/wt/ - Watch Thread: No pics edition

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, Casio aq230, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people (unironically):
youtube.com/watch?v=_CxYEOpWchY

>Thread theme (also unironically):
youtube.com/watch?v=2rr1ohi76TU

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/263645638954
discord.gg/dZK4h3
strawpoll.me/15604506
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wrist check
> Seiko 5S21-7A10

How did you do this, it won’t let me post a thread without photos

SSG001

aq230

Seiko SARB033.

Just posted it desu, that's it.

when i try it says "no file selected"

A. Lange & Sohne Saxonia

Explorer 114270

Tick the no file box.

Tubor Black Bay

>Tick the no file box.
there is not one user

Okay
Wile posting normally, press send, chuck your fake tudor to the bin and press delete file while it's posting.
Voila.

that does not work when making a new thread

Get the bin closer then.

Casio w217h-9av with the resin band from an AE1200. Looks great and is super comfortable.

Seagull ST5 on a novelty NATO

spooky swatch

How do you guys think my BB looks on this sand coloured NATO?

Pic related, nothing

posting good deal, lot cheaper than $584

ebay.com/itm/263645638954

>To whoever in the last thread was asking how much was too much to pay for a spaceview, I'd say 200-250 is a good price. Maybe up to 350 for one in fantastic condition or a rare case design.
This isn't true. 200-250 will get you a Spaceview that doesn't work or keeps ridiculously bad time.
A good one will be over 300.
And one with a good service history sold by a reputable dealer or watchmaker that runs very well can easily be worth over 500.

There are also specific Accutron bands that can go for over 80 bucks.

Seiko a914-5a09

kinda nice not having images on /wt/.

quartz mm300 user, how is that watch holding up?

been thinking about it for a while. i probably wont buy it but its nice to look at

>kinda nice not having images on /wt/.
>been thinking about it for a while. i probably wont buy it but its nice to look at

Does anyone have any opinions about Void watches?

it's best to aVoid them

Looks like shit.
>Le Swedish minimalism watch meme
And the focus is on design rather than the actual watches which is never a good sign.

Attached: 183280325_c8a7d02a-4b61-4e66-9ff1-5866a91f5d49_1500_1500.jpg (700x700, 112K)

Okay, hi guys and welcome to the thread.

Post images

Attached: 20180428_204148.jpg (4032x3024, 1.88M)

So images are broken again aren't they

No, you're just banned from posting them.

Okay.

Attached: IMG_20180426_145157_HDR.jpg (3264x2448, 1.23M)

Attached: IMG_0388.jpg (3072x2304, 1.21M)

i use AOL's image search exclusively

stop posting images.

>the focus is on design rather than the actual watches
I'm not sure what you mean

Why

>That finishing

Attached: Casio AQ 230 Gold.jpg (640x581, 41K)

Attached: casio_finishing.jpg (1600x1600, 198K)

Yeah the biggest worthless shitposter of all time gets the first image all day, fuck this place

i got one o dem digi ana casio time tellers, only problem is its pretty hard to see dem numbas and dial sticks. any idea whut i can do about dat?

Very happy with it so far. It's pretty much everything I wanted from a diver.

I think it's really nice in person, it's big but not oversized at all and I say that as someone who wears a 36mm watch. The all-black it pretty classy, it doesn't look edgy or tacticool in my opinion. I like how it looks on rubber straps, but rubber is sort of uncomfortable and sweaty. It's very comfortable on natos, so I have some new nato straps coming with matching black hardware which should look slick.

You can read the time from a mile away especially with the lume. I'm a little disappointed that the seconds hand is just a tiny bit off the markers, none of my penisquartz watches have that problem so I don't understand how watches today always get that basic shit wrong. But everything else is spot-on and it feels like a sturdy high quality watch. It's kind of nice to know the battery is good till 2021 and I have absolutely nothing to worry about until then.

Attached: size comparison.jpg (1500x1125, 248K)

>tfw your slavshit tracking hasn't updated in 4 days

its fucking gone dude

Does it have a frontloading case?

Here's that w217h with the resin band from an AE1200 I mentioned.

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_20180429_174950.jpg (2556x2556, 2.98M)

Can you ever go wrong if you buy a Casio for less than 50 bucks?

