Facebook officially stops using real gun emojis...

Facebook officially stops using real gun emojis. All major American internet companies have officially embraced cuckery and thought control

blog.emojipedia.org/all-major-vendors-commit-to-gun-redesign/

What are they trying to achieve?

Attached: id46738813_google-pistol-emojis-emojipedia-2012-2018-updated-microsoft-facebook-1.jpg (2117x1500, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unicode.org/pending/proposals.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>muh guns

>Apple fucks up something for god knows why
>everyone follows
it's just the way life is

How is this thought control. Wtf are you talking about

And that's a good thing.

>m-muh pixel guuunz
>facebook
why should I care nufaggot?

>All major American internet companies have officially embraced cuckery and thought control
...and it's beautiful!

But those toy guns were brought by Microsoft, not Apple.

that you use emojis is embarrassing

>only Samsung's emoji depicts a weapon, albeit a laser gun not a pistol
>Samsung is the only company based in a jurisdiction where civilian gun ownership is illegal among the six

Don't worry guys, Discord hasn't changed their gun emoji. Are they now officially our messaging software?

they're also near the absolute bottom of the list for both gun ownership and gun violence per capita hmm

will change as soon as they pull the next version of twitter emoji.

They're already so far behind in doing so

Why are companies making their own renditions? Why isn't it standarized so the emojis appear the same on every device and system?

Attached: 200w[1].gif (200x200, 128K)

more important i just wish it were possible to change them. an entire emoji set must be like 5kb why can't i have my google blobs goddamn

Why are companies making their own graphical user interfaces? Why isn't it standarized so everything looks the same on every device and system?

You can change Emojis though, unless you're a brainlet or use iOS

Different emojis = fonts
Forcing everyone to use the same emojis would be like forcing everyone to use the same system font.

What is this newspeak bullshit?

>or use iOS
:\

That also has to do with the fact that in S. Korea, policing is a national government responsibility, not municipal responsibility like in the U.S. S. Korea has some of the world's highest crime solve rate across all categories of crime.

Because policing is a national responsibility, they don't have rinky-dink police departments in shit towns that do fuck all do actually solve crimes but get territorial if FBI or the state police tries to help. They also don't have good-old-boy hiring system where incompetent people are hired as police officers because they're town councillor's cousin's retarded son or some shit like that.

>Why doesn't every font look the same?

>gun violence
A stupid meme and a completely useless metric.

>Gun violence
>A meme

lmaoing at your life

do you need to be retarded to be a gun or does it happen after you become one?

on iOS there's bytafont so you could change them as well

Interesting, newer knew that

My country is near the top for gun ownership and near the bottom for crime, because we're not fucking retards.
t. snow

the thing is i honestly wouldn't have a problem with conservatives making the argument that the 2nd amendment & the freedom/right to own guns are important enough concepts that our laws are worth the resulting loss of life.

but this argument isn't ever made. It's always just amazingly obvious mental gymnastics of disregarding obvious facts like more gun ownership leads to more gun death and throwing away the immense amount of the data from other, saner country's policies

i guess it's not as marketable to say 'yeah people will die but its worth it' because honestly you and the rest of them can't honestly believe what you're trying to sell

good

Most retarded post in the thread,and that's saying something considering all the posts trying to justify this newspeak and shame those who don't like someone else thinking for them.

>comparing fonts to UI

emojis are just webdings on steroids, no one makes times new roman thei own way

Microsoft should've stuck with that lazergun, it looks cool

isn't SK like 98% korean?

>t. i have no idea what i'm talking about

> emojis are just webdings on steroids, no one makes times new roman thei own way

Times new Roman and Webdings are both typefaces made by a private company so they get to decide how the glyphs look. Unicode standardises WHICH glyphs they should design but doesn't give a shit what they look like.
The Unicode Consortium also standardises Emoji, and again, doesn't give a fuck what they look like. It's up to whoever implements them.

