95% of IT “Engineers” in India Incapable, New Report Reveals

What percentage of US CS grads can't program?

>A new report by Aspiring Minds, the world’s largest employability assessment company, has revealed that over 95 percent of all IT “engineers” in India are incapable of basic programming—shattering the myth of Indian “IT expertise” and destroying the controlled media’s often-repeated claim that engineers from that country are urgently needed to “boost the skill sets of Europe and America.”
archive.fo/GIkhV

Attached: 1501281472672.jpg (760x927, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theoretical_astronomy
mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-new-observer/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theoretical_computer_science
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P_versus_NP_problem
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computability_theory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computability
tradingeconomics.com/malaysia/minimum-wages
xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1000&From=MYR&To=USD
youtube.com/watch?v=GME5nq_oSR4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

94%

What a fucking surprise.

That's what happens when you churn out a massive workforce who's only purpose is to be a leech on the economies of richer nations.

>What percentage of US CS grads can't program?
Who cares? You don't attend a 4 year undergraduate program in Computer Science to learn how to program.

Also, I'm not reading some shit article that discusses "IT engineers" "programming".

>April 2017

Attached: leet.jpg (1770x655, 95K)

This is irrelevant. Computer science is as much the art of writing code as astronomy is the art of building telescopes. Now go outside.

>tfw universities in the us only accept non-whites
Checks out

No, it would be the art of using telescopes. If you can't use a telescope, you aren't an astronomer.

>If you can't use a telescope, you aren't an astronomer.
So I suppose Ptolemy wasn't an astronomer...

Who?

>doesn't know Ptolemy
>the absolute state of nu-Jow Forums

Attached: wtf.png (329x329, 177K)

the truth is user learns about stars and galaxy from tumblr and his main contribution is correcting people about using gendered pronouns of names of the planets

Yes I'm sure if Ptolemy was around today he would be at the forefront of new astronomical discoveries without the ability to use a telescope.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theoretical_astronomy

>computer science is using computers
The absolute state of neo-Jow Forums

>unprepared for automation challenge
all india is good for is QA, because no one except interns will mindlessly report the same task over and and again. but with new automation frameworks, those 0 skill qa jobs are going and kids in the US are learning to program automated tests for UI.

Ok, which leading computer scientist today does not use computers? Surely you can give at least one example.

Ptolemy also thought the earth was the center of the universe

>the new observer
mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-new-observer/

What is Jow Forums's experience with your Indian coworkers or companies with employed Indians?

Personally I don't have much experience with Indians. However one of the programming teachers at my school is Indian and he seems to know his stuff.

None of them, since most of humanity in the $CURRENT_YEAR use computers - the corollary of which, by your logic, is that nearly every human being nowadays is a computer scientist.

>you have to use computers to be a computer scientist
>that means everyone who uses computers are computer scientists
Does that also mean that everyone who breathes air is a Nazi since all the Nazis breathed air? Nice logic you have there. If you can't program you have no business in computer science.

No, he didn't. He believed the Earth was the center of the solar system. Everybody did until very recently thanks to something called line of sight parallax, you doofus. It's not something obvious that the Earth is actually moving.

>you have to use computers to be a computer scientist
So Alan Turing must've not been a computer scientist?
>If you can't program you have no business in computer science
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theoretical_computer_science

What exactly is basic programming?
I don't know anymore

>reducing an actual branch of mathematics to menial bit twiddling work
Programming has nothing to do with computer science, you idiots.
Computer science is about proving theorems about computability.

Overall they are terrible, however not universally so. I worked with some Indian software developers who knew their stuff.
That said, the 95% claim in the OP does not surprise me.

Yes back in the day they didn't have formal programs because computers did not exist. If he were to publish his works today they would not be taken seriously without an accompanying implementation.

Computability is one branch of computer science, and a pretty much dead branch since most of has already been resolved.

>If he were to publish his works today they would not be taken seriously without an accompanying implementation.
So nobody takes Shor's algorithm seriously, I suppose...
>Computability is pretty much dead since most of has [sic] already been resolved
Nigga, there's a massive gaping hole in it called the P versus NP problem. You're obviously an ignoramus who hasn't even the remotest idea of what you're talking about.

