Windows peaked with vista

windows peaked with vista

Attached: vista.jpg (1024x768, 104K)

I don't know about peaked but Vista was given a way worse reputation than it deserved.

7 ultimate was aiight. Windows died after 8 was released.

Yup. Vista had the best visual design of all windows. It was absolutely beautiful and functionally identical to windows 7.

People just didn't like it because manufacturers put it on computers only intended to run windows xp. By the time windows 7 come along the hardware had caught up and absolute brainlets though that it was better than vista.

RIP vista.

I think you mean Win2k.

agreed

I didn't care for the glass but at least it was fucking consistent compared to the shit we have with Windows 10

No, Windows peaked with Blackcomb demos in 2003.

XP > Vista

where's cow2beef while we're at it

xp is really good but vista is much better looking, vista is also a lot more modern. would love to build a retro xp/2k machine

Attached: windows-xp-bliss-start-screen-100259803-orig.jpg (1920x1200, 772K)

10/10 idea, would use to play OG Sims and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

I don't use Vista anymore but what I liked about it was that it felt like the last Windows designed for desktops. Windows 8 and 10 are tablet operating systems of course but even Windows 7 was weird, the new taskbar was just bigger and the window border was made slightly bigger.

Uses it on launch. Ran into some annoying driver issues, but it worked for the most part. The love for XP was retarded in a world were vista existed.

Windows 9 was the better windows.

You're not wrong.
The Vista UI was god tier for multitasking, windows has never matched it since.

>it felt like the last Windows designed for desktops.

It was the last windows designed under the standards and rules set forth by Bill Gates.
Steve Ballmer, starting with 7, and culminating with 8, set about violating every single hard and fast rule that Gates had ever put in place about Windows design

Attached: 1524419685229.png (1000x1000, 376K)

Win 10 > Win Vista(*ransom ware*)

Attached: 1501287905831.jpg (750x400, 81K)

>would love to build a retro xp/2k machine
then use WindowsServer 2003 stripped down.
You'd be surprised. not secure, but pretty quick.

>It worked for the most part
>Best windows
Come on, windows 10 is best and you know it

I'd prefer the Vista UI, running the under the hood parts of Win 10.

Some of us felt the same way about ME. Universally hated, but if you knew what you were doing and didn't have obscure hardware, it was great.

I miss the glass

Windows peaked with Windows 10, don't fool yourself

You can't define the first upswing after a fucking crater as a "peak"

>windows peaked with vista
Shows that you really never had to deal with Windows Vista.

>Shows that you really never had to deal with Windows Vista.

I used it more or less since it came out, until Win 7.
It worked great, as long as you ran Vista Ultimate x64, and had no less than 2GB of RAM.
It was a great system.

>windows
>peaking
It was always shit, but people toleraed it because of
>muh gaymes
>muh exclusive "professional" software
imho 7 was the least shit Windows.
>unironically shilling for botnet10
kys Pajeet

People that blindly hate windows like you have never worked elsewhere than in IT (and again...)

If you want to use reliably a computer with pro software that runs seamlessly, then you windows is a good OS.
Windows 10 is modern, can do pretty much anything you want, and doesn't crash as often as linux (trust me i've had linux for 8 years now)

The only advantage of linux is the command line and the system administration tools

You can get a linux shell running on windows 10 tho

anime topped in 2007

Attached: snapshot_12.01_[2016.07.29_03.38.15].png (1920x1080, 2.79M)

that shit left me with some problems, but I can`t stop fapping to it.

Blame OEMs shipping 512MB machines with a 5 year newer OS.

Seriously I never had an issue with Vista when I upgraded RAM.

Looks like i walked into a good taste general.

Glad to see many other people who also believe that Windows Vista was the best OS released by Microsoft thus far.

one of my most used feature on an OS (running a graphical interface) is the "spotlight search", the option to search apps and files on your system by name.
I don't find this particularly easy to do on windows vista or 7

What series?

Wow, sparklies!!!

Attached: gaymer soyboy.png (599x471, 159K)

I got a Vista laptop the year 7 was released. after running both on the same machine, I realized Vista was better.

Windows 2000 is unironically the best Windows

School Days? I might be wrong though

Windows 7 is the best desktop OS ever made.

