If a user can't install your software by double-clicking a single file then it's not ready for public use

If a user can't install your software by double-clicking a single file then it's not ready for public use.

Attached: 1522536729497.png (563x563, 310K)

People with triple digit IQs are members of the public, too.

I'd agree with you on this for most regular GUI apps.

Yeah, and they probably know that it's a waste of time for users to have to "look up" how to install software if they can instead of just clicking on it and letting it do all of the generic busywork. This lets our unnamed individual get back to doing their own work sooner.

Yeah unless its a dev tool its not hard to give them a precompiled version and an installer. I just made one the other day with innosetup and java with the fucking version of java it needs imbedded in it for bitchy dumb clients

A triple digit IQ is like one in a trillion people.

fuck off nigger your opinion is irrelevant in the real world.

To be honest I agree. especially in todays day and age,
to not just give a simple installation means you are not only a brainlet but fucking lazy as hell and do not belong in this industry

100 iq is dead average

Strongly agree. There's no excuse for half assing it.

Why is it dead tho?

Yeah, I wonder why every operating system with a dominant end-user marketshare has had this basic standard since the 90s?

You killed it

You're telling that to fizzbuzz NEETs who pretend they're more intelligent and capable than the most malnourished pajeet.

I agree
that's how it works for chrome; you just download a .deb package and double-click it

This is pretty much true.

>double click on exe
>welcome to the setup wizard
>already more than two clicks
>you agree with this software's TOS as well as X Y and Z
>want to get shit just done, don't want to read
>now there's other shit i don't want on my desktop
>antivirus starts screaming

>open software manager
>user friendly names, big icons, everything a normie would ever need
>click on icon, click install
>done

Name one(1) software that does this.

TIL no operating system in existence is ready for public use.

>open software manager
>autistm-friendly names, big icons
>programm not in list
>update repo, still not found
>adding non-free repos
>fuck you, maintainer ass-raped by niggers, use outdated *stable* version.

10 out of 1000 people get triple digits

>double-click on single file
>welcome to installation process
>average user installs and misses the tiny little checkbox for a seven years worth collection of malware and adware also being installed
Sometimes manual, like dead, is better.

>this is what the average winfag thinks
If you can't install it using a package manager then you're probably too dumb to use my software in the first place. Not gonna cater to normalfags with 2 digit IQs.

You can install Windows by inserting a USB stick.

140 iq here i like double clicking and default settings as the standard already clicked option

Good thing that GDebi exists, huh?

>iphones aren't ready for public use

gnome software centre

I agree.

How easy is it to make an installer? For my personal projects I have been writing a simple script that can be double-clicked.

Why would anyone with any integrity want to appeal to the general public?

Really easy