Microsoft Office 2019 released in preview

Thoughts?

Attached: Office 2019.png (900x612, 273K)

Other urls found in this thread:

overleaf.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=jlX_pThh7z8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tablets die in a fire

How to disable "office click to run".

Shit is trashing battery on my laptop every time I turn it on.

Microsoft office 2010 is still the best version.

>Microsoft office 2010 is still the best version.
I'm on it but outlook is now lacking lots of features expecially if your company has office 365

LibreOffice it's much bettah

Might as well use libreoffice if you aren't an excel power user.

Their 2016 botnet still works fine for me.

proprietary trash

I'll stick to office 2016

Attached: office btfo.png (1704x618, 75K)

>tfw still using office 2007 coz dont want botnet that works the same
i just need to type my 200 page thesis and manage an excel sheet that has fuckton of records inside

>No more standard installer for Office
They are really trying to destroy the Windows ecosystem as we know it

what can office do that libreoffice can't

>Windows 7 losing software support
It's about time.

It's literally the current version of 365 but frozen for perpetual license purchase. If you have 365, you basically have 2019 already.

Is there a way to disable telemetry in Office 2013 and newer?

Is there a torrent for the preview?

looks like macOS will get an update in 2026 :^)

i'm sure microsoft office has some enterprise tier functions that 99.9% of home users never use

Not even enterprise users use them because it's slow as fuck and twice as inconvenient.
Fuck MS Office with a 10-foot pole. I almost threw my laptop out of a window once.

>I almost threw my laptop out of a window once.
Cringe.

Gonna pirate it

D E P R E C A T E D

>slow as fuck and twice as inconvenient
Someone hasn't used LibreOffice before

Excel beats the snot out of Libreoffice Calc for features and performance, and Microsoft deliberately breaks MSO's ODF support to reinforce their monopoly. If you aren't using colossal spreadsheets with Visual Basic hooks into other Windows programs, Libreoffice will almost certainly be enough for you.

>people still buy yearly versions
>even though they don't use office enough to actually warrant the $129+ pricetag
>people dont sub to 365 for the months they need to for muh school, store all their animes in the cloud, and then stay unsubbed saving at least $70
really now

Not sure what the point of this post is. Most people have switched to subscriptions and don't buy yearly based on Microsoft's publicly available financial info. If you're subscribed you'll get this version.

I have, and I was a lot more productive back in those days.
Fortunately, Office is not the primary tool for my job so I can ignore its bullshit most of the time.

the service?
For windows: windows+ r - enter: services.msc - find it and make it not automatic - manual
Linux - it should not start with the laptop, at liest in my experience. Probably edit the file with the starts/cron jobs

>200 page thesis
Latex?

What is the change compared to the previous version? I still use Office 2016 under windows 10.

I don't know how it works in America, but in my country, you are required to upload your thesis in doc file to graduate.

Not him, but in my university you are not allowed to write your thesis in LaTex. Only Office Word.

What kind of shithole universities are that? You can only submit pdf's here and formatted with TeX.

I mean, I can understand a pdf made with Office, but the .doc file? Really?

OK, i did not know that there may be requirements not to use latex. It kind of sounds stupid because latex is used a lot in uk universities and even required.

It is a markdown language so you can easilly export to other markdown languages and also you can easilly export to pdf.

Using it is not hard and you can try something like overleaf.com/ for a quick setup

Shit enables itself after every reboot. M$ really wants that service running no matter what.

Tried changing permissions, we'll see if that'll do, it did the trick for google software reporter tool which was also trashing disk for 10-15min after every reboot.

youtube.com/watch?v=jlX_pThh7z8

Freetards leave. Nobody wants your shitty software

like any sane person will install M$ Office...

>A what you see is hfsifhsaiufhasiuhfiushfoiudsohfsiuf

will it work in crossover/wine?

we use doc files since its the most common format used here
heck even others use office 2003 for "nostalgia factor"

like any sane person will install window$ ...

Downloading, let's see how bad it is.

Attached: office2019.png (1400x1050, 468K)

It has an E-Mail client
>inb4 hurr Thunderbird is gud

Attached: not saving at something like jpeg.png (900x612, 202K)

I still have my MOSM certification from when I was in highschool, certified for Access 2013, Word Expert 2013, Excel Expert 2013, and PowerPoint 2013. Still my favorite version of MSOffice.

Or sorry, 2010. 2013 sucks ass.

Is there a torrent for it or something?

Why spend money when there is free&gratis alternative that covers like 90% of use cases? You must be a total brainlet.

It's always been better than outlook

>It's always been better than outlook
This.

2010 is best modern version, 2k is best version overall