Söyoverflow

stackoverflow.blog/2018/04/26/stack-overflow-isnt-very-welcoming-its-time-for-that-to-change/?cb=1
>Let’s start with the painful truth:

>Too many people experience Stack Overflow1 as a hostile or elitist place, especially newer coders, women, people of color, and others in marginalized groups.

>Our employees and community have cared about this for a long time, but we’ve struggled to talk about it publicly or to sufficiently prioritize it in recent years. And results matter more than intentions.
>Those of us who have privilege, but care deeply about reducing bias should be uniquely positioned to help, but we struggle the hardest to recognize that we are (unintentionally) biased ourselves.2 As it happens, making people feel left out is a deep personal fear of mine.
> I’d like us to aim for something closer to what Jon Skeet told me about his experience attending a pride parade (as a cis straight dude): “I wasn’t just tolerated; I was made to feel like the community was actually better because I was there.”

Attached: 1523127861968.jpg (387x437, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-vQ5h8iWa0Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>inb4 faggots whining about Jow Forums
Anyways, it boggles my mind how people like this are allowed to make policy for tech companies. Clearly they don't have any actual technical knowledge or ability to understand anything more complex than their victim complexes. Fucking fire them.

How can anyone tell from code that it was written by a nignog, wymyn, gay or lgbtwtfbbq? Why is it relevant.

>fire them
ain't happening

I'd even say that the opposite will happen A LOT in the future. these people will be getting hired in droves. so if you ever get unemployed don't worry and just apply for this shit

OP is just a Jow Forumstard.

lmao? these are words from their actual blog as you can see from their link. what has Jow Forums got anything to do with it

>just apply for this shit
Can't, I'm a straight white man

>straight white man
two of those three things can be changed if you know what I mean

Translation: we need more users, preferably ones too dumb to use an adblocker

apparently discouraging people to ask the same dumb questions 20 times hurts their minority feelings

>made this thread to provoke Jow Forumstardism
>not Jow Forumstard
pls leave

>need more users

you do know that SO has a wikia-type network with custom sites for people like marvel movie discussion and "pajeet learns english"

Only one really can, and it's the last one.

I don't use pol, but if I did I would be thanking you for letting it stay inside your head rent free

>you do know that SO has a wikia-type network with custom sites for people like marvel movie discussion and "pajeet learns english"

Attached: puke girl.webm (480x600, 1022K)

then why there's a poster named Anonymous on Jow Forums?
go back there

you sound pretty butthurt

I agree that stack overflow is filled with assholes who avoid answering the question you specifically ask.
"how do I implement an algorithm for polynomial long division in this specific situation"
"lol just do it with synthetic division"
I don't want to fucking use synthetic division you cunt, fuck you.
but all the sjw crap can suck it, people being assholes about this kinda shit affects everyone

Gets an answer from somebody probably smarter than you, ignores it ... sounds like a you problem

fuck you asshole, I don't want or need complex numbers in my project. It's like asking someone where the nearest bus stop is, and they tell you you should take a plane. I don't want to take a fucking plane, I just need to know where to get the fucking bus.

Do your homework on your own you cheating Pajeet.

If you know the answer already why don't you just implement it ? SO isn't for having somebody else design your project (unless your on SE or code review) its about helping fix broken code, why don't you just fucking read about it ?

I like when they answer questions by making it seem way more complex than what it really is to compensate for their egos. SO is garbage and mostly for people who wank it to their inferior complex

I fucking did you homo. I'll admit that useless assholes on shitoverflow force you to get shit done at least.

>How can anyone tell from code that it was written by a nignog, wymyn, gay or lgbtwtfbbq
Because it is bad.

they also downvote/lock questions over the stupidest shit

what is the point of making a Q&A type website if you don't want questions, just make a wiki instead

this desu

one time really long ago I asked my first question there about ways to use language X on platform Y for task Z and instead of redirecting me to an already functional open source project for that, a bunch of pajeets and euros started harping about "BUT DERE ARE A LOT OF DEMERITZZ TO YOUR APPROACH" and "you should try default bullshit way D instead"

I never went back to that site

But how do you know if someone is a women or gay on SO? I just went there and searched trough several profiles and couldn't find any indication of sex, sexual preference or ethnicity. For my years as a developer I have never paid any attention to even the usernames of people there and have never witnessed someone being hostile to someone because they are gay or a women.

