Wtf is going on with youtube?

Wtf is going on with youtube?

Attached: yt.png (1345x688, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

greasyfork.org/en/scripts/35388-disable-polymer-youtube-improved/code
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fix your internet broseph

It's an improvement.

This is a technique called app shell where the website shows renders the layout of the page with placeholder content before the content arrives from the API.
This is supposed to make it look like it loads faster than it does.

on latest ff and ff-esr it does the same for me.
on palemoon, it doesn't.

Very informative.

So they made it load slower to make it *look* like it loads faster?
Am I the one who thinks that's retarded.

Attached: 1524121003941.jpg (720x398, 81K)

Yes you are the only one since the rest does understand that the decrease in loading speed is minimal while the felt improvement isn't.

yes, dumb frogposter

just use classic

I concur. YouTube now waits longer before loading actual content (save for the video). As such the perceived loading time is noticeable longer. Instead of content you see these placeholder bars.
Websites should focus on delivering their content. It's up to the browsers to load and display it as fast as possible.

No idea man but I still use old YouTube layout and all my plugins still work.

No, you're not the only one. I think this shit (and other shit like it) is fucking stupid. I've been using the internet since the early 90s and it just gets worse every year.

indeed. what do i have to do to make mine look like this

Well, it's Google. They have probably done some A/B testing on it and figured out that user engagement was higher with that feature on, so they deployed it.

>using the new layout

you know whats so funny about that? its that the content is already included in the first page you fetch, the exact same one that has those placeholders. they just dont care/know/want to do the initial rendering properly and show that while the rest of the js is finish loading so they js can be executed and mount those elements onto the dom.
also, none of the youtube pages is even a valid html page since they have multiple html documents star tags one inside the other, just because, again they dont care/know/want to mess around with the stupid material templates some idiot decided to use/make.
google as a decent company died when they started doing google+, what you get now is just filler

>Google
>actually testing their shit before shipping it
>Caring what users think
oh bby

and if you think im joking on stick this on your console and youll see what im talking about
window.ytInitialData.contents.twoColumnBrowseResultsRenderer.tabs[0].tabRenderer.content.sectionListRenderer.contents[0].itemSectionRenderer.contents[0].shelfRenderer.content.horizontalListRenderer.items[0].gridVideoRenderer
this is the xpath for the first video link/thumb displayed on the page, and all the others are there too. you can check the source code for the first html document fetched and youll see that all this info is _already there_, nothing is fetched from the api
this is the current state of google 'programmers'

No, it's supposed to tell the user that there actually is more than a blank page when the "responsive design" website doesn't load because it happens way to often.

Just bring back static websites already fuck this new shit

Thanks, this worked.

I like how it doesn't even bother to load the text until like 10 seconds after the page loads.

It's their new layout design, they decided showing video thumbnails and titles looked too cluttered so they moved everything over to this more simplified, elegant approach. Do you not like it user?

That's what happens when you(tube) use Web components before they are actually ready.
They end up having to use the polyfills anyway and because the web component specs aren't actually properly polyfillable, it just turns into a horrid mess.

Thats an interesting explanation if true but shell layout doesn't even match the actual layout.

That's why I just restored the old layout.
Just copy-paste greasyfork.org/en/scripts/35388-disable-polymer-youtube-improved/code 's code into your browser console.