Emojis are supposed to be a method of communication, meaning they should carry similar meanings among different platforms. When everyone has "handgun" and somebody decides to display "laser gun", he puts his users at risk of miscommunication. Is somebody posts a news article about a school shooting and uses the gun emoji on one platform, a laser gun isn't an appropriate representation of said emoji in said context. "I bought a new gun to defend my family" coupled with a gun emoji would show on some devices as a blunderbuss. So certain alignment is required, and you can see that with Microsoft and Google aligning with everyone's revolver design.
Then Apple decided to go full retard and replace the revolver with a water gun. Now you have iPhone users chatting about water fights and using the water gun emoji because they don't know it is supposed to be a revolver on any other platform and device. And now you have miscommunication on a relatively grand scale, since Amerimutts are knee deep in iPhones and these companies are mostly American. So everyone follows Apple's stupid art direction to avoid miscommunications between users on different platforms.

Don't get me wrong, it's dumb to care about emoji shit but this is pretty fucking retarded. It seems as it it is the first step in attempting Orwellian thought control by restricting what you are able to express through text. I think this emoji shit is just a fad anyways so it's really not a big deal, but it's kind of fucked up that companies are trying to do this

Attached: 1525010880972.png (1920x1200, 3.89M)

if only there was some sort of alphabetic system to represent ideas with

DON'T PUT THE THINKY IN THEIR BRAIN! WE DON'T WANT THE THINKIES TO ESCAPE!

Who would use an emoji in an article talking about a school shooting?

Americans

>using cancer hieroglyphics whatsoever

>useless emoticon now 20% more useless

they are more expressive so the smileys are ok but the rest is pure cancer

>What are they trying to achieve?
They are trying to prevent mass shootings. Not even kidding.

You know, I realize AR-15 is actually a mediocre gun, but I wonder, could you somehow get it into Unicode for the lulz?

Attached: AR-15_Sporter_SP1_Carbine.jpg (1200x482, 114K)

>censoring an emoji will stop school shootings
Why are Americans so fucking stupid?

/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿

I'm liking that Facebook 2017 update boys. Nice to see a fuckup, (((message))) to "improve the graphic" evidently didn't entirely get down the chain the first time.

/our botnet/

burgers were a mistake

MS had cool lazer guns, sad that this is what is happening

>Google 2013
>pimp sawed off
Just wanted to point that out

Anyone else not running any cück software?

Attached: Screenshot_20180430-103904.png (720x1280, 115K)

Don't you have better things to be worrying about?

Attached: op.jpg (900x1570, 208K)

outrage signaling is very important

>tfw no retro ray gun
Not fair

Attached: Ugh-Lee.jpg (720x898, 94K)

If you care about what the gun emoji looks like you're fucking retarded.
If you care enough about it to change it from a cartoony revolver to a cartoony laser/water-gun you're retarded.
If you are upset they changed it from a cartoony revolver to a cartoony laser/water-gun you're retarded.

Yah

I thought Burgers loved guns?
What happened?

Attached: 1510031286262.jpg (1080x1080, 774K)

I hope you're joking.

>a laser gun
Nope, it's also a water gun. Look closer.

Emojis are for girls.
Who gives a fuck?

>Emojis are for girls.
He said on an imageboard. Emojis are Nips' and normalfags' reaction images, mate.

nice meme

Stock Android 8.1 here (Essential Phone). I still have real guns.

Attached: Screenshot_20180430-062344.png (1312x2560, 313K)

Reaction images are even worse.
I wouldn't even put a J at the end of a sentence.

I am not saying that reaction images are good (they're sometimes clever, but it would be better if they were used 100x more rarely), I am just saying that it's obvious why people use them a lot, both guys and girls.
>I wouldn't even put a J at the end of a sentence.
What? You probably got fucked by the Unicode filter there.

No. J is a happy face in outlook.

Most burgers that love guns love them for self defense, not shitposting with emojis. So who the fuck cares what the fucking emoji is, changing it isn't going save people from violent crimes with firearms and anybody that thinks an emoji will is retarded.