Fizz Buzz

>P versus NP problem
That is not a problem in computability. All problems in NP are computable. Goes to show what you know.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P_versus_NP_problem
>The P versus NP problem is a major unsolved problem in computer science.
Nice attempt at saving face there, but you got blasted literally in the very first sentence.

Where is the world "computability" on that page?

There's no way that many people fail at memebuzz, who would outsource any task to people who can't into %?

I've always hated P=NP. It's just a complex way of saying that things are hard to do.

>P vs NP
The P stands for Polynomial Time user... it doesn't mean it is uncomputable just that there is no polynomial time algorithm for the problem.

There may exist exponential time algorithm or a non-linear time algorithm for it.

You should read up on Falcon's hiring experience in the third world. Not doing fizzbuzz isn't even the problem - not understanding the first 3 pages of any programming textbook is the problem.

Computability isn't about something being computable or not, it's about some problem being efficiently computable, you brainlets.
>inb4 durr I dunno what "efficiently" means *drools*

Faclon is retarded because he's interviewing literally anyone off the street with no qualifications that wants a quick paycheck. It would be foolish to assume that an average idiot in the third world shithole would know how to do FizzBuzz.

>What is Jow Forums's experience with your Indian coworkers or companies with employed Indians?
Jow Forums doesn't have work experience or coworkers

their occupation is pretending to have things to do

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computability_theory
>Computability theory, also known as recursion theory, is a branch of mathematical logic, of computer science, and of the theory of computation that originated in the 1930s with the study of computable functions and Turing degrees. The field has since expanded to include the study of generalized computability and definability. In these areas, recursion theory overlaps with proof theory and effective descriptive set theory.
Literally being this fucking retarded.

So if you make a job advert for a programming, specify you want programming skills, and then interview people who say they have programming skills in their resumes, that's doing it wrong?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computability
>Computability is the ability to solve a problem in an effective manner.
>EFFECTIVE MANNER
Better luck next time, kid.

That dude is interviewing random Malays and no one considers that country a tech giant.

ITT: The battle of the Wikipedia articles.

Do you not know what "effective" means? Hint: it's not the same as "efficient". Where do see any mention of P or NP or algorithmic complexity on that page you inbred turd?

How does this prove computer science is about programming? If anything, it just evidences that it's a branch of mathematics and that it's therefore a formal science. You just shot your original point right in the fucking foot.

That is literally one branch of computer science that barely anyone works on today. Go find me a professor at any legitimate university's CS department that does not know how to program.

It first has to be solvable which NP problems are.

The whole "efficiency" is not about how quickly it can be solved but the class of algorithm required to solve it.

The most efficient algorithms for NP-hard problems are all exponential or higher this does not make them uncomputable it just means they belong to a different class of problems.

How old are you user? You seem young and in the stage where you think quoting Wikipedia make you an expert in the field.

If I make a job advert for a doctor, paying $10,000 a year in U.S, do you think I'm going to get applications that are actual doctors?

>trusting leftist/SJW/ANTIFA/communist fact """checkers"""
you're retarded, right?

>Do you not know what "effective" means? Hint: it's not the same as "efficient".
This is the nitpickiest fucking damage control I've ever seen in this manchurian tofu curdling imageboard. You're clearly desperately grasping at straws at this point.

Attached: I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Where in that article does it mention P vs NP or anything about algorithmic complexity? If it's so important it should be there since it mentions a bunch of other topics. You're just dumb first year CS major under the DK effect thinking you know anything about this field.

Literally a false equivalence. The guy was hiring in Malaysia, and was offering wages that were decent for malaysia, even for tech workers. I know you want to hate him because he has a name here, but he wasn't looking for a doctor. He was looking for someone who knew how to bandage a wound and deliver CPR.

No he's not. Even low tier outsourcing firms pay 5x what he was offering.

In Malaysia?

And american engineers are supposed to be better, right? It's not like American higher education hasn't become a trillion dollar diploma mill business.

They've atleast had computers for longer

What exactly do they mean by "basic programming"? Anyone with enough cs knowledge could learn languages like c in a matter of weeks.

