What to do with this POS?

What to do with this POS?

AMD Phenom II X940
8GiB of RAM
dunno what graphics card rn
i think 2x1TiB HDD + 1x128GiB SSD

Attached: IMG_5178.jpg (3000x3633, 583K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freenas.org/download-freenas-release/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sell
Or use as HTPC
Get a proper cooler
Undervolt

I ran similar before I could afford a proper HTPC

i dont even watch movies

Learn about different OSs, deploy 1 node kubernetes clusters (or get more pcs and do a proper cluster), get more hard drives and set up a ceph cluster.

Give it to a poor person

freenas.org/download-freenas-release/

NAS.

>What to do with this POS?
That doesn't look like a POS terminal

It's not even shitty, depending on the graphics card it might be good for light games.

do this user

Attached: ishtar.jpg (600x682, 129K)

Sell it.
Rip the SSD and one of the 1TBs out of it.
Sell the PC for $80. (unless you live in some third world country where it may be worth more)
Sell SSD for $30
Sell 1TB for $20 (can try for $30)

You probably want to part out the drives like this because they likely have more value alone than in that thing. (Though you can never say what someone out there may be willing to buy, I know I wouldn't be interested in paying more to soup up such an old machine with storage I wouldn't use and just a little SSD.

doubles of truth

server

this OP, you may want to pay forward for that other time a stranger helped you for nothing in return

You lack imagination OP.

wo wohnst du? ich nehme ihn gerne

Post on Jow Forums

Attached: screenFetch-2018-05-01_00-14-45.png (1680x1050, 689K)

keep it guy, in the future all computers will be linked to the hivemind and managed remotely. Your ancient computer will be needed to stop the machines from the matrix or terminator skynet.

You could have some girl say, I know this, this is a unix system etc.

Hätte auch gern noch so einen. Hab hier noch ein Phenom 975.

It's honestly not much worse then what I use on a daily basis

These guys are right, turn it into a storage machine

Hes German too, the main reason why I switched was the heavy 150 W idle draw of the Phenom. If he doesnt pay for electricity, go for it.

I'm poor, give it to me.

Craigslist or leave it on the corner with a take me sign

Wow, did I enter a time warp to 2007? 1680x1050, Athlon x2. Had a similar build back then. I think I updated to 1080p in like 2010. Good times.

I still use 1680x1050, I love my monitor.

i used to run shit like that - replaced with raspberry pi

Add HDDs, install a minimal Linux distribution with Samba, turn it on when you need to transfer files then off again. You don't need the SSD, use it for your more current desktop. Add more HDDs.

I have a Athlon II x3 with 4 GB DDR3 RAM from the same era as that Phenom II. It's got 6 HDDs in RAID6. I use it as you'd use an external drive, turn it on and it shows up on the network and then I copy some files and then I turn it off again. It's just connected to power and ethernet. You could probably use yours the same way.

Get an old Dx9/10 gpu like HD 4XXX or NV 9800GT (dirty cheap if not free), install XP or 98 if it don't crash due to multicpu, 30+gb HDD and mobo drivers, and use it for old games, that PII came with 3dNow! so they should look nice.