Hell, moreso it is a safety feature for retarded kids on twitter. Now if some dumbass includes a gun emoji in a tweet nobody is going to think they are threatening to shoot up a school with a revolver but instead are just talking about a water gun fight

Industrie gets Borg'd by libtards, nothing more, nothing less.

This has nothing to do with tech, go back to Jow Forums

What was wrong with the science fiction ray gun because it looked cooler than yet another revolver which all the others were doing

Attached: what.png (985x549, 436K)

Gun deaths are mostly gun suicides. Gun ownership is not correlated with gun homicides.

Attached: fqXkN2V_d.jpg (597x441, 20K)

But there is something else correlated with it.

Attached: qAhRezP_d.jpg (597x441, 21K)

>What are they trying to achieve?
Infantilization of society

It's the gun with acid inside.
Modern emoji for modern day attacks.

>plastic gun
>acid

Razer phone with 8.1 has guns

Attached: Screenshot_20180430-064527.png (1440x2560, 254K)

I think we need more diverse gun emojis, with at least 10 or 20 new emojis for popular firearms and weapons.

A base line-up should include

Black powder pistol
Colt SSA revolver
Modern revolver (maybe a subnose)
Plastic fantastic handgun (like a Glock)
1911 or Browning HP, something metal and classy looking
IPSC type racegun with optics, compensator, etc
Modern AR-15/M16
M16A1 with triangular handguard
AK47
Wood hunting/sniper rifle
Polymer sniper rifle
Musket
Pump action shotgun
Over-and-under shotgun
Side-by-side shotgun
Tacticool magazine feed shotgun
RPG-7
M79 Grenade lancher
M4 explosive charge

Also an assortment of bows, crossbows, swords, knives, bullets, sights, etc etc.

unicode.org/pending/proposals.html

Because everyone with power knows how much better for them it would be to rule over the defenseless.

I fucking hate the samsung emojis, they are so retarded since they have this korean style into them.

Attached: grimace-emoji-840x298.jpg (840x298, 30K)

>unless you're a brainlet or use iOS
tautology

That actually looks like the fungy from Cowboy Bebop.

back to Jow Forums with you..

Attached: guns.jpg (800x708, 24K)

Attached: and_the_beat_goes_on.jpg (1026x1200, 77K)

>gun deaths
Most are suicide not criminal activity
And the ones that are due to crime have a certain demographic background

Attached: t6rkPtU.png (597x441, 24K)

Don't leftards usually support euthanasia, arseisted suicide, choice, and the such?

>200 deaths from all mass shootings
JFC that's almost as many people who have died from bee stings the last couple years. Ban 'em, ban all the guns right now!!!

Attached: 6mqcxpezvpn01.png (1000x320, 310K)

See:

Attached: all_day_err_day.jpg (920x1516, 155K)

You realize "gun related deaths" includes suicide, which is a massive portion of that number?

Fake data. A "mass shooting" in this chart doesn't have to even be actual deaths (contrary to the real definition), just someone grazed by a bullet. Most of that chart is gang banger drive-bys in Chiraq.

>200 deaths from all mass shootings

No, it's 200 from the 12 largest shootings alone.

Attached: mass_shootings_since_2013.png (1200x630, 586K)

Fake data. Those aren't real mass shootings.

I'm surprised that number isn't higher with all the retarded niggers in places like Detroit.

When are we going to ban assault knives??

Attached: pJpIz4o.png (597x441, 39K)

Tactical fists are a menace to society

I'd never heard any of this before, this is shocking. Are people so cynical in their talking points they'll just transparently lie?

I was legitimately under the impression that there was some epidemic of violent gun attacks in America (apart from the expected shootings in the ghetto)

>burgers are responsible for world bageltry.

... oh my god we actually are.

Attached: deus gevalt.jpg (500x500, 26K)

>your 12 y/o dauther gets shot..
>"Hahaha, it wasn't eve a real mass shooting!"

>fallacies, the post