Computability is different than computational complexity, user is correct. Source: my professor

All the people who fail these job interviews are clearly not educated. They are self taught programmers and think this is fine because programming is easy as long as you copy paste something together to make a project.
Maybe tweaking a value when needed.
Modulus is not a feature you would know about if you didn't study the features of the language or how computers work.
Even something like integers is not part of what people are commonly taught in math.
So modulus is not a feature on the radar for a lot of people.
There is even a chance that someone who has been programming for years have never used the modulus operator.

Just because it is theoretical doesn't mean they don't program at all.

Everything is computable in infinite time. The question is if it's solvable in finite time. Idiot.

Pajeets don't even have reading comprehension and most of them uses text-speak in formal communication. Hence the requirement for "basic" programming skills, which is searching Google for your problem and copy-pasting the answer from StackOverflow.

>Everything is computable in infinite time. The question is if it's solvable in finite time. Idiot.
????

Computational complexity 101

95% is very generous. FizzBuzz says 99.5%.

Attached: AllTheAnswers.png (2752x4342, 742K)

according to tradingeconomics.com/malaysia/minimum-wages
Jobs in manufacturing pay between 2391.00 and 3568.00 of their money per month.
xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1000&From=MYR&To=USD
claims their money is 1/4th of USD.
3568*12 = 42816 / year = 10704 USD/year.
I don't know what falcon offered, but 10k/year doesn't seem bad considering the country.
Lets use some simple numbers and say the same job would pay $50k in the US, the doctor would be paid $200k and the engineer would be paid $100k.
Offering $20k would be the equivalent to a well paid engineer and you could probably provide less if you sought a student or something.

all of them

programming isn't something you learn in school. It's something you make a life out of and a hobby out of. if you enjoy it you learn it and you learn it well and you do a good job at it.

the guppies who force it into their brain via school and school only thinking they """code""" are no better than kloss

Completely wrong. I studied CS for the money and never program outside work hours and do just fine.

>controlled media
lol do you have a trustworthy source?

but they are controlled.

youtube.com/watch?v=GME5nq_oSR4

this is a prime candidate of a pathetic, shitty coder
nothing about the work you do nor will ever do is impressive or useful. you're just another monkey like any pajeet

hey he showed up
scroll up, we're discussing your country's talent pool

I am a well paid monkey that will retire before being 30.

>Million year old Hindu mythology literally depicts everything correct about the solar system.
>Europeans still think they're the discoverers of the world.
When will Europe (especially Great Britain) pull itself out of it's still ass.

Postan a copypasta from Jow Forums

I am an indian, i live in india, i know how indian colleges work. In fact i am a college student too.
Our college education is so poor you would never hire another indian if you actually knew. The average CS course is 4 years long, just like about everywhere else. First year is just basic engineering, all that stuff that's mostly unrelated to your actual field, but i guess is still helpful to know. Now the problem is, indian education is very much like that of the koreans', its entirely rote memorization based with no focus on critical thinking, it does not matter if you do not understand a single word of what you have 'learned', because learning here is basically being able to reproduce the text in the exams letter to letter. I have seen students, rote-memorizing entire maths problems, problems which are meant to be understood and then solved in real time, these fucks rote memorize these problems. I have seen students rote-memorizing entire C/C++ programs so that they can reproduce them in the exams, i dont mean the syntax either, i mean the WHOLE fucking program character to character, without understanding anything. They'll have trouble writing anything more complex than fucking hello world on their own.
The other major problem is, our indian education is extremely book centric, it does not have any place for practical knowledge. This means someone who can rote-memorize programs and write them in the exam sheet (programs which are not devised by the students, but written on the whiteboard by the professors and then copied straight into the notebooks by the students) is considered far more intelligent than someone who can actually think up on a problem and write his own solution. Numerous time i have been failed in college examinations because i did not write the answer in the examinations what the professor expected.

these jobs pay the bills and they're much nicer than manual labor

Cont
Once i was not awarded any marks for a particular answer because i used a 'for' loop, in the question
>"write a program to add n numbers using looping statement"
The professor taught the answer was meant to be done with a 'while' loop, so too bad a 'for' loop is not a valid answer. I lost count of how many times i was failed for writing the correct algorithm in the algorithms exam but using different variable names than the professor taught.

