Is literally FX 2.0

>Is literally FX 2.0
>Ivy Bridge ipc but has moar coars
Apart form the tdp being higher, I don't think FX did anything wrong, the ipc on the cores was inferior to intel like is still is with RYZEN, but you had more of them, so it throws blows with intel.

Maybe the lack of multi threaded games made FX doa but it doesn't deserve hate because software can't use it, it hung in there with sandy when 8 cores were being utilized and that was what it was.

Attached: CP39ZAM_170323_800x800.jpg (800x800, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

valid.x86.fr/sy0mj8
youtube.com/watch?v=_gs5eioB6H4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

are you baiting or just retarded

wtf are you smoking

I'm not baiting, it's basically the same ideas as an FX cpu but with better ips, I'm not hating AMD, I use AMD, but it's kinda silly to hate on FX but drool over ryzen just because 7 years of ipc gains.

I'm justing hoping they keep updating things and don't stick with AM4 for 6 years like they did with AM3+.

>ips
ipc**

>just because 7 years of ipc gains
If it's so easy, where's your high-performance x86 CPU core?

wtf mang are you retarded

Attached: shit son.jpg (417x667, 40K)

and this is why you guys reading this shouldn't be doing drugs

Ryzen is shit. How can an eight-core CPU be worse than a six-core one which uses a 10 year old arch?

Imagine being this retarded

>a cpu with CMT+housefire core clocks to compensate for reduced IPC
>the same ideas as a design with full SMT and the execution units to match, but can't clock as high

Attached: 1518230549634.gif (320x320, 240K)

I'm trying to figure out what rules this thread is breaking but I'm not sure. Is blatantly lying against the rules?

OP IS A FAGGOT

then you're just retarded. Zen is nothing like Bulldozer, there are no modules and it's an SMT arch instead of CMT

The way they went about RYZEN to get 8 cores is excellent, but the concept where you have 8 cores, maybe not as good as intel but 8 of them so performs better in this multithreaded age, is the same.

No u.

Is it just me or do others notice AMDrones always give off this vibe of desperation?

Attached: 25343FC0-F4A3-4AD3-9440-187F4A53634B.jpg (1200x500, 76K)

btw Ryzen is a high clock design as well, it's just limited by the shitty GloFo mobile process

I'm not being desperate, I just think if games only could use 2-4 cores noways like they did in 2011 we'd be shitting on ryzen too because it's physics score would be terrible.

MUH GAMES

Higher clocks on Ryzen is unlikely. My Ryzen 6 1600X gets very power-hungry and hot if I push the clocks. I just run it at stock settings, that's fast enough for me. AMD would have released chips with higher stock clocks if they could. But they can't. You really do need ln2 to run the new Ryzen2 CPUs at 6 GHz (which you can do).

>process limited

You make no sense at all. Try reading a book, and then come back.

Attached: modern processor design.png (605x757, 380K)

At least FX8xx don't have ME/PSP botnet

I'm not hating on FX or RYZEN, but multithreading has made FX8300 shine as a budget part and made RYZEN awesome, so it's stupid for the tech press to love ryzen and shit on FX for 6 years wen they're both moar cores.

this is b8

>Ivy Bridge ipc but has moar coars
Ryzen has highest IPC on x86 platform at the moment, stop smoking what you're smoking

>I'm justing hoping they keep updating things and don't stick with AM4 for 6 years like they did with AM3+

Attached: I+love+the+brainlet+meme.jpg (588x823, 62K)

and now with zen+ AMD is about 3% behind intel IPC wise.

Attached: ryzen_vs_coffee_lake_chart.png (800x450, 400K)

>Apart from the tdp being higher, I don't think FX did anything wrong
That's because you're a fucking moron.

ITT: OP was proven to have suffered a stroke.

How am I a moron? the thing crushes the sandy and Ivy i5 in multi core scenarios if you do more than muh games, and costs less.

|
|>
|

>posting creepy ass silhouettes
I'm an AMD guy, pham.

>it's rly gud for 1 fing!
Exactly, it's shit for everything else. FX is outdated trash that shouldn't even be mentioned anymore.

to be honest, it really fucking doesn't. a sandy/ivy bridge i7 wipes the floor with even the fx 9590.

That was the haswell 4770 that crushed the 9590, the FX hung in there for a while, as devs got off their ass and games starting being multithreaded

>I'm justing hoping they keep updating things and don't stick with AM4 for 6 years like they did with AM3+.
Holy shit
>Being this retarded

>it's basically the same thing, but better in every way
omg it's terrible!

you realize a pentium 2 is the same idea as a 8700K but better?
moar coreaz more ipc

>Needs to be clocked to 5.5 to get 60 more points above the R7 1700

Ge user, it's not like they did this exactly one cpu generation ago.

