Which to use?

Which to use?

Attached: Windows-7-vs-WIndows-10_thumb800.jpg (800x450, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/historical/Pivot_FY12-FY14.xlsx
wccftech.com/analyst-xbox-one-sales-35-million/
youtube.com/watch?v=m_OQBypci3M
youtube.com/watch?v=UqdxiHfzYZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You should use software that respects your freedoms, like GNU/Linux.

but I wanna play games

I want to play other games besides penguin snowboarder 2000

The one that's not going to be unsupported in 2 years

Just use Windows 10 and strip the botnet out. It isn't much different from doing it with Windows 7. People like to claim it all reverts after updates, but it has been three years and I have yet to see any evidence of that.

Then I suggest that you grow the fuck up.

The 1803 update reset a shitton of settings for me and force-enabled web search so the group policy no longer disables it

Why does it matter if it’s unsupported. Who even installs w7 updates anyway

That's what these are for.

Attached: xbox-one-x-vs-ps4-pro.png (1200x672, 215K)

>Windows doesn't respect your freedoms!
>Instead use these consoles that respect them even less!

Most games are proprietary, so it doesn't make that much of a difference.

Win8.1
I tried Win10 yesterday. I just couldn't do it.

Unless you absolutely need a feature only 10 has, use 7.

Windows 10 LTSB faggots

Your only choice is to submit. W10 will be the only one getting future support for newer stuff. Submit to the big cock of satya nadella. You must experience the pain as he stuff his cock up your tiny twink hole. It will be painful. You will tear up. But you have no choice. Just lie there and take it.

Attached: Fucked-up-wojack.png (280x291, 88K)

"Not if I can do something about it!"

Attached: vulkan.png (340x190, 14K)

>/v/ tells you to build a PC
>got o Jow Forums to ask how
>tells you to buy a console

Attached: ayylmao.jpg (960x960, 115K)

If developers choose DirectX over OpenGL, what makes you think they'll use Vulkan?

ZorinOS, Linux Mint, Kubuntu/Xubuntu, Solus

Consoles, PlayOnLinux/Lutris, second PC exclusively for gaming and absolutely nothing else, not even (((discord)))

Vulkan works in a whole lot more places.

>DirectX 12: Only available for Windows 10, Xbox One and Windows Phone (if you don't have either of those then Microsoft says that's just too bad)

>Vulkan: Available for Linux, macOS, Windows (all the way back to XP for crying out loud), Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch and Tizen, rumored to be coming to the PlayStation 5

Windows 9.

>vulkan is available on xp
Are there even any vulkan supported GPUs that have xp drivers?

You should use a GNU/Linux distribution. But if Windows 7 and Windows 10 are the choices then go for Windows 10 if it's a new computer and Windows 7 if it's an older one from it's era.

And I wanna bed a cute 3.14 Asian but that's not going to happen any time soon.

>xp
who cares

Attached: Cheng Xiao (WJSN) - She is so freaking cute ♥.webm (820x720, 2.62M)

luckily there is dxvk

Nobody, which is why it shouldn't be a part of the argument.

Hook me up with a WIndows 8 embedded licence, bro?

Forgot reply

Wouldn't make sense to officially support it if it couldn't be used.

Attached: Khronos%20Vulkan%20Launch%20Press%20Briefing%20Feb16%20nt1-page-004.jpg (3600x2025, 304K)

Vulkan will never catch on Microsoft will see to that, they have power over games through xbox never forget that

Y'all niggas keep fighting over Windows when it's been the same fucking garbage since Windows 9x.
It's all the same shit with a different UI, pick whichever one looks more aesthetic to you.

Fucking kill yourselves.

There's a pc building thread and a stupid question thread. Go get shamed in those. It will yield better results than this.

They changed a bunch of shit undercover in Win10. I don't feel safe at all using it.

I almost had a panic attack when I switched. Thank god I made a system image backup before I switched.

most of Jow Forums prefers a console + linux system because it's objectively superior than wasting 4k on a gaymin pc for shit games

>I almost had a panic attack when I switched
what did your remaining brain cell do during that period?

