Nintendo Switch

I just bought a nintendo switch, I just saw the JerryRigEverything video where he opens the switch and finds that a lot of it isnt actually soldered in and that its a clip in system, he even talked about the RAM being able to be replaced... now unless the RAM is some sort of proprietary bullshit, I think I might just take my switch apart and upgrade the RAM, re-apply thermal paste and pads.

Has anyone done this before?
Can my /g bros help me find the parts?
Am I delusional?

video: youtube.com/watch?v=ETN97XOx4ZY

Attached: Switch.png (1911x1071, 2.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8sa1otmv6-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The RAM is a proprietary module and the OS probably assumes that the stock amount of RAM is present and would crash or simply not use any more if more was present.

What the fuck would more ram do anyway?

It's hackable now. It's possible to run Linux on it.

Why would you use linux on this? Its netbook tier shit.

It's 100% not going to be standard DIMMs
Forget it

Because you CAN.

Rule of thumb: just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

example: buying a nintendo switch

it's actually decent
quad core + 4gb ram
youtu.be/8sa1otmv6-s

Id wait on the hack. They cant patch it but they likely will be able to detect it and ban you from online services

>reasonably responsive desktop
>runs normal desktop Linux, not some crippled "mobile" environment
>connects to a TV
>also better for gaming than regular tablets

There was some data mining done recently and Nintendo is working on a hardware update for the newer models where they're gonna make it harder to hack and install linux...and im sure they'll release some firmware update that will make it a lot harder to fuck with the system. You know how anal Nintendo is about people bootlegging their products.

Don't care about Linux, can you pirate on it already?

Everyone is going on about the RAM upgrade but are there any thoughts about upgrading thermal pastes / pads? I feel like that could have some legitimate benefit.

It would be interesting to see if they can beat the paperclip with a firmware update.

>im sure they'll release some firmware update that will make it a lot harder to fuck with the system.
They can't. The exploit is impossible to fix on already sold hardware. It's a bootrom exploit that can only be modified in factory.

You forget you're on the board of literal autist manchildren.

Where does it say anything about replaceable RAM? The Internal memory storage is clipped in and can be changed but the RAM last time I checked is under the shielding next to the CPU where it should be

>Tegra
Into the trash it goes.

Tegra good

Can the battery be replaced so it doesn't last only barely 3 fucking hours on Handheld mode?

So I take it you can no longer connect it to the dock for use on a big screen with Loonix right?

Hackers are working on custom firmware and piracy for it, with the custom firmware planned for sometime around June.

Assuming you can code up a way to output HD 1080p video through USB, then yeah big screen Loonix it is.

So you can watch BLACKED videos on your switch, naturally.

Attached: 1525015316994.gif (800x600, 144K)

you're not funny

This.
Everyone please reply to and tell them to kill themselves.

Kill yourself.

t. assblasted basedboys detected

It's not USB, it's a display-port signal that travels through the Type C connection. It's well within the specifications. The dock converts the signal from DP to HDMI.

>I think I might just take my switch apart and upgrade the RAM, re-apply thermal paste and pads.
when you fuck up your console don't forget to post pics so we can all laugh at you

Welp, switch profits will go down the shitter when the piracy firmwares come out. And some games will be canceled as a result. I wish they'd at least give it another year for games to come out before messing with its lifespan.

You seem to have dropped this, sir

Attached: (.jpg (480x640, 42K)

This sounds stupid, but this is the same Nintendo that hard coded 512MB flash into every Wii game and included a second 512MB flash chip in the WiiU instead of using some sort of virtual memory set up.

Why didn't they go with Zen APUs? Was it too late? They're getting fucked hard because of it.

Reminder that sales of the PSP, DS and 3DS went UP when piracy became big on them.

>include patch in update
>if a flash is attempted to brick the hardware and wipe all roms
Ta da

No sane person has big enough pockets to fit a big enough nuclear reactor that can power those chips.

NDS and GBA got hacked and successfully emulated and still sold like pancakes. You either too young to remember or too stupid to realize that piracy does not affect sales of hardware in a negative way.

Because NVIDIA had thousands of Tegra chips waiting for someone to buy them, Nintendo got them for cheap most likely. Plus there were already game engines running on Tegra chips, which allowed for easy ports

>t.

Thanks for using the newfag reddit/neogaf cancer flag kid
>inb4 a predictable mad response
prove me right kid

shoudn't you be busy prepping the bull and charging your switch?

It is never possible to run linux on nvidia hardware. Wake up.

