Cloudflare DNS

Anyone else utilizing cloudflare's DNS service?
>1.1.1.1
>blog.cloudflare.com/dns-resolver-1-1-1-1/
Any noticeable difference as of yet?

Attached: 1.1.1.1.gif (1989x589, 2.4M)

Other urls found in this thread:

grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Was using Google Botnet all 8s.
Switched to Cloudflare all 1s.
My computer is a touch faster online.
YMMV.

I cant tell if these threads are actual shills or false flags...

In which regards?

I've been using it for about 3 weeks now
Internet is definitely 'snappier' now

I'd say shills. Like solus posting.

nope. the query time is much slower than 4.2.2.2 for me. Also I cache DNS so my query time for everything I actually visit is 0ms

Google is actually far far superior for me and its shows when I browse Internet

Attached: Untitled.png (420x712, 34K)

I would have never thought to ping the dns; Google's is 8ms faster on my end. I'll have to read more into their privacy policy

Its privacy policy is not so good and here take this tool lil one grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

Attached: 1518837389184.jpg (478x456, 50K)

Yeah, I'm reading their privacy policy and it looks quite cancerous. I may utilize their DNS on my PlayStation though.

Don't if diff is like 8ms. Just don't. In world on DNS 8ms is next to none and it may change depending on time of the day

>Jow Forums - nu-Jow Forums and tech illiterates
ping time's irrelevant.

Totally why not you use japan servers then. I linked some tools to overcome if he's choosing btw some giant corp and some local isp… So here you look more " tech illiterate" and social

Attached: 1462755108917.jpg (549x465, 63K)

Why would anyone use this over their own ISP's designated DNS?

True, plus I was thinking, "That's only the time it takes for me to connect to them, not how long it takes them to connect me to the outside world." Hopefully they're able to help me reach websites faster. I know TPB and a few of the streaming sites I generally use are way faster now, and I feel more secure while browsing them.

Privacy, Censorship

Sorry for horrible English was doing too many things together

I didn't get on your case, don't stress about it. I got what you meant.

>can't trust Google DNS
>can't trust ISP DNS
>can't trust cloudflare DNS
????????

Cloudflare's privacy policy seems the most reasonable.

My RTT for Google's DNS is a bit faster, which surprised me since I live in NYC and expected it to be about the same for both. I still use Cloudflare's though because 1) my router caches everything anyway and 2) it supports DNS over TLS (now if we could just eliminate the SNI leak...)

Root servers? If you can't trust them, you shouldn't be on the internet.

I get a faster response from Google's DNS 8.8.8.8 at 3ms whereas 1.1.1.1 takes 5ms.
I prolly won't switch.

can't you just make your own

Run your own.
DNS is inherently a centralized protocol system, you're ultimately getting everything from one of 13 top level servers, the rest is just a matter of whether or not you trust the server you talk to:
A) Not to mine your data (Google sure as fuck does this)
B) Not to mine your data and redirect your to shady shit (Your ISP sure as fuck does this)
C) Not filter unpleasant websites (Cloudflare, with a sole exception that the CEO has already made a point of addressing to never, ever do again, does not do this)

Just get an rpi and run your own DNS

>can't trust one of the 13 top level servers
o-kay

This thread is up every time I visit Jow Forums.
I'm starting to think this is advertising.

Considering I'm OP, and I rarely make threads on Jow Forums, no? It's just my own curiosity about how other's people's setup is.

Centralized control over information fundamentally cannot be trusted

Attached: Untitled2.png (540x88, 3K)

I set my router to it and the Xbox networking test on Windows failed. I think it's blocked.

>Jow Forumsnu-

You may have to restart the device and clear your dns cache
>ipconfig /flushdns

Your ISP might block it if they love censorship, or it might be misrouted if they're so incompetent that they treated 1.1.1.0/24 as a private subnet

I can browse the Internet just fine. It's solely they Xbox live test in Windows settings

Attached: cloudflare.png (300x300, 352K)

>privacy

Attached: muhhttps-fs8.png (300x300, 9K)