Is this a good starter build? I mostly want it for some gaming (AAA) and video editing...

Is this a good starter build? I mostly want it for some gaming (AAA) and video editing. I've heard the 1060 can handle pubg at 1080p ~60fps on Ultra. But again, the game itself is unstable as fuck.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1038x950, 235K)

My custom made pc costed less than that gpu ffs.
Seems fine to me btw

No, shit RAM, shit cooler which you don't need, expensive case.

You don't even need a case, just a frame. Stop falling for the spook.

Get a cheaper PSU, drop the cooler and get faster ram. Ram speeds are very important on ryzen systems.

pic related

Attached: images.jpg (224x224, 7K)

RAM speeds are very important on all DDR4 systems because even Intel gets gimped by 2133-2400MHz RAM,

Goddam crypto nerds making GPUs so fucking expensive. I want to build a new, modern cheap gaming rig, but the GPUs always shoot me down.

τι είναι αυτή η kουράδα ρε μαλάkα; τράβα στο pcbg να σε μάθουν πως να φτιάξεις pc της προkοπής

looks good to me. But what do I know, half of my computer components are almost 10 years old.

My former cheapo gaming desktop is 5 years old and now overheats watching YouTube Live.

My 11 year old laptop can watch YT without overheating, as can the low power server build.

Maybe you want to apply fresh Chinese thermal paste to your CPU heat sink or something.

Even with dumb ass crypto currency driving prices up temporarily, computers are still cheap as fuck.

You don't need the best computer money can buy with maximum LED for games. Just build some $700-1k ish box and it'll be great for a long while. Gaymen is a super cheap hobby, really.

I do, I think the CPU is damaged from running it over 70 Celsius for days on end, without break.
It is an AMD FX-6300, so is older than 5 years.

>get a cheaper psu

Attached: 5432.jpg (1300x1063, 109K)

70C may be too much for you, but it isn't very much for a CPU.

Sure, you could have CPU/RAM/... damage, but my guess right now is just that you're maybe just not getting enough heat off the otherwise still functional chip.

> It is an AMD FX-6300, so is older than 5 years.
Easily 30-50% faster than my potato machines that still do YT fine. Probably still faster than most smartphones.

Figures you can theoretically fix this without replacing hardware.

Get a cheaper PSU, ditch the Hyper 212, MAYBE a cheaper case (tho that seems fine) and get a second Gen Ryzen R5 2600 (works with the same board)

I have to underclock and undervolt it, currently, it is running at 3.2, just so it doesn't overheat. The fucking clock speed is supposed to be 3.5.

DO NOT GET A CHEAPER PSU. It's one of the most important components.

Drop the cooler as the stock fan that comes with the Ryzen non-X is absolutely fine.

Get better RAM, you need much faster speeds for DDR4.

Drop the GPU and swap out for an RX580. Nvidia are a disgusting market manipulating hack company.

8gb ram, is that 1 stick?

Wait man, I wasn't saying him with to get a much worse PSU.

You can still get a decent PSU for 20-30 (or even 40) euro fewer

Also RX 580 prices are fucked still with a Crypto craze (at least in my country)

1060 is the cheaper option.

IGNORE EVERONE HERE. THIS BUILD IS MORE THAN OKAY FOR SOME AAA GAMES. ESPECIALLY OPTIMIZED ONES. WHAT DO YOU PLAY? IF IT'S PUBG OR COD YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOWER THE SETTINGS. 1060 IS WAY OVERPRICED BY THE WAY.

>shit cooler which you don't need
Talk for yourself, you don't know the pain of living in a >32 °C climate.

I've used no name PSU for decades on many machines. Many of them don't even deviate much from the usual 80plus standard efficiency.

YMMV if you run a potentially power guzzling machine at low loads, you might need a better PSU to not fuck up your power consumption and bills in the low load situation.

Not him, but the Ryzen Coolers are literally on the same level as some Coolermaster coolers

Yeah, worth spending extra money for a better card man. 6GB VRAM won't be enough for newer AAA titles.

IMO I would replace the ram for certain, specially if you go for video editting.

I'm not saying that he needs to buy some bottom of the barrel no name shit. But a system with an 1060 and ryzen 1600 doesn't need that kind of a PSU.
PSU shill need to fuck off.

Rx 580 is $250

>RGB motherboard
>Windowed case
fag spotted

I have that mobo and it's complete garbage. BIOS updates lack any form of Q&A so if you're unlucky like me you're going to have lots of trouble with getting your RAM to be stable after each update to not cause random BSODs. Intel NIC was also randomly disconnecting, it was so bad I had to buy some PCI-E Ethernet card - thank god they are cheap.

At that price you're probably better of getting some cheap X370 board, sure wish I had done that when I was building mine.

>>/v/
Not your fucking tech support kiddo

>>>/pcbg/

Get the 2600 instead. Maybe a 500 GB SSD over the TB shit HDD.
This, 8 GB are fine, but get proper RAM. I could OC my 2400 RAM to 3000 MHz CL16, but its not worth if you are buying new RAM, which costs around 10 € more. Use the Ryzen box cooler.

>78 Euros for 8gigs of ram
fucking shit, what the fuck happened to the market? I paid less than that for 16gigs 1866 2.5 years ago. I thought electronics should be getting cheaper, not more expensive. As for OP, get the Evo 860 SSD and get a Noctua cooler.

About 400% price increase. I paid 45 € for a quadkit of 2400 DDR4 in 2016. Similar kits cost 160 now.

BTFO everywhere else. gpu prices remain largely unchanged in Australia. No one has really bothered mining meme bux

gaymerfag

Electricity costs too much.

I have a pretty similar setup to this and it works well for me. Coolermaster 212 works pretty well for me too, never get cpu temps over 40 degrees. I have a 1060 6g as well, and it does what I need it to do (which isn't video games) so I can't really help you there. Modern video games are shit though, don't waste your money if thats all its for.

Why start mining when there already is a lucrative mining industry?

I upgraded from 970 to 1070.
I didn't need to and I want my $400 back. God damn clouds in Rome II Total War tricked me into thinking I couldn't handle the big games. But those clouds are shit. Unoptimized shit.

>getting 1600 + cooler for the total price of 2600
Absolutely disgusting.

I remember some of the reviews mentioned that it's almost on par with Evo 212, albeit slightly louder. Which is goddamn impressive for a free cooler, considering that Evo is probably one of the most popular entry level coolers.

The new cooler is even better but it comes with 2700-2700X I think. It has copper heat pipes and shit and is buff af

Replace the cooler you retard it's not difficult stuff

No, this is bullshit.
/thread

pretty decent considering this thing comes free with the 2700x and the 8700k delivers no cooler

Attached: DSC_0029.jpg (3840x2160, 2.79M)

With 8GB RAM you can only do mid-range gaming and smaller video editing, if that's fine for you. If you're serious about work you could downgrade the graphics card and get 16GB / an 8-core machine.

Attached: 1270747799163.jpg (400x225, 68K)

It *was* lucrative, china stopped buying our shit and we went through an economic depression. Turns out they only needed our iron ore and coal for 10 years while they built their own mines and better power generators, and they built a shitload in the last 10.

Why not the 2600?

Also
>Playing pubg on anything but low
Wtf is wrong with you?

skip the fan. wraith * is pretty good

can't complain about wraith prism, it's really nice and quiet

You need atleast 3200gogahertz ram to get anywhere with ryzen

Seriously check Nvidia's own pages for prices. That's the place to go for the lowest prices on gpu's.

Attached: 1470816496171.jpg (541x541, 55K)

jews happened