Is there any reason to trust American companies in 2018?

Is there any reason to trust American companies in 2018?

>American owns France.com with an American registrar (web.com) and has been using it as a site for people interested in France and French culture since 1994
>the French government wants the domain and demands it from the registrar
>they just fucking hand it to them
>now the guy is suing

Fucking dumbfuck Amerimutt company literally just handed over his domain to a foreign entity without even informing the owner. No court order, nothing. What kind of amateur shit company is this?
And now I've just checked france.com and it just redirects to the French government's france.fr website.

Attached: france.jpg (834x536, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

germany.com/
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7424606.stm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What does this have to do with American companies.
>inb4 the company is American
So what? That just means it's a bad company.

I don't understand why the French government don't use the domain france.gov or gov.fr. They're a government not a company

Especially now that I think about it, France is the English name and any French person would be searching Francais instead

What the fuck dude. You're retarded or what?

Attached: 22238B4D80454A198063401A53339AAA.jpg (740x737, 120K)

There's no reason to trust literally any company.

It would have been cheaper just to offer to buy it, shit man.

I could understand them wanting France.com for tourism and shit. And I can also understand that the original owner is Suing, and I wish him the Best.

You'd think they just say screw it and grab RépubliqueFrançaise.com or just Française.com

I'm just going to take the bait and be the one to tell you that the country is named "France" in French as well, albeit prefixed with the feminine article "la"...

T H I S
T
H
I
S

Seems like he has a good case.
Should get at least 100x what he was projected to earn from the site over his lifetime, right?

But France also has a good case for taking over the domain. France existed before the internet did, let alone before the man registered the domain. That's like owning a trademark, and trademark holders should have rights to their namesake as long as there aren't others with the same trademark in other fields.
It's not always reasonable for someone to own something so valuable just because they sniped it first, but they guy deserves A LOT in exchange for the domain.

.gov is American only

Governments should have power over little bitch petty corporations

>>inb4 the company is American

except you weren't inb4

Yeah in France it's 'gouv'
Ignorant retards

Attached: r73VJe3.gif (320x240, 1.32M)

What?

France doesn't really have a good case for seizing the domain. .com is an American top level domain, I know a lot of non-American companies have .com domains but America certainly has precident when it comes to them.
Problem is just that people guess most websites are .com so they wanted to catch the guessers too.

>France is the English name and any French person would be searching Francais instead
quoi le fuck?

Attached: 1472391570118.jpg (190x190, 45K)

100% the frogs tried to buy it first then went the strongarm route when the guy got greedy and held out.

Nissan dude already went through this shit. Should be ezpz.

germany.com/

lel

Attached: cats3.jpg (600x450, 36K)

>fifty million no low ballers i know what i got

>trusting American companies after 9/11

I like this.

>France is the English name and any French person would be searching Francais instead
Are you even trying ?

Attached: 1525082832211.png (645x773, 87K)

Is there anything France won't steal?

all your domains are belong to us

who the fuck types in a country's name in the address bar? You could name it dogshit.com and no one would notice

why did you capitalize random Words in this Stupid Post?

Because he copy/pasted them.

They are a private company, they can do whatever they want.

Attached: a1rZ8WjK1_480w_v1[1].jpg (480x436, 24K)

.com is for commercial
It has nothing to do with being american. There is .us for US specific domains.

odds the previous owner was a member of (((the tribe)))?

>France and French culture

so its an ancient history website?

Damn dude

Attached: 1501179978122.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

I don't understand why people are laughing at this guy. The French name for France is فرنسا.

germany.com
hungary.com

god bless you user

Attached: 1501837324919.gif (482x800, 29K)

According to the lawsuit, France "expressley discaimed the exclusive right to the word -France-" in Atout France's US Trademark Registration No. 4027580.

>But France also has a good case for taking over the domain. France existed before the internet did, let alone before the man registered the domain. That's like owning a trademark, and trademark holders should have rights to their namesake as long as there aren't others with the same trademark in other fields.
sorry, i meant to follow up to this post too ... the legal argument is, that France expressly gave up this right in a 2009 trademark filing.

actually.
that loops really good.

underrated post

serious autism

Is there any logical reason why you would fucking say that post is underrated? Has anybody expressed any kind of dissatisfaction or criticism at all against it? Are you delusional? Are you reading replies that are nonexistent? Maybe you come from communities with voting systems, but there is literally no way that you could know what other people think of that post you just replied to here. Maybe it's psychological. Maybe it's your own post you're replying to, like a 12 year old fucktard liking his own facebook posts thinking his swelling autism is going unnoticed. Maybe your self esteem depends on you tricking yourself into thinking someone out there thinks your post is worth something. Or maybe you are just a retard, the worst kind of retard, the one who thinks he's smart, the one who thinks he's the only one to have gotten the joke, to have understood the post. Well, guess what, faggot, that post is under no definition underrated so why don't you do the world a favor and go check out what the bottom of your toilet seat smells like?

It has to be your first day here if you still think that jokes like that are still funny.

