Attached: Capture.png (999x914, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/1986/08/06/business/intel-will-lay-off-1300-employees.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw norway

comfy

>country not even on list

Automation is bullshit.
Japs still can't make their train automatic, because gooks drive better.

No jobs are actually safe. People greatly overestimate the amount of work needed to replace them.

Just give a list of jobs that can be automated.

good luck automating creation of films

I'm on NEETbux so yes

Japs are experts at trains

>half of all jobs
Ban women from working, problem solved.

>mass unemployment
>income tax revenue dries up
>no more funds to pay out NEETbux

Attached: 1f923.png (512x512, 15K)

Actually not a bad idea

All pre production, writing, scouting and casting can be automated, all post production, foley, editing, SFX, ADR etc can be automated.

Other than actually shooting the film, everything else can easily be automated. So the 50% figure holds true. Eventually synthesizing scenes with something similar to deepfakes will be possible.

meant for

Once my job gets automated, all jobs are automated. At that point we can but hope for mercy from our robot overlords.

Cinematography, directing, and writing will be pretty difficult. Good stories and good storytelling need human intervention.

When that happens just go to Congress with a gun and demand money.

>tfw thinking about getting into finance but I keep thinking about how easy it'll be to automate that

I'm surprised shit like accounting hasn't been completely automated by now

we deserve no mercy

Attached: Matrix-battery-energy.jpg (1600x835, 150K)

>writing
lol not even close. Writing will be one of the first arts to be automated. We have the entirety of human innovation that we can exploit. If we feed a system with enough stories and data that constitutes what a good story is, it will be able to synthesize stories.
>Cinematography
I agree this will be several orders of magnitude more difficult than writing, but the same concepts apply as before. It wont happen in the near future, but I assure you, an AI that generates shot lists is feasible in the near future.
>Directing
In terms of directing actors, it would have a model of what good acting looks like associated to emotion, which it can be be cross referenced to the script. Or it can synthesize the actor's emotions via something like deep fakes. Everything else would flow from the same ideas as before. Although, I think the traditional role of a director would probably end up going away with automation.

The thought that the arts are safe from automation is pure hubris.

>People greatly overestimate the amount of work needed to replace them
many yes but theres stuff thats really hard to automate... for example car production. Tesla Model 3 is the best example

How does Ireland have such a high GDP per person?

no people

favorable corporate environment and it's in the EU. many companies have their large scale operations there, especially compared to population

A
But,
You've got a good point there, user, I too don't get why Japs still haven't been able to automate their trains.

>Third lowest percentage
Feels good

They are a tax haven. Look up "the double Dutch"
Basically a bunch of companies make shell companies in Ireland (which is usually only a couple guys, but they make an ungodly amount of money which raises the average especially compared to the low population)

I'm making the automation. In reality the "complete replacement" is not as hot as the newspaper titles make it sound. Automation can cover for human work when the process is clearly described and standardized, but for any given job the standardized part likely makes somewhere between 90 and 99% you still needs humans to cover the rest, to take care of the niche cases, or to improvise.

Intel's ireland fabs

How's security?

nice, more time to take care of my garden
working sucks ass

Yes, my job is (industrial) automation, I am part of the problem.

sorry ;_;

>tfw my retard government chased intel out of the country and got nothing in return

nytimes.com/1986/08/06/business/intel-will-lay-off-1300-employees.html

>As one of the founding members, Barbados joined the World Trade Organization on 1 January 1995. Following the membership in the World Trade Organization (WTO), the Government of Barbados aggressively tried to make the Barbados economy fully WTO compliant. This led to collapse of much of the manufacturing industry of Barbados during the late 1990s in favour of many companies like Intel and others moving to lower cost Asian economies

AI can't beat gooks.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_20180211171157.png (1437x1039, 1.98M)

Jokes on you, faggot. I don't even have a job.

Attached: dead-am-contemplating-my-ing-own-life-this-isnt-a-10297107.png (500x391, 89K)

even if everything does get automated it doesn't mean that we have to be scared. sure we have to leave our comfort zone but we will still have stuff to do

>Are you safe, Jow Forums?
I'll just share this. My dad, long gone, was the head of the accounting in a mid-sized local insurance firm. He had a pretty large staff. Computers, those old MS-Dos machines, with spreadsheets made it possible to get the job done with less and less people. Having to fire the majority of people working under him in a few years really got to him. I guess my point, if there is one, is that this isn't a new problem.

One little detail on this hysteria about automation, btw: Right now retailers in most countries are struggling big-time and this includes big ones. Do a brief search on Toys'r'Us and see how that went. People buy online instead of going to shopping malls and stores. This isn't .. "automation" but I wouldn't feel too secure if I was working in retail.

>many yes but theres stuff thats really hard to automate... for example car production
Don't underestimate the effect of partial automation that "only" makes a job idiot-proof, thereby allowing the replacement of a limited valuable pool of skilled workers with a flood of idiots that work for cheap.

>Automation Engineer
Yea im fine.

for now

Yes

I feel like in the future there will still be a market for human made art just like there is a market for organic food

>network and computer security masters with electrical and computer engineer degree
Comfy as fuck

>tfw I’m an automation engineer

People will build, design and maintain the robots

>like there is a market for organic food
I don't think we really have inorganic food as an option.

go automate yourself

Utopia of robots doing everything for us FUCKING WHEN?!