Amen I'll use it until it's fully obselete

>crash as often as linux
Wanna know how I know you're lying about using Linux for 8 years?

That’s what I thought but I’ve never had the guts to watch it. Is it just me or has it become popular again?

Peaked?
After xp, all windows version carry icins from 95/98 and xp/millennium.
What worse is that vista and every later version introduced new icon new UI and never cleaned up the previous one.
Windows peaked with xp.
Everything after that is just a pajeet mess

Vista made me go to OSX.

7 got me back.

Skipped 8.

10 was so bad I went back to OSX

the vector icon ui is really good though and a welcome change, in vista/7 the legacy icons are pretty well hidden from the frontend and only there in legacy win32 applications

windows 8 and 10 on the other hand have the most wildly inconsistent uis, kind of unbelievable they ship products like that now

Never used ME, what was the situation with that?

as you peaked at the autism test

Sounds like windows 8 and 8.1

Basically Vista for 9x. Pretty but buggy and heavy as shit for the time and driver makers had trouble making proper drivers for it for the longest time.

Vista was pretty good by the end of its cycle but nobody gave a shit by then so it's redundant. It wasn't worth upgrading from XP in the early part of its cycle and towards the end it wasn't worth it to get used to a new OS when 7 was around the corner. 7 Blew it out of the water in every way.

Vista is pointless.

>Windows Vista and 8.1 are bad because my friends on Jow Forumspcmasterrace and Jow Forumsprogrammerhumor posted memes saying that but I've never actually tried them XD

I look back on XP and think that was the greatest OS we'll see. By the time it reached SP3, it was solid.

10 is hideous. I still don't get how that UI made it through their quality control. macOS is to the point I may cave and that modular Mac Pro Apple is working on.

8 was shit, 8.1 was much better but suffered from the same issue that late Vista suffered from, being a decent OS that had a bad reputation because it was bad in its early days. It made no sense to use Vista by the time it was good because 7 was so close and corrected all the issues. It made no sense to use 8.1 by the time it was good because 10 was so close and corrected all the issues.

>people now starting to argue vista/8 were fine OS's
>can still remember all the ramlets shitting on ME

Attached: shit's fucked breh.jpg (550x512, 34K)

They're still not bad OSs. Most teenagers now grew up with 7, so they just spout memes they hear. 18 year olds, who will be starting college, were 9 years old when win 7 came out. Do you think a kid can objectively judge an OS on the family shitbox?

Vista is still my favorite OS aesthetically speaking, it had its issues but I would still use it over 7/10 if it had Show Desktop button and proper driver support

> let’s update win98
> let’s keep it on top of dos

> I would still use it over 7/10 if it had Show Desktop button

Attached: image.jpg (1000x1181, 762K)

Peaked? Vista was ME all over again. It definitivelly peaked on Seven.

When Vista released it was shit because Microsoft rushed it and it had a lot of performance issues initially (drivers, programs not working, backwards compatibility issues, etc.)

When Windows 7 was released it was a pretty solid operating system but was overshadowed by it's newer brother.

Jow Forums peaked in 2006, hell, the world peaked in 2006.

>"Microsoft rushed it"
>5 year development time

Attached: laugh2224557258.jpg (480x480, 28K)

Literally write the filename on start menu (at least on 7)

Much more this, then 8 was another train wreck so bad they had to do 8.1

Yes I would use it

Yes. They had no idea what they were doing.

>Microsoft rushed it
No. Vista is just the epitome of pure incompetence, read about Longhorn.

Literally 7 beta

Windows would have peaked with Longhorn.

lol no. Have you ever tried it? Shit was a trainwreck, no wonder they dropped it for something else.

How underage are you?

Attached: image.jpg (275x146, 41K)

>It was always shit, but people toleraed it because of
Lmao, kys.

Windows was always and will always be popular because:
>mainly GUI based, easy to use
>driver support and plug n play that just works
>backwards compatible with older software
>easy to administer hundreds of machines (active directory)
>99% of software being written for it and having all the important software such as Adobe Products, financial products such QB & GPs, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, etc. as well as video games
>the experience is consistent between versions

For fuck's sakes , Linux is FREE and people still refuse to use it. Look at ATM machines; big banks would rather pay money to Microsoft and run Windows on their ATMs then fuck around with Linux even though something simple like an ATM would be a perfect application of Linux. Think about that; the fucking Jews would rather pay money then use something that is free because it is so dogshit.