>actually believing this
You're either retarded or a shill

Attached: curry.png (409x503, 110K)

Tell me, what version of android runs on your tegra android? What version of linux runs on the ps3, which was published with linux support? tell me, who did linus flip off? give me driver to the optimus gpus, you seem to know where they are. and do you also have a tip on which kernel version from kernel.org runs nvidia graphics? hows the c2d nvidia chipset support coming along? your 9400m running well, yes?

you're full of shit. remove it from the lump you call 'your' body before talking back, turdbwoi.

Attached: 1423082041363.jpg (3840x2160, 797K)

>Frogposters still braindead
It's like they're not even trying anymore

Not him but,
>t.
>newfag reddit/neogaf cancer flag
>Some people actually believe this
Only a newfag from Reddit wouldn't recognize the >t.Alberto Barbosa meme from Jow Forums

Attached: WE WUZ CONQISTADOORS AND ASTECKS AND SHIIET.png (268x269, 101K)

>mangaturdbwoi still replying back
Enjoy your (You) from the perspective of reality.

Attached: 1509026919009.png (742x742, 326K)

I had an R4 in the DS hayday, I know all about the impacts of piracy back then. But times have changed a lot since then. Information wasn't as widespread back when I had an r4 in highschool, and it was still a 50-60 cad investment along with installation and troubleshooting with piracy protected software, so not everyone was willing to jump through those hoops back then.
Jump ahead a bit, and we have the rxtools 3DS piracy, which was a huge time investment in the beginning, and if you didnt have a class 10 sd card, you were buying one of those too. But this was when we hit software only, so no money investment means more were willing to try it.
Now we've simplified the procedure to a point even most normalfags can do it provided a link to a guide. Its highly accessible and easy.

The switch is lining up to skip right to the second phase of the 3DS hacks, but without the already long lifespan of the system behind it. Nintendo lost a lot of money on the 3DS launch thanks to lack of software, that wasnt due to piracy, but they will be frugal in the future. You may think things will play out exactly the same as it did years ago, but a lot has changed in that time. The spread of information is quicker, and if we have one button installs at the top of /v/ and reddit everyday, most people wont bother buying anything they dont have to.

Attached: tumblr_p62w3a2ouo1rqcfojo1_1280.png (1280x720, 224K)

this
i just checked with my local game store and says because of this they might spike up the price of the console next month

Until they push out a silent hw update some months later and we have a PS3 situation.
Also if you fuck up shorting the pins you will brick it.

Man, zedrin just does the best Curly. Fuck.

65W minimum chip on a handheld, are you fucking retarded?

This is Nintenshit we're talking about here, the Tegra already is power fucking hungry.

Nigger what

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-30_02-18-13.png (687x509, 54K)

>JRE

You do realize he's nothing more that a glorified phone bender right? He has no actual knowledge of electronics.

>Zen launch October 2017
>Switch launch March 2017
Nice

yer but the PSP got hacked early on and killed all its international sales and probably made people not buy the vita until it was also hacked.

the reason the NDS and GBA didn't get effected is because their main demographic is not computer literate while with switch I would say the main demographic is closer to the PSP so it could have a effect.

Too late

That's bullshit, the PSP had a fuckton of games and sold around 80 million, that's more than both the N64 and Gamecube. It sold more than the GBA series too.

Yeah, I mean the DS and 3DS have a ton of individual models between them. I ended up buying a 2ds at one point since there was no other way for me to have an entry point without buying a flashcard, and they were inferior to firmware at the time. The switch is only just starting its run. I just think that all the effort that goes toward security vulnerabilities is taking resources from other future projects. Ultimately when we get a switch ver2, a large portion of that development process will have been wasted on piracy prevention.

I think you mispelled Noill

I dunno, I feel like his style has started to slip lately. His latest Curly works haven't been nearly as good as they have been in the past.

And michaelangelo is dead. Does that make the work he did accomplish while alive worse?

Fair point. I'll give you the victory, you're right.

The thread finished here guys

Nintendo will never make a Switch slim because the CPU in the switch is no longer in active development will never get shrunk etc. I think because of this switch will have a shorter lifespan I expect it to be replaced in 2 years.

>he thinks that was where t. actually came from
newfag confirmed

It's from kuvalauta, that's how you sign in finnish
>t. oldfag

my 60$ chink tablet has an intel processor and can run linux and windows 10

why would anyone do this

Well if the hack works before any software loads....

>why would anyone do this
for science

how will manchildren ever recover?

the best selling psp game only sold 4mil and that was all in japan Monster Hunter. 80mil units isn't alot considering it was the most popular also 20million of its 80mils was japan and it only sold 30mil in US/EU which isn't alot and it had alot of revisions so lots of people upgraded to just pirate on newer models.

psp was only a software success in asia/japan

id say the last 30mil sales of it where probably in china and south east asia for monster hunter.