The Xbox One isn't the dominant console this generation. The PlayStation 4, the best-selling console of this gen, doesn't support DirectX.

>best selling console this gen
>still hasn't surpassed ps3 sales
O I AM LAFFIN

Attached: 9a6.php.jpg (398x500, 22K)

They're only 4 million sales away (79 million units so far) [1] from surpassing the PS3 (83 million units) and 5 million from surpassing the Xbox 360 (84 million units). Also, the duration of the last generation was longer compared to the average.

The Xbox One hasn't even sold anywhere near half of the Xbox 360 or PS3 sales, it's only sold an estimated 35 million units. [2]

[1]: sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/historical/Pivot_FY12-FY14.xlsx
[2]: wccftech.com/analyst-xbox-one-sales-35-million/

Friendly reminder to keep consolewar faggotry on /v/.

I was trying to refute their claim that Microsoft could their position in the console market to prevent Vulkan from gaining ground in gaming.

Vulkan has a real chance to break in.

runs like shit on my 2600k, only recently has win10 ran good for me... I still use 7 though because fuck 10.

win 8.1 is the only answer

Windows 7

None. Use Leenucks.

>told Win7 v. Win10
>suggests the moral equivalent of Windows 3.1
Freetards are dumb.

If GNU/Linux isn't an option, then just use Windows 7.

>wasting 4k on a gaymin pc
Here comes another poorfag!

2k is the maximum you can spend before going full retard.

im so tired of reading windows is just for games. nearly all professional tools which are industry standard are windows only.

linux is good for servers. thats it

There have been 0 games other than those published by microsoft than run exclusively on DX12. There is no reason to use W10

Actually, most software is now developed for all three major operating systems. Some even develop for OpenBSD. The only thing that seems to straggle is games.

gnetoo

linux always has shitty support, so you'll most likely run into dozens of compatibility issues. not worth the headache.

OpenGL is supported on damn near everything too. The developers already picked DirectX over OpenGL, so clearly they didn't care about compatibility. What makes you think they'll switch to Vulkan when they already chose against OpenGL?

Because Open GL, unlike vulkan sucks dick on AMD and intel hardware.

Switched to Windows 10 at launch, recently switched back to Windows 7. I definitely miss some stuff from Windows 10. On the other hand, it seems that Windows 10 is really focused around a world where people have multiple Surface-like devices, and I'm just on a regular laptop so I don't really benefit from things like settings sync, OneDrive, tablet mode, notification center, connected standby, and so on.

Some things I particularly miss:
BitLocker and MUI available on Pro SKU
WSL and Command Prompt improvements
Built-in ISO mount
I didn't use them, but store apps are definitely the future

I also switched back to Office 2010 and I have to say, the latest versions of Office definitely feel a lot nicer to use.

desktop and work: win7
laptop and/or gayms: win10

LTSB 2016 N is basically the best option imo

I recently went over to the dark side of vanilla 10 pro though because I bought a WMR headset so I can fuck animes. no regrets.

Attached: 1457204036493.png (894x1250, 827K)

Debian.

7 isnt supported on my cpu so the latter

You don't know how to install it. 7 supports any x86 CPU.

>Not having more than one operating system.

Pleb tier.

Not gonna hack an os to work on a cpu that doesnt officially support it.

Because game devs are lazy

I want to get back to Windows 7.

Is there a Jow Forumsuide to disabling the telemetry without breaking the updates since they bundled them all together?

just disable the DiagTrack service

WINDOWS SEVER 2016

Linux if you respect your intelligence.
Win 7 if you respect yourself.
Win 10 if you are a normalfag.