The next major problem with indian college education is that the students are not interested. This roots down to the culture i guess. Children are babied by their parents for the longest time, a person is not considered mature until they are atleast 21 or 22 years of age. All our decisions are made by our parents, we cannot go out without our parents wishes, we cannot choose a discipline to study without our parents wishes, hell, we can't even talk to girls without our parent's wishes. Most people in india are forced into STEM by their parents; yes, your indian colleague probably had 0 interest in engineering or medicine, he was forced into it by his family because having a child in STEM is a much bigger social-penis than having your child in arts. Its all about the social-penis factor. There are very few if any students in india who are in STEM because they actually want to be there, they're there because their parents want them there.

Our college syllabus is also very fucking old. It was last revised in the 90s i think, so instead of learning about newer state-of-the-art developments in tech, we are learning about 8083s, we use TurboC++ for our C and C++ programming needs. Debugging is not considered important enough to be taught or even mentioned, if needed a printf statement in the middle of the program is enough debugging. Java 1.x is taught using notepads for actual programming and eclipse 3.2 for compiling the program

Cont
Its the same all over India in colleges, the same story everywhere, no exception, except maybe the top colleges.

Theses are also not written by the students, nor are the projects made by them. An average final year student pays a company to make his projects for him, the company then writes his thesis too. The student simply presents the project, submits the thesis and walks away home happy with 0 guilt because that IS what everyone is doing. There is a whole industry indulging in making the student's projects for them. You pay them, they make a project for you. Some of these companies don't even ask you what you want to be done, they just shit out a random project and the student doesn't care either.

So you might ask, "how are Indians able to work at all?". Its because everyone knows the atrocious quality of Indian college grads, fresh out of the college they're fucking unworkable. Many can't even program in a single language without atrocious syntax errors (which they 9/10 times cannot work out on their own, even with the IDEs help). Most have no idea what indentation is. Almost every major company in India, has a training program for new hires that spans over 2 to 3 months, which teaches them basic skills they will be needing to actually work in the industry. These companies teach them basic soft skills too because these so called college grads have no idea about writing a simple formal email without making grammatical mistakes, or eating out on a formal dinner with colleagues because nobody in India considers these things worth learning (even subconsicously). But the quality is still poor, you simply cannot condense the knowledge and experience that must be obtained in 4 years into 3 months, its unthinkable.

Nice fanfic, 9/10 would read again.

>Modulus is not a feature you would know about if you didn't study the features of the language or how computers work.
You don't need Modulus for fizzbuzz.
If you can't solve fizzbuzz without modulus you can't actually program - only repeat solutions you already saw.

Also, I learned about modulus when I taught myself.

Its all true
I'm a pajeet myself
Can confirm

Scientific evidence that pajeets can't do the needful.
Now open bob.

Don't worry they will still let in the west.

donald knuth, not really relevant anymore but TAOCP is still "relevant"
>creates a fictitious assembly language and corresponding machine code to illustrate data structures and algorithms in CS

He wrote TeX I think he used a computer.

> that source
Oh boy

You idiots get so triggered by one word you try to defend the indefensible. Take your hypothesis that computer science isn't focused on teaching programming, does that main that you wouldn't expect some going through said degree to actually learn programming anyway? To test their ideas, to put theory to practice, to prove they weren't wasting their time.

wow. just wow.

Poojeet detected

I'd say most people and most industrial interest in CS is purely in programming, actual academic interest CS is relatively rare

>Aspiring Minds, Founded in 2008 by Himanshu Aggarwal and Varun Aggarwal is the world leader in hiring test.Taken by 2 million candidates every year and used by 3500+ companies worldwide.

I hope you retards aren't taking this shit seriously. It's literally just pajeets trying to outjew other pajeets because they think their pajeets are the best.

Attached: 1493705715661.gif (300x300, 2M)

Worthless shitskins.

yeah man. superpower 2020 right

>What percentage of US CS grads can't program?
Probably about 80%. Slightly better than India.

Anyone who has dealt with indian students know they are tied with chinese for the biggest cheats on exams. No surprise they can't do anything their degree they cheated to get says they can do.

So do pajeets know real CS? How come virtually all of the ones that can code get shoved into code monkeying?

>two days to write a Python derivative of "Hello World"

What are the vast majority of these Indian CS grads doing if not writing any code?

Yeah it directly contradicts all my professional experience with Indians, where they have been upstanding and intelligent workers, capable of writing logical and efficient code.

/s

Pajeets pajeeting pajeets.