Inb4 means in before. Meaning you are calling that someone will say it before it is said. In this case, OP already put it in his original post, so you were not inb4, you are just incapable of reading or ignoring that point.

even if hes wrong he brings up a good point of why the fuck do we rename countries instead of just calling them what natives call them in their language

so france is a company now not a cunt

>But France also has a good case for taking over the domain. France existed before the internet did, let alone before the man registered the domain.
no they don't have any good case
if anything they're should have france.fr or something like that
.com is obviously for commerce but i'm willing to bet france is not paying any taxes

> Send me an email to wh (at) germany.com, i will answer all emails :-), but i will NOT answer any phatasy-mails from gmail/hotmail/live/outlook ... i expect mails from you from Firstname.Lastname(at) company-name.de/com ... You see my Name so if you expect an answer i expect your name and address.
kek

>Poland is American now
the more you

A victory

ackchually Poland has by far the hardest boner for the US of all euro countries. Probably because the US is the only first world country that never tried to conquer them.

Is it pertinent to my example of other countries than US using .gov? Teach me your ways, senpai.

well you let your ho use your toilet but that doesn't mean it's a public one

Got me.

Because I wantto say China, not chin lin min din land.

because He is From Reddit

>domain squatting

nah fuck em

Why, because they have armed thugs at their disposal?

yeah
might is right

Wouldn't the site be the IP of the man in this case? Does web.com own the site or does the man?

I don't trust any government farther than I can throw the voting ballot. If you want protection, buy a gun and stop enabling the monmy state.

If you're actively using the site for something - as was the case here - it's not domain squatting. Domain squatting is if you are registering domains with the sole intent of re-selling them for profit. And don't put anything up other than offers to sell the domain.

Never seen this pasta before

carry a knife lose your life
carry a gun lose your life

underrated post

>Posting the bear again
Thank fuck.

Because of your inane government's regulatuons, I presume?

nissan.com

i hope he wins

based underrated poster

nani kore?
baka gaijin

awww kek

Attached: Seth_MacFarlane_(7607037626).jpg (1200x800, 150K)

What are you going on about? Neither poland.gov nor polska.gov resolve for me.

Are you confusing the "gov." TLD with the "gov.pl." domain?

you bet

why would you use kek or lel instead of lol? Think about it. It doesn't mean anything, its just the modification of the actual acronym lol. You don't even know why you use it. Somewhere, sometime you saw a few people post it and hopped right on board. Too mainstream for lol right? Thats so old, its meaning makes sense but you dont feel comfortable expressing your approval of things on the internet with the common old "lol" thats been around for so long. You'll man up and use the purposely misspelled version with no discernible humor or purpose besides making you look like a complete idiot while you maintain the false concept that other people find it amusing or appropriate and using purposely misspelled words shows the world that youre not afraid of anything and are part of some grand inside joke that no one finds funny. Theres a lot going through your head, but you realize I am right. You will try though, to get the best of this exchange. What are you going to go for? Newfag? Summer? oh damn there are so many options to choose from. An implication that I'm underage perhaps? Thats always fresh. Maybe you'll just shut down. I think you should go with something about butthurt or being mad or even comment on the length of the unproportionally long comment that so swiftly brought to your attention that you are a faggot that tries oh so hard to fit in. Careful though, is this even oc? Tsk tsk hard to say dont want to get embarrassed user. I'm sure you could find some grammar or spelling errors as a last resort. I cant wait, Its always fun playing insult roulette

forgot pic

Attached: oldham-148703-o.jpg (1536x2048, 871K)

AI cryptography

Because people would complain more if I wrote lol

did some digging and apparently they used real gore in advertisements of this

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7424606.stm

thankfully the uk is only a shitstain on the glorious indian subcontinet

Attached: uk_india_extract.png (1343x1600, 567K)

Never said it was poland.gov/polska.gov

What is it then? Those were just my guesses.

If only there was an alternative to ICANN domains that was uncensorable and not subject to government interference.

it's really shocking that the state uses fear tactics to make kids more vulnerable
obviously you won't get life imprisonment for carrying a knife but still it's a pretty harrowing concept
all in the name of statistics... what's a few more dead kids anyway?

French call it France you fucking dumb hole, Francais is the language

>implying a registrar being retarded has anything to do with icann

How can I own a domain? All websites just ask money per month and if you don't pay every month you lose it. It's like renting but how do you buy to own?

If I ever reg'd a bunch of names of stuff I think will become important in the future based on trends I notice, like upcoming politicians and movements I think will get big, do you think they would take them from me to give to actual people involved as well?

Some domains you can actually buy I'm pretty sure, but many companies probably don't want to "lose" them. E.g.
rappareisamverkan.com

Way to miss the point.

But where do I go to buy them?

Mad frog

Well were it redirects you? There are probably some lists on those domain sites on which all domains they have for sale are listed. There is probably no site that lists all domains for sale on all domain sites though.

>The weak should fear the strong

Attached: 1488863171155.jpg (400x400, 35K)

>I don't understand
True.

Do you have any idea how many wars France has won over the course of history? Sure they're faggot losers now, but there was a time when France produced some of the best fighting men in the world.