>tfw someone """corrects""" your answer on SO to be more politically correct

Attached: 1522126056812.jpg (2203x2937, 581K)

I use stackoverflow on a regular basis to look up how to do x in language y if if I'm not that good in said language yet, or i just messed up the syntax and i can't figure out where exactly. Never in my entire life have I seen a post that talks in a bad way about women, or other groups on that site (especially not in the area where it's only about code). What the fuck are people like that smoking, seriously.

After reading this article I noticed that it's mostly NOT about women or other groups, it's simply about shitty behaviour on the website in general, downvoting without saying why or sarcastic comments to a genuine question. This has nothing to do with being a woman or not. The author just used the title to make the reader more receptive to his message. Seems like a dick move.

go back to Jow Forums

this

>EVP of "Culture and Experience"
his wife's son would be proud

Attached: HU9rk.jpg (400x400, 15K)

This garbage onions meme isn't Jow Forums. It's pure reddit.

onions

How can anyone tell from code that it was written by a wymyn
Easy, if the code has 20 lines of comments for a buggy implementation of a trivial task, it's probably written by a woman.

>Blue haired womyn walks into interview room
>Resume says "significant experience in kernel development"
>She proudly shows you 3 commits to a forked linux repo
>all of them say "fixed ablest language"

What does this have to do with people of color AAAAAHHHHHH

cuz self-discipline is raycyst

yos

>But how do we really know that too many developers experience Stack Overflow as an unwelcoming or hostile place? Well, the nice thing about problems that relate to how people feel is that finding the truth is easy. Feelings have no “technically correct.”
Muh code fee fees

onions

just tell him that you are a black trans womyn and you feel like he should give you money because he has so many privileges you don't.

>"urgh this question has been answered 100 times just google it"
>t. top google result for said question

Attached: image_2.jpg (519x374, 37K)

You know how Dark Souls has a (comapred to other games) tough boss right at the start, and if you can't beat it you don't get to play the rest of the game. A sort of statement of 'this is the minimum skill required for you to play the rest of the game'.

I feel every field should work like that. Someone getting into programming should be competent enough to teach themselves how all of the basic tools work before asking questions, or they'll just never be cut out for it.

You could even call coding the Dark Souls of professions

Its Jow Forums, has been for about a year or so now. quit falseflagging and go back

well, most Jow Forums users are or were t_d redditors, so... eh?

As a white supremacist I agree with this motion. It's pretty clear that without our help brownies and women will never accomplish anything. We need to find ways to handicap white males because if we don't, it's certain that they will lead and dominate everything. They would probably dominate the entire world if we left everyone to their own devices. I'm glad we have race realists in charge of these institutions that are willing to take the absolute superiority of whites into consideration when they make administrative decisions like this.

Attached: kkk.jpg (299x168, 6K)

Jow Forums = reddit? I can get behind that

>has never been to Jow Forums
it isn't 2016 anymore old man it isn't cool to like Trump anymore

Don't worry, they'll let you know.

>another episode of "lets lower our standards to accommodate people from less intelligent groups"

I'll only be disappointed if this doesn't hurt them financially. I hope all these minorities and women fleece this company for all it's worth and the users revolt. yassss queeen get it

t. NEETsoc

Attached: cantwell.png (500x281, 259K)

wtf is this even supposed to be?

completely over his head

Arch-NEETsoc Christopher Cantwell was a libertarian lolcow long before he was a fascist lolcow. Colbert made fun of him on Comedy Central a few years ago for harassing meter maids.

youtube.com/watch?v=-vQ5h8iWa0Q

Now he's busy doxing right wingers who criticize him or think Hitler wasn't the best human being ever to exist (when he isn't showing off his gun collection for Vice hit pieces, crying on camera, or snitching to the FBI)

>Dark haired pajeetskin womyn walks into interview room
>Resume says "significant experience in kernel development"
>She proudly shows you 3000 commits to the originaru linux kernel
>all of them say "make X const"

Attached: pajeetlinuxdevelopment.jpg (1340x1226, 346K)

Kode w/ Karlie Kloss

all you programming nerds should be happy stackoverflow is going down the drain
having all possible programming problems neatly lay down with their solutions lowers the barrier to access of the profession and encourages people to work for free (answering questions) just for recognition

>lowers the barrier to access of the profession
Why would I be bothered by this, I'm not a web developer.

smaller paycheck

So what you are saying is dont ask questions?

ayo ayo gee

I black pipo postin from mah fon

How do i unlok it fawgot de password

Attached: 1524624393224.jpg (434x630, 33K)

>I wasn’t just tolerated; I was made to feel like the community was actually better because I was there.
>made to feel like
are they self aware