Ang yes, they need to keeps updating the cpus, even if it takes updating the socket, because when AMD stagnates, intel start doing dumb ass shit like the 6950X where it's $1800 and isn't much better than their last one, and not improving their ipc much since sandy bridge.

There is no reason to make a new socket right now

Intel is, just for the hell of it.
Z390 is only months away.

Yes user, but what about in 2-3 years? even when FX was being sold at bargain prices and it was a good deal, it was still old as hell, you can't compete with intel and be doing that shit, look how much cool shit intel's been forced to do to stay competitive, 6 core i5 on the mainstream platform, that's huge, they've been sitting on that for years just because they don't have to sell it and they want you to by an enthusiast chipset, when AMD stays competitive and itnel has to do something, things like the intel core 2 duo are made.

the inevitable end of moores law is what leads to better multicore utilisation, not your silly ideas

OK then, where is your proof? 'cause you have just been spouting nonsensical anecdotal "evidence". As a self confessed AMD supporter, your views are delusional.

>Has round 50-60 % more IPC
>Almost matches Coffee Lake, on par with Kabylake IPC wise

>ipc on the cores was inferior to intel like is still is with RYZEN, but you had more of them, so it throws blows with intel.
You can buy an 8 core ryzen...

are you still in 2015 pre-Zen rumours?

AM4 is supported until 2020, which will likely signal the transition to DDR5.

>go from shit to something pretty good
WOW SUCH GAINS

You sure user?

Attached: ipc.png (679x799, 55K)

>Is literally FX 2.0

why is Jow Forums so retarded

OP is not from Jow Forums. He fucking stinks of those FX fags from plebbit

>AM4 is supported until 2020, which will likely signal the transition to DDR5

Good, I'm not planning on upgrading my desktop until around 2020 anyways. I'll just skip DDR4 completely, might upgrade my GPU and swap out my 4690k for a 4790k at some point though before then.

Well 2020 would still be DDR4, it's 2021 that will be Zen3 and DDR5 if everything stays on track.

It's pitiful that the 4790K is only 15% worse on that cinebench R15 single than a 7740X when that's a 4 year older CPU.

I hate amd because i got memed into an fx cpu but ryzen is actually ok. But i still hate them and wont buy their shit because i had too many bad experiences in the past with them

>2700X 2% behind the 8700K
>2600X 4% behind the 8600
Wow, it's fucking nothing.

Well, I can probably get by with my current setup until then. I don't play games as much as I used to so having a cutting edge gaymen pc isn't as much of a priority to me as it once was.

By swapping the 4690k for a 4790k I'll get 8 threads instead of just 4 for around a $70-$80 price difference buying and selling them on ebay. That'll make a huge difference in multithreaded applications. Then if I swap the GTX 770 out for something newer in the next couple of years this build should easily last me until 2021+.

>an eight-core CPU is behind a six-core CPU
>a HT CPU is behind a non-HT CPU
>being okay
AMDrones everybody

>IPC / Single Thread

you're not very bright are you?

Did I just time travelled?

Sure it's nothing, but Ryzen doesn't have the highest IPC for x86 like you stated.
>W8 4 Zen2/Ryzen 3XXX

>not waiting until 2025 when the FX-8350 finally gets fully utilized and smokes everything

Attached: 1523433903969.jpg (1038x1000, 140K)

You can thank Brian for that

Attached: 1493901673643.png (1002x1480, 1.25M)

No, Zen 3 is 2020. So expect DDR5 on the uarch after Zen

Attached: x86_to_2020.jpg (2618x924, 298K)

What really fucked with the FX was having half of the floating point units.

Will never happen... zen2 is going to clock just as high + same core count + better IPC

It's a joke, 8350 is already leveraged and I still like mine.

My minimal Linux setup on my FX-8350 has actually become a lot snappier once I got Firefox Quantum on there. I can run 200+ tabs, tons of background daemons, multithreaded compile jobs, and the fans don't even get loud.

Could be worse.

Attached: 4.25.jpg (611x606, 67K)

>tfw it can be this much worse

Attached: single core.png (420x422, 65K)

Thats why you don't get an FX. My Phenom did 180 on 4 GHz.

This CPU is just sick. Just buy a 2600 or 2700 depending on your needs and money. I think everyone can afford a Ryzen with a bit of saving. Do you live in Africa?

