EXCEL PROBLEM

Guys, need help from you Excel pros

Problem:

I have a list of users in 3 columns, first name, last name, cumulative number of logins for each user.

That list arrives every 1st of the month

Friend wants to know the number of logins for each month for every user.

That's not the problem, you just subtract cumulative number of logins from previous month to this month.

Problem is there are couple of new users being registered every month so i can't just do H1-C1 until the end of the list because one list will always have more users than the previous one.

Any idea how to do add new users to another list? Is there some IF check that if first/last name is not the same, copies that first/last name and login number, inserts a new row, pastes that into second list and just copies the data from first list to one row above (so 2 lists end up the same)?

Pic related, my table with dummy data

Attached: First position.jpg (1035x362, 93K)

Install Gentoo

Make a Pivot Table.

How would pivot help me?

Welp, after rereading your question I think it won't.

What I'd do is interact with the spreadsheet using an external programming languge. I'd either use bash/ssconvert/awk or python or something microsofty with good Excel integration. That might just be me hating to work on spreadsheets tho.

Is there at least some function that searches the whole first list and subtracts number of logins from the second list is there is a matching first and last name? for those new users i would have to do things manually

You could try doing something with VLOOKUP.

Formatted table, then use structured references.

Query your database and filter by time stamp.

>excel
Thats the problem

Any details?

trying this but whenever vlookup finds some inconsistency with first list it fires N/A

How about you Google stuff before you ask?

Attached: Screenshot_20180501-170110_1.png (1080x1537, 202K)

googled exact same thing but didn't know how to apply it

Select a range, click format as table, then use this table's name. It will automatically expand when you add data at the bottom.

Write a program in Python that imports the data to an SQLite database. Then do whatever you want.

I'm not going to use python and sqlite mate, that's an overkill

>Python and SQLite is overkill

Attached: whats a computer.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

For this kind of task, it is

I bet there is some really easy answer but i'm just an excel noob

I don't understand well what the problem is, maybe make a column next to the cumulative of previous moth and apply =IF(ISBLANK(cell_on_left),0,value of cell on the left)
the subtract current cumulative from last month's cumulative logins

The problem is new users. When they are created they need to be in the final list for the month (with their respective number of logins) but they are not present in the previous month. So there's nothing to subtract from and it fucks up the whole list

It's trivial as hell though in Python. You don't even need SQL.

>import some excel interface
>open excel totals file
>open the file you're trying to add
>add all values from all the excel files to dictionary (name is the key, total is the value)
>overwrite excel totals file

I would answer it you but there are no stack overflowesque upboats so my efforts would be fruitless. In other words, go fuck yourself.

Attached: images.jpg (231x218, 6K)