>w217h
Do you like it better than a F-91W? I might have to pick one of these up. Especially since I'm becoming farsighted as fuck.

No, the 300m Tunas have normal casebacks and very short drilled lugs. The 1000m Tunas are the frontloading ones and have no lugs. Image uploading stopped working again but look at the photos on Seiyajapan and you can compare the backside of the SBBN035 and SBBN025.

Pls no

For me the three big draws are the slightly larger size, the springbars on the strap, and the much brighter LED compared to the f91w.

The strap having springbars means it's easy to remove the band and boil-curve it using the bottom of a coffee cup, which makes it way more comfortable.

and the shitter posters are back ...

I kinda liked /wt/ with no images, it killed these retards.

(You)

How easy would it be to replace the dial of a Amphibia without specialized tools?

? He's not wrong.

I'd never given those watches a second look, but seeing yours has given me a new appreciation for the brushed stainless 300m model.

When you say without specialized tools, do you mean even without a jeweler's screwdriver? Without that it might be impossible.

And as a follow up, I can't imagine an old Vostok can't be taken apart with the minimum amount of tools. You might find yourself a little fucked without the right size screwdrivers, a pair or two of tweezers, and a tool to remove the hands like pic related.

Tools are cheap though user, just buy a basic set on ebay

Don't bother trying if you aren't going to use; caseback opener, suitably sized watchmaker's screwdriver, brass tweezers, hand remover, hand setter, movement holder. You will fuck it up.

I guess that's how it spreads. I got interested a while ago because there was a /wt/ poster who had a spring drive tuna. I ended up picking the quartz 300m instead, but the spring drive version is also super nice and is one of the cheapest options for getting a spring drive movement.

Everything can be improvised, but it's not recommended. You need a caseback opener, a very small screwdriver, and a hand remover at the very least. These can be purchased cheaply from China.

how much is it

casio w-86

discord when

discord?

Most of us are already in the urban gentry facebook group.
Join in to avoid shitposters.

Yes, discord. That's where "generals" move to when the shitposting makes the threads go so fast it's not a single bit enjoyable anymore.

I found mine in mint used condition for $780, best price I found new was Seiya for like $940.

The 1000m quartz is like $1700, 1000m auto is $2800, 600m spring drive is like $3000. There's also some cheaper automatic baby tunas but I wasn't a big fan of any of them.

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF NU-Jow Forums

Yeah, how about no. I was here before these shitposters showed up, and I'll be here long after they leave. Like fuck I'm going somewhere else because some jackasses have pathetic enough lives to spend 8 hours a day trying to shit up /wt/.

Please this.

Fuck facebook

meant to quote , and

>after they leave
>being this optimistic

elegant lines, not as thicc as i would have thought

No, I just have a longer memory than you. There have been long stretches in /wt/s past where there weren't that many shitposters. One of them lasted essentially the whole time between the ecoshill and around a year ago when a bunch of permatrolls started shitting up thread after thread.

Could you list the permatrolls so I know to avoid them.
Yeah i'm new.

The eco guy cracked me up, did nothing wrong imo

While we wait for the list,
>how to avoid them
By using filters.

How do you filter anynymous posts?

It looks pretty good here desu.

Start buying replica Tudor watches.

You either filter the image or you filter certain words or phrases like "black bay".

discord.gg/dZK4h3

but people like windy have moved to posting mainly high quality original images of watches without much repeating text

How can you be sure if something is fake or not on Ebay?

Join the discord, and we'll gladly help
:^)

There's no single way, that's too open a question.

It requires research. Did you read the pastebin?

Do your homework and buy from seller that are either legit highly rated businesses or private sellers who seem knowledgeable and honest.

>using discord
Sad.

>not using discord
Very sad.

>using discord because your hugbox got watches you don't like posted in it
Sad.

This

> But I can't troll anymore on their discord
You aren't fooling anyone.

strawpoll.me/15604506

>WWWWWWWAAAAAA
>WAAAAAAAAAAA
>user CAN AFFORD A TUDOR BLACK BAY AND I CANT
>WAAAAAAAAAA
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>IM MOVING TO DISCORD

Fucking pathetic, grow the fuck up you waste of oxygen.

Reminder that I have more IPs than you.

>user CAN AFFORD A CHINK FAKR TUDOR BLACK BAY AND I DON'T LIKE FAKES

FTFY