Windows 10 vs _____

People that HAVE to use Windows: 10 or 8.1?

I just ordered a Thinkfag that comes with 10 and wondering if it's actually any better performance-wise.

JuSt UsE LiNuX iT iS fReE: I do audio work and rely heavily on a few dozen plugins, so my options are Mac OS or Windows and I'm sure as hell not going to use Mac OS.

Attached: windows-10.jpg (740x493, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
forum.oszone.net/thread-257198.html
download.wsusoffline.net/
www74.zippyshare.com/v/dSpULQGy/file.html
www105.zippyshare.com/v/BEpld0jK/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The system is GNU, not Linux. Linux is a kernel.

windows 8.1 if touchscreen, otherwise definitely windows 10.

Yeah but nobody actually cares.

>audio work
Recording or mixing?
Pretty sure you should not do any kind of raltime audio processing in any version of Windows. For post-processing pick the one with least driver issues.

Windows 10

It just works

autism

Both. Lighter on the recording, heavier on the mixing

>Pretty sure you should not do any kind of raltime audio processing in any version of Windows.

Yeah, that's complete and utter nonsense. I've been using Windows to record and mix for about 2 decades now.

Why not use macOS? It's
>UNIX
>Stable
>machines are supported for an eternity
>great for audio shit
>nice hardware

>>UNIX
So?
>>Stable
So is my Windows setup.
>>machines are supported for an eternity
I've worked with Macs before, this isn't even kind of true.
>>great for audio shit
So is my Windows setup.
>>nice hardware
I'm not buying Mac hardware. I bought a Thinkpad.

>GNU
vaporware

Windows 7

>microshaft windblows 10
Yeah, if you don't care about productivity, security, control over your pc, performance, consistent and pleasurable to look at design, it's pretty good.

Windows 7 or Server 2008R2

Attached: About Windows 7.png (490x428, 28K)

>wondering if it's actually any better performance-wise
>Yeah, if you don't care about performance

I mean, you're trying to make a point, but simultaneously proved you can't read so I'm choosing to not actually listen to you.

AFAIK Windows hasn’t had issues since moving to WASAPI in Vista.

8.1 has a better interface, but 10 is better underneath. Just try both.

Personally, I think that the new design in Windows 10 (Fluent Design) looks good, but it's not consistent in the whole OS.

I also do audio work, windows 10 is better than 8.1 imo. Windows 8.1 just seems like the beginnings of windows 10 but they didn't finish it.

In terms of audio work and audio in general
macOS>Windows>>>>>GNU/Linux
PulseAudio/ALSA is a mess. Not to mention the lack of hardware support, hence why I dualboot.

>new thinkpad
Just the easy undervolting alone will make win 10 worth it.

Neither. If you NEED same kernel level as 8.1 use 8.0.

>Windows 7
It's been a while. What's the best way to get win7 in 2018? I've been using 8.1, I miss 7, plus my GPU no longer gets driver updates on 8.1 but 7 has the latest

Windows 10 is fucking gr8 as an msp, have you friends played with microsoft365 yet?

if hdd 8.1, if ssd 10.

ISO:
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

Update:
forum.oszone.net/thread-257198.html
or
download.wsusoffline.net/

Activator:
www74.zippyshare.com/v/dSpULQGy/file.html
www105.zippyshare.com/v/BEpld0jK/file.html

Windows (DAZ) Loader: Home, ProRTM, Ultimate (MBR only)
Microsoft Toolkit: ProVL, Enterprise (MBR and GPT; activation needs to be redone every 180 days)

Attached: dr.png (1600x1120, 161K)

Enjoy your virus

dj here
>get manjaro
>get virtual box
>get win10 in virtual box
>get virtualbox extension for usb
>set up shared folder with virtual box
that way you wont need to worry about the tables drivers

Is there any way to get Ableton Live on Linux?

Attached: c9f6a58d77baaa0188778c1f0059d246.png (600x335, 15K)

I like 8.1 because 10 does so much retarded shit. At home i mainly use debian though but i have an 8.1 image for when i have to use exes (i dont like wine or any closed source software on my main pc). At work i use 10 and its a pain in the ass simple stuff such as clicking onto a different tab has some annoying think where you can only click certain areas, then theres the fuck when you have a lot of tabs open

Bitwig is the closest thing. Audio always gets fucked up in vms, wine, etc. I wonder why sound is always thr hardest thing to emulate / implement

If you must, then I assume 10 is preferable. 8 is also botnet but 10 doesn't pretend to be a tablet UI at least.

Retard.

y tho

You have that backwards m8

Once you add a start button windows 8.1 is better in every way. Of course i also disabled metro but you can just straight up not use it. Honestly metro is so poorly thought out

Ok I did some research and you can use Ableton Live with Wine. There are some issues, but it seems like some people can get it to work. Not sure about the best setup, most people seem to be using stuff like Ubuntu, Wine 1.5, PlayOnLinux and WineASIO.

>forced metro
>better interface
perform sudoku

Doesn't matter, of those are your only options, go get yourself a rope.

>People that HAVE to use Windows: 10 or 8.1?

>does audio work
>prefers Windows over Linux

What planet are you on again? The one where Windows doesn't consistently crash with real time processing and doesn't require a driver download for every *slightly* different piece of audio equipment?

Besides the Start menu and the Charms bar the 8.1 UI is better. It has less annoying shit and you can still do everything on the Control Panel. 10 looks like an unfinished mess with settings all over the place.

Again just use bitwig, or dualboot macos

Like just dont use metro

> install classic shell
> metro disappears

Attached: image.jpg (349x318, 114K)

>audio work
>GNU/Pottering
7. As stable as an OS goes.

Nobody ever uses WASAPI, mostly because it's shit.

Frankly, Macs are still better in the just werks audio department.
At least if you use the integrated soundcard, which is good enough if you're just doing electronic music.
In a studio with all the proper equipment and a good dedicated soundcard with good ASIO drivers (RME) I'd use Windows, though. Macs just can't compete there, at least until some new models come out.

I'm not sure doing this (installing Windows 7) on a new computer will work due to lack of driver support

whoever that is still using windows 10 instead of going back to win 7 is a redditor and should be deleted desu

I'm starting to see more producers use windows machines just because you can build something better and cheaper than what Apple offers.

Yeah, no. No software from my current Windows rig hasn't crashed in over 6 months. That's super great that you got Linux to record your japanime podcast in your mom's basement, but in the actual world I need at least Pro Tools, Ableton, Waves Mercury, and SoundToys just to deal with client's projects.