Also for >MacOS. Its for fucking retards. I said it. I recently had a chance to work with a MacOS. It was version 10.7. All the software for it was stuck in legacy mode. Even the simple softwares like browsers are stuck in legacy mode. EVEN 3rd party softwares like Chrome are artificially forcing you to buy new MacOS to upgrade to newer Chrome. I tried upgrading both Safari/Chrome. Safari was stuck on version 6.1(latest is version 11 or so). Chrome was stuck on version 48(latest is 68 or something). There's no way to manually update those programs too.

What a shit show.

>using Windows N
>EVER
Fucking morons.

dont trust these manlets memes "use linux" install ubuntu" "GNU>windows" ...
>Windows is the best os the kernel is the best and the company itself is bigger than any other os ever made ..you have all you want and is easy to use.. any more? yes.. install windows 7 ->x64

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB is the way to go.

It's lighter than the consumer edition, 90% of the tracking shit is gone, no cortana, no edge, no app store.

You can activate it for free using KMSPico, it has hardly any updates to worry about and they're few and far between.

I spent the day installing and setting it up and I'm glad I did, I used to use linux and even consumer win 10 is better than that.

Needless to say, LTSB is like having 7 back, you don't have to worry about Microsoft accounts, and you can install pretty much anything you could on the consumer edition, and you can play gaems.

>inb4 muh reddit spacing

Sales figures for XBox and Playstation aside, I do have nephews. I bought them Playstation 4's because that's what they wanted because "that's what all their friends have". I know that's not exactly scientific research or hard data but my impression is that Playstation's essentially the standard. I don't know anyone with kids who play on xbox.

>Install it
>Start menu constantly bugging out and locking everything up until it catches up on every input at once after several minutes
>UI is unintuitive junk, basic things are hard to find and the search comes up empty on random things
>Actually screws up a 7 install on a completely separate drive for no reason
And no faggot, I only had the drive with 10 on it plugged in when installing before you try that route. I admit it is a bit faster, and kind of pretty I guess, but if those are headaches it gave me day one, I am not going to bother continuing.

Attached: 1504298780374.gif (500x281, 1006K)

The one you have a license for

Xbox wasn't dominant in any generation.

this.

What's next? Lincucks doesn't support photoshop so I should get a real job?

Consoles aren't worth a damn. What if I want to play at 60fps or play pc-only titles?

i hate your opinion....... but it is the only one valid. You are speaking the truth, even if it is painful to hear it

But consoles arent PCs

Linux+OpenRC+XORG+KDE+GNU BASH+GNU Coreutil+ GNU GCC+...

>just use Windows 10 and strip Windows 10 out

>Doesnt support anything from windows ever
Google wine before you talk shit moron

Windows 10. Oldfags need to give up the ghost and get with the times. I can't think of one reason why someone would want to use an OS full of security holes and performance zappers when Win10 is lean, clean, and secure.

Undeniable proof that the human race is doomed.
Gypsies on the street are more intelligent than this ab-human.

just use gimp bro

Fucking shills I swear. W7 still gets the same security updates and no one cares about your shitty DX 12 gaym temptation when Vulkan exists.
GET OUT >:c

Win8.1

What about the 360?

The PS4 Pro and Xbox One X both play quite a couple of games at 60fps.

youtube.com/watch?v=m_OQBypci3M

youtube.com/watch?v=UqdxiHfzYZU

>nearly all professional tools which are industry standard are windows only.

macOS has plenty of professional tools, especially media creation tools like Adobe Photostop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Encore, Prelude, Speedgrade, Assimilate SCRATCH, Maxon Cinema 4D, Autodesk AutoCAD, Avid Media Composer, Pro Tools, Sibelius, Cubase, Ableton Live, Sorenson Squeeze, Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, and so on.

>play pc-only titles?

If the titles are truly Windows-only and there's no alternative platform for it, then you could possible run Windows in a KVM virtual machine instance with PCI passthrough enabled.

Are you retarded or are you just retarded?

*possibly

Why did they have to give up Aero? It's perfect.

Attached: windows aero.png (351x183, 35K)

Didn't Jow Forums dislike Aero Glass when it first came out?

Humans are just retarded in general.