G signals.

those 4g speeds are theoretical.

The absolute best I've seen is 150Mbps 100 feet from a tower at 3AM on a handset with a cat 14 4x2 modem. My carrier deployed "LTE-A" in that area last year.

My s8 supports 5g

Will it really be that fast? Isn't that like fiber optic speeds? I would play online video games a lot more.

itt obliviousness, you guys will be dead a couple months after they turn on the killswitch. The mass media will blame it on a virus, then the government will force vaccines

Attached: 1519280568890.png (1920x1080, 229K)

more proof samsung will lead the way

It's more like this

3G - 8 down 5 up
4G - 35 down 20 up
5G - 70 down 100 up

Or something similar to that kind of scaling

It also depends on congestion as on 4G in the city centre of mine I only get about 8 down while I go out with the city a little bit and I'm getting 50 down.

It's more like this

3G - 8 down 5 up
4G - 35 down 20 up
5G - 70 down 100 up

Or something similar to that kind of scaling

It also depends on congestion as on 4G in the city centre of mine I only get about 8 down while I go out with the city a little bit and I'm getting 50 down.

>5g is faster than your fiber internet

Even 3G and 4G don't work everywhere. So very unlikely that 5G is available outside bigger cities

A 5GHz WiFi connection

See
And calm the fuck down

IMFUCKINGPLYING any of those speeds reach that fucking rate.

What the actual fuck!?

4G/LTE has never ever ever reached 100Mbps what are these CIA NIGGER telephone companies fucking smoking? god fucking damn

I'd be happy with 100Mbps 4g

This is just tricks they use to trick you into giving them more money. They say it's fast and it's all lies, just you watch 5G will arrive, have awful signal strength and only be fast for a select few and even then it won't be nearly as fast as they are promising.

you won't ever get that, even at 5G no matter what they are promising. They are lying, like they did with 4G and LTE and 3G.

They could offer 10g, whatever that would be, and it wouldn't mean shit with the data rates and caps that Canada has.

We need 5G-9G before there can be a 10G

Dude I had an HTC Thunderbolt back when Verizon rolled out their 4G network and I could easily pull down 70Mbps over the air. It was fucking insane.

Then everyone got 4G phones and Verizon realized that it's better to build the network later, once people have phones rather than beforehand (LTE-A), and so now the networks are just continually congested.

Those were some good days though.

5G theoretical speeds are even more inflated compared to 4G since 4G theoretical maximum is based on carrier aggregation between frequency bands that can fully or partially penetrate buildings (700, 850, 1700, 1900 MHz) while 5G speed maximum is assuming carrier aggregation of those bands plus frequency bands that cannot penetrate the thinnest of walls like 3400, 3600, 4200, 4800 MHz bands.

fucking this
i remember back in 2011, AT&Ts HSPA+ whipped everyone else's ass and it was plenty fast
hell, I feel like even 3G on my iPhone 4 was faster than the dogshit i deal with now on LTE, though it could just be poor mobile web optimization who knows

It's for ad tracking, they slow it down and grab your info then restart it

this, and its probably going t to be used for ads, updates, botnet traffic and a continuous livestream of your cell camera to an unknown server that you cant block

>Amazon Alexa/Google Assistant/Siri in every home
They way they can create an image using Sonic frequencies, needing a telescreen went out the window a long time ago

150 Mbps is higher than 10,000 Mbps

what kind of shitty backwater redneck town do you guys live in that has data caps on mobile or home internet
>inb4 "hurr durr i live in america"
the only americans with data caps live in rural shitholes