Linux is dogshit and the only reason why Jow Forums shills for it because most of this board are unemployed NEETs or script kiddies who only code and ignore all the other aspects of computers. This board never talks about networking, system administration, application support, etc. and hell, they do not even talk using server based Linux like Red Hat.

I swear this is a problem with all of Jow Forums where the most obscure aspect of a hobby/industry becomes popular with a board. People seem to enjoy being contrarian cunts for no apparent reason.

Good job ignoring all his other points faggot.

Attached: 65dfc1c79980920dceec52489184cfa9.jpg (1080x1349, 96K)

Great. Almost all od this works on Windows 7 as well. There are no industry standard software exclusives for Windows 10. But why would you care? What could be better than an unprecedented amount of user profiling and telemetry?

If you've been seeing it here and on a couple other boards it's most likely this one guy

I'm 99% sure I'm older than you are
And yes I know of that but its in the wrong place

Probably never heard about that button. kek
Also, who in their right mind uses this button instead of simply super+d?

>expecting something out of a consumer board
I SHIGGY DIGGY DOOOOO

>t. kid whose first os was 7
That’s where it was since Windows 95. Microsoft had to fuck with yet another element that worked.

I'm 29

This has to be the least intelligent post I have ever seen on Jow Forums.
Windows 7 had a show desktop button, never used 10 but microsoft isn't really big on deleting anything ever. This is why a standard windows installation is about 50 gb by now.

Be the change you want to see. Seriously, I want to see more threads like that.

Fuck, I thought was retarded and now I need to defend him.
The button makes sense if you want to interact with the desktop only using the mouse.
If you have the keyboard, why use the desktop at all?

2000>XP>7>10(LTSB)>8.1>Vista>10

>using a computer without a keyboard
That's the most retarded thing I've read here in a while.
If you go that router then just grab a god damn tablet.

Attached: image.jpg (550x400, 33K)

mostly true. gnu/loonix only shines when considered for very specific purposes such as servers (gotta make sure you have an administrator who is well-versed with all the loonix rabbit holes tho) or poor hardware machine (where you can autisticly hand-pick what runs in the background). windows 10 would be a perfect os for general purposes if not for all the telemetry jewery in the background.

most of gnu/loonix distros for general purposes are a bloody nightmare to maintain operational. unless you configure it once and freeze any updates/changes of the environment, then it might be useable.

>mostly true. gnu/loonix only shines when considered for very specific purposes such as servers (gotta make sure you have an administrator who is well-versed with all the loonix rabbit holes tho) or poor hardware machine (where you can autisticly hand-pick what runs in the background). windows 10 would be a perfect os for general purposes if not for all the telemetry jewery in the background.
>most of gnu/loonix distros for general purposes are a bloody nightmare to maintain operational. unless you configure it once and freeze any updates/changes of the environment, then it might be useable.

Attached: 1519840564779.jpg (622x960, 55K)

Windows 7 but with Vistas Photo-gallery

Windows Vista has the best aero experience and sounds

anime topped in 2007 like i already said

Attached: snapshot_15.03.png (1920x1080, 3.49M)

this. vista was a steaming pile of shit, even worse than win8.

>windows has never matched it since.
Huh?

In terms of usability Linux has a lot of room for improvement. I can use Linux for everyday things and be a comfy boy but until it passes the Grandma Test it won't be ready for mainstream use.

Hardware support is kind of a catch-22 because you can't expect manufacturers to go out of their way to support OSes that only 1% of computer owners use, but that number won't increase if new users with new hardware can't get their shit to work.

Win XP professional with SP3 was the best ever made by Microsoft
Second is Win 7.
Vista = trash
Win 10 = trash

Yes, even 7 gimped a lot of the Aero UI.
7 was where Steve Ballmer brought in "experts" to make windows UI elements more flat and less visually distinct in both size, color, and shape.
This, of course reached fever pitch with 8, and has held so far into 10.

No it peaked at longhorn

We don't talk alpha status versions here but released ones that made it public