I'd love to see how the fuck they compute the "chance of automation" bullshit

I cant wait.

Finally be able to get a hamburger the way i order it.

>utopia
pfft. humans all sitting on there asses is not a utopia, the very reason i left the NEET life was because i was so bored of accomolishing nothing. automation will help bring the death of free will.

They can all go and have fun, or spend more time on philosophy and science. Any sort of manual labor is caveman tier and should bave long been replaced by robots.

Have*. Fuck phones.

Don't blame the phone because you're too lazy to proofread.

>sport coach
>on the water
I'd say I'm pretty damn safe.

Having to settle for a shit job instead of doing what you want to do is free will?

As if the guy I was replying to was any better. It's 4am here and I'm tired, go be an ass somewhere else.

Or how they accounted for how much money you would spend on powering,maintaining and repairing said automatons. I think automation will become more common in the future definitely, but businesses want to not spend money frivolously and maximize their profit will probably make the more optimistic predictions unlikely, not to mention the increased carbon footprint of the damn prospect. Realistically, I'd say only like 10-20% of jobs are replaced by automation in 40 years' time

Well, it's just you not wanting to starve in that case so yeah, it's free will.

Yes, but french aren't bad at it either. Fucking 500 kph on rails, it is insane. And french have an automatic trains, but they don't give a fuck about delays and shit as japs or germans do. And even third world Chile has an automated line of metro, but they don't care about time at all, they come late 1-2 hour and they don't give a fuck, so yeah.
Because automatic can't do it in time, but they can definitely do it with less powaaah.
Sure.

What do you think wealth is? It's not "a job," it's acquiring things of value. If those things are being made by robots and you have access to them, guess what? You have wealth without having to work.

People who are scared of automation because they think it will "steal our jerbs" are idiots. Automation is just having the same amount with less effort, allowing you to put your effort into other things which makes you more.

But, all trains are automatic in Singapore, and they have better on-time record than Japan.

Perfectly safe. My job is automating things so we don't have to hire more employees.

>Do a brief search on Toys'r'Us and see how that went. People buy online instead of going to shopping malls and stores.
That's misleading. Toys'R'Us was actually doing quite well, but was also drowning in credit debt by the company that 'owned' them. They couldn't keep up payments with the credit debt AND continue to make profits for reinvestment, hence their filing of bankruptcy.

They were literally killed.

It's harder to bribe an automaton than a human.

they can't take away my job if I'm already unemployed

Attached: b.jpg (480x395, 26K)

I specialized in my major at university and the year I got my degree some new software came out that completely automated my specialty.
That was 4 years ago and now I'm nothing but a hateful pervert.

what was your major/degree? Was it finance related by chance?

>imagine a world where new movies are made, but no new scenes are ever shot
>old scenes from old movies are used to synthesize new scenes, which are overdubbed with different dialogue (hyper-real computerized text-to-speech, of course)
>everything is a remix of a remix of a remix
>for hundreds of years on end

Technically I do, Alot of stuff ( especially on Excel I do), I automate it by VB codes, and I allocate the usual time for the tasks but it takes me around 70% less to do, so I charge the client the typical price while working less.

I work as a bouncer. We're irreplaceable for the next century, possibly longer, as the technology does not exist where it can talk to people and decide when to use reasonable force in a safe and legal manner.

It's not a well paying job nor is it fulfilling but damn if it ain't secure.

The problem with automation is we still rely on a monetary (or at least bartering) system. To transition across to a fully automated society we need to find better ways of making sure everyone gets a fair share at the good life. Money needs to change. But that also means those in power need to change which will surely never happen (history shows this will always be the case).

Even with a fully automated society and plenty of leisure time there will still be rich and poor. The powerful and the downtrodden. I can see another revolution occurring.

Do you own an automated factory? No? Then why do you think robot-generated wealth would fall into your pocket?

They'll just tax robots

Since my job is the one replacing your job with automation technology I would assume it is safe :^)

You can't automate editing of sound or video. All the shit is bullshit. How do you automate sfx or composition? You're retarded

Oh no what will I do when robot neets come and claim all waifus and take away all my shitposting work?

That's why the idea of basic income is becoming more and more popular.

don't worry India is immune to automation :^)

Would you like to have one?

Shall we just give up now?

You can't automate stock trading. How do you automate reading the news and making informed decisions? You're retarded

Look at BlackRock, they've already automated a lot of the decision making.

You can't automate the innovative side of STEM, you'll just have robots running the numbers and permutations. Humans then interpreting the data.

You can't really automate the engineering side too.
Just letting an AI loose on a problem results in unmaintainable unrepeatable solutions that no one understands, including the AI.
It's not a replacement for an actual designed solution, that others can work and improve on.

>tfw New Zealand

Enjoy your universal basic """""income""""" AKA 5 cents a month.

Attached: 1492093988652.jpg (288x306, 10K)

I'm a cinema projectionist. My job is already automat-able for years except people are dumb so we are needed. If people don't stop being dumb I don't see my position disappearing in the foreseeable future.

>If people don't stop being dumb I don't see my position disappearing in the foreseeable future.
great scott you are guaranteed employment for the rest of time

is ireland doing good or what?
why do tax evader/blood money countries always win?