What's Jow Forums's opinion on laptop "protection"?

What's Jow Forums's opinion on laptop "protection"?
I'm talking wraps, skins, keyboard covers etc.
I personally find them better than stickers, they actually protect your machine from scratches and shit while at the same time satisfying your craving for being different because your dad didn't love you enough.

Attached: 44556798765.jpg (2063x1160, 248K)

Got one on my phone while also using a case so I can later sell it off easier.

Link to good Ideapad covers?

look up your model on ebay, good chance some chink seller has some for your machine.
They're usually like 20 bucks, pretty steep and I have no clue if they're worth it.

why

I thought about making one for my ThinkPad with some carbon fiber twill off AliExpress.

Its just a ton of work to line the twill up right, epoxy it flat, cut out the cut outs and glue it to the laptop.

Thats the only way i would skin my laptop though.

Attached: 15251078402391665307439.jpg (2160x2160, 2.12M)

Does the carbon cover feel good to the touch? I really like the feel of my T440 thinkpad but the carbon looks cooler.

why when there are premade wraps for most thinkpads anyway?
no clue, it's obviously not real carbon fiber so it probably just feels like smooth plastic.
What I want to know is if the adhesive with fuck up the rubber coating on the thinkpad

>why when there are premade wraps for most thinkpads anyway?
Purely novelty aka autism

It doesn't really bother me that there scratches on my laptop, so if I was going to put something on it I'd want some novelty associated with it.

Theres also colored kevlar carbon weaves that look cool as fuck(pic). But you're right it's pretty purposeless when there's vinyl that looks exactly the same and can be replaced

Attached: F-376-carbon-fiber-red-kevlar.jpg (700x525, 599K)

Jow Forums only likes the aesthetic of crusty old cum-stained thinkpads

I want one mainly to protect the lid and trackpad from wear and scratches.
I'm autistic about longevity

kek this

>carbon fiber wrap
>Gotta go fast!

why the fuck aren't there any silicone/plastic cases for the XPS 13? I've dropped mine multiple times now, and it's starting to get pretty beat up.

what fuckwit puts skin over the stickers instead of removing them.

take care of your shit you monkey

who buys a fucking ideapad.

>not using a decade old laptop with a screen so shitty you can literally make out individual pixels
>not having the CPU whine and scream in pain as you move the mouse cursor
>not being comforted by the buzzing you hear from the machine at night while it's suspended, knowing that the transsexual software you installed is keeping you safe and secure
Preach it thinkbro!!!!111!!1

carbon fiber looks cool though

sorry, I work in a very busy environment. a couple of the drops actually weren't even my fault. got any solutions, fucktard? or should I just buy a thinkpad?

Gay college kid shit. Honestly you come off as retarded if you need spill protection on your laptop. Unless you are a field technician working in a jungle yo have no excuse.

thinkpads don't survive drops like the memes make them out to
just get a padded carrying case

Wash your hands, don't spill stuff on it, and don't drop your computer.

You're a big boy now.

I actually have one, but obviously my laptop isn't always closed

im not poor i buy new modern thinkpads.

They only protect from cosmetic damage like sratches and wear so they are completely useless.

They wont protect from a drop or anything that really dangerous.

>muh laprop is scratched and ugly
Spray paint it is some cool color then faggot, nobody has a white laptop, let alone a blue or orange laptop.
Order some stencills and pimp it out with custom art.

That's so much gayer than a vinyl holy shit
Why are you so insecure user?