Attached: ram.jpg (2101x1439, 344K)

2nd rig was
>Ryzen 1700 - 250 €
>2x 4 GB - ~45 € on a local market site
>ASUS Prime B350 - 60 €

Yes, EIGHT cores for under 400 €. You could save another 160 € with a 2200G.

I'm in Cali, I've got the dough for a PC mate board and ryzen, it's just my 990FX rig still performs so decently for daily use, also I would want a nice X470 taichi board or something with good VRMs, so I'll have to save.

Uma delicia

>It's a joke
I could tell from the pepe

I just wanted to be autistic :^)

>>Ivy Bridge ipc but has moar coars
>ipc meme
>shits all over intel on 4ghz in single core
>literally more instructions at lower clock
>still clinging to ipc meme

Face it nigger Intel is technologically inferior.They thought Sandy Bridge was so good they didnt need to work anymore and they were dieshrimking the same exact chip for 6 years.
Now they are 6 years behind and they will stay there until Keller develops a new arch for them which will be another 5 years.

But then its your fault. I bought the Crosshair for my maximum OC rig, but my HTPC runs underclocked, still 90 % of the performance and 75 % of the single core, runs well on a Prime B350 ('shitty' VRMs).

A 8350 is OK for daily use, maybe even LoL, I could play this on my Phenom I used for a few weeks when I sold my Intel rig prior to the Zen+ launch. But thats all, if I wanted to play PUBG on it, it would deliver around 10-35 FPS. The FX is a bit faster, but still too weak to deliver anything that comes near the 60 mark...

Just for your IPC meme, here my old 5820K at 4.2 GHz. Ivy Bridge IPC is somewhere around 450-60 on the same clock.

Attached: unknown.png (611x606, 113K)

>using cpuz for benching

Attached: 10-10_jewess7.jpg (1920x1080, 174K)

466 on my old [email protected]
valid.x86.fr/sy0mj8

If you're using a based Gigabyte AM3+ mobo, it'll let you use four cores with ipc better than a phenom, at 4.4GHz my 8350 with four cores on 4 fpus performs like a phenom X6 1045T on 6 cores.

youtube.com/watch?v=_gs5eioB6H4

Attached: Cinebench One Core per CU.png (1920x1200, 1.21M)

>1045T
Whoops he was using a 1055T and it got the same score I get with 4 cores.

Its OK Cinebench isn't different
Sounds even worse then
The 8350 has better clocks
Still far from any modern CPU

Attached: cinebench.jpg (1454x1021, 184K)

Phenom II on AM2+

Attached: cinebench2wsiy.jpg (3840x2117, 402K)

FX is kinda shit admittedly, but at least we have the option of cranking 4 core 4 FPUs up to 4.8 or 5GHz, the TDP may be as high as 8c 4 FPUs at stock but it will hang there.

>only 115 points single core in R15
Feels Bad man. Cant even claim multi-threaded anymore, not when this E5-2690 struggles to get above 1130 and comes around with a score of almost 1900 w/ the same number of cores/threads.

Speaking of which, someone here with either generation of 8c Ryzen, Could you do me a favor and run cinebench with your CPU at 3.3?

that pic lol!
>have shitty cpus
>make something decent
>LOOK how much of an improvement!
>mean while our competitors are just re-releasing cpus each year with minor performance boosts
this is even more ironic when you consider that now ryzen does the same thing with zen+ and so on.

Bitch please

Attached: untitled-2(5).png (682x798, 39K)

what is this supposed to show?

>tfw a 4690k corelet
What is DDR4 like bros?

>ryzen does the same thing with zen+
didn't they get the same clocks but at stupidly lower voltages?
I'd also mention they are still soldering but to be fair just because company A is fucking their customers red raw and company B is kind enough to use some lube doesn't make company B the good guy just the lesser evil guy

Winfag says what?

>didn't they get the same clocks but at stupidly lower voltages?
Sure, they made it more efficient.

>I'd also mention they are still soldering but to be fair just because company A is fucking their customers red raw and company B is kind enough to use some lube doesn't make company B the good guy just the lesser evil guy
isn't deliding and using liquid metal better performance wise than soldering? (ignoring the fact it's more hassle and more costly)

>All Processors clocked to 3.5Ghz static frequency
>h-hey guys an underclocked, non stock coffee lake CPU is only beating us by a few percentage points!
the state of AMDrones everybody

>Sure, they made it more efficient.

Effeciency doesn't matter!

damn intel is so dead

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I think that has been tested, the 3-4C it offers is not worth the effort and risk

Still going strong

Attached: 4770K_4.5Ghz.jpg (503x502, 51K)