So Zotac support told me to screw off for my RMA

A couple days ago, I was trying out my new 1060 6gb mini, brand new out of the box, and noticed that the card wasn't displaying anything to my monitor, no matter what port I used. So I went and registered the card on there website then submitted an RMA to them but have no proof of purchase as it was a gift from my grandmother who passed away earlier in April. I told them it was a gift and that I couldn't get a proof of purchase and now they're telling me that I can't do anything since it's "second hand." I'm really disappointed in Zotac and most likely will not purchase anything in the future if this is how they treat these situations.

Attached: 1490066077678.gif (256x256, 458K)

Cool

Make a stink on reddit and/or twitter, I'm sure you'll get it sorted

Nigger if you have no proof of purchase they don't have to do jackshit. You could have stolen it for all they know.

Get the receipt from whoever bought it for you, or ask them to return it for you.

Your card isnt likely broken you are probably just dumb

They're fucking dead, at least read it.

Ok "Mr.Elite."

She probably got it from bestbuy. Go there and get them to give you a receipt from their rewards account she likely used. I access fsmily members rewards accounts all the time and just say that its me

Whatever happened to the good old days when the box barcode counted as a proof of purchase?

The internet happened.

"Box for sale: $5."

I've never heard of this Zotac company before but this does sound pretty shitty. I know some companies will require a receipt but there's also many who do not. I've RMAd some parts over the years by serial number alone. Retailers do tend to require a receipt - which isn't a problem for me since I buy online and they've got the sale in their records. But vendors don't more often than not in my experience, specially if it's a newer product.

Ya gran-grand got ya miner card.

Perhaps a stupod question but
did you install the video card drivers

Every GPU supports at least Microsoft's generic display driver or Mesa so your screen will never be blank even if you haven't installed any drivers.

>and noticed that the card wasn't displaying anything to my monitor, no matter what port I used.

i bought a new machine last year and when i plugged my monitor into the hdmi port, it displayed a message: "Your video card has no power". it was nice of them to include that feature. opened the case and the video card power supply hadn't been connected. the connectors were right there; they just hadn't been plugged in.

consider it.

Zotac are a scumbag chink company NEVER buy from them.
That said pretty much no company will honor warranty if you don't have proof of purchase.

>Buy shitty secondhand GPU
>Be surprised when it does not work

Attached: 1521624657630.png (396x396, 613K)

Could be black screen of death symptoms is when logon after windows logo display goes blank or powersaving, now op need tested gpu with different pc.

>brand new out of the box
>secondhand
Do you even read? The quotation marks mean that it obviously isn't second handed, it's what the chink company thinks it is.

I've even tried that to see if it would make the display at least respond but nothing.

Does your pc make any beeping sounds when booting? Did you put it in correctly? Did you clean the slot of dust? Did you do any sort of troubleshooting before just declaring the card to be dead?

This is why you buy from EVGA, it costs more for a reason.

I'm wondering if they've set the new card as the display device in the BIOS. With an old ASRock board i had, when I changed the video card the damn thing defaulted back to onboard only because it didn't detect my old gpu which had been set as the only display device.

I feel like if it were dead his computer would be going apeshit with POST beeps, so it would seem to me that the card is either not seated properly or it's being detected just fine but isn't being used by the system.

Give it back jamal