Systemd

Attached: systemd.jpg (800x800, 52K)

Systemd is fucking horrible

why do you hate it

This is a stupid thread.

Attached: sagesagesage.jpg (800x563, 82K)

potring anhero on stream when

Unecessarily complex

This. I just installed a systemd distro in a different disk so I can compare with gentoo and this is what would define systemd tools. OpenRC is still the best.

>頭文字D
>Initial letter D
I don't get it.

But, if any distro and any complex software such as DE (Kde, Wayland etc..) how can you use an init alternative?

sage isn't a downvote

>he doesn't know initial d

Wayland is a protocol. And KDE is shit.

This isn't a meme.

He just want to showoff he can read three easy kanji

>Ryosuke reveals on separate occasions as 4th Stage progresses that both the purpose of "D" and the true meaning of "the initial" will come to light. In Final Stage, it is revealed that the D stands for "Dream".

I know Initial D, but I don't know "initial letter D", which is what that kanji essentially says.

m-m-multitrack booting!

First off, systemd is not an init system, it has an init system as part of the systemd suite. systemd is a project to build a standardised lowlevel userland for Linux. The project is pretty comprehensive and it delivers a lot of functionality under one umbrella. It does away with a lot of older, often undermaintained software packages, which were traditionally used to assemble a low level userland.

Which is where the contention comes from, as a system suite systemd is restrictive for Unix virtuosi who are used to tailor a system with wit, ingenuity, a lick and a prayer and a couple dozen of unrelated packages. systemd makes such knowledge useless.

The faction that thinks that systemd is Linux's Hiroshima, finds all the added functionality bloat, unnecessary and dangerous, as it is all under development in one project.

All the systemd jokes stem from the comprehensiveness as a low level system suite. People against it love to joke that one day systemd will write its own kernel.

There is a lot of FUD and hate going around. Some arguments do have merit, a lot of eggs in one basket is certainly true, but as with all things in life, it depends which tradeoff you prefer. Do you want a suite of well designed software, working closely together, so that system management is streamlined or do you want the complete freedom to tailor your own low level system with a lot of time tested, interchangeable components.

I have no desire to be a low level system designer, so I prefer systemd. I don't hate traditional init systems though. If a Linux system has one and I need to work with it, I'm still happy it boots and starts the necessary services.

EenitialDee

RUNNING IN THE 90s
(yes I know Initial D didn't compose that song)

Good reply, I figured you at least deserved a (you) for this little unbiased write-up.

Your mom is shit retard

Was it kino

Because Jow Forums hates it.

normie

I'll give you the D

Attached: the-d.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)