/hpg/ - Anime Headphones General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/YyH02Mgd

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Prev:

Attached: public-news-tmp-77017-ciyg7zxwiaahrcy--default--600.jpg (600x450, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Headset-Buddy-MoovMic-Detachable-Microphone/dp/B00DLKX7BK/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1525229847&sr=8-15&keywords=mod mic#customerReviews
bestbuy.com/site/master-dynamic-mh30-on-ear-headphones-gunmetal-black-leather/5863100.p?skuId=5863100
klipsch.com/products/heritage-headphone-amplifier
youtube.com/watch?v=eWMbBC0OUw4
youtube.com/watch?v=YPKwDs3z6K8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's a cheap dac that will improve the sound of my moto e4+ for my ath m40x?

>Anime Headphones General
>not anime pic

Attached: 1498807702779.png (540x779, 433K)

Are you implying 3D can't be anime?

he's implying you are a shit OP

Fitting for such a shitty general. Consistency's the key, my fellow user :^)

>When the footfags get BTFO again with their shit thread
Kek. Looks like you're stuck with me, lads

Attached: Korby.png (204x179, 8K)

what's a good headphone?

My Corsair Vengeance Headset died after a couple years of heavy gaming use. Can anyone recommend a good headset with a built in mic? I'm not going to do the whole hybrid thing, because it doesn't work, and you have to buy shit from china

>I'm not going to do the whole hybrid thing, because it doesn't work, and you have to buy shit from china
wut
Also I think the only headset that is accepted around here is the hyperx clouds, still getting a decent set of headphones and a separate mic is always better. Also check pastebin in op and fill out form if you actually want help.

Is picking up a refurbished M40X a good idea?

that pic made me laugh IRL, ty
>that smug face
>that smug slogan
not an autismal audiophile like probably most of you, I chimed in just to share this
happy placebo everyone

I think I'll just get one of these, ditch the magnet and use a velcro pad.

amazon.com/Headset-Buddy-MoovMic-Detachable-Microphone/dp/B00DLKX7BK/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1525229847&sr=8-15&keywords=mod mic#customerReviews

Heyy, I'm a ff but I thought the OP was pretty funny like this guy How are AKG K1000's, by the way?

Attached: __headphone_musume_drawn_by_otakubeam__c75c25befc01d68270950b688c11c018.jpg (500x500, 65K)

HD600 even have better anime girls.

Attached: 1510970778160.jpg (1073x1593, 692K)

STAX are better still

Attached: staxfu.jpg (3840x2400, 1.57M)

Why can't us sennheiser and stax owners be frens? We should be teaming up together to purge discord scum

Attached: frens.jpg (1024x518, 83K)

>and fill out form if you actually want help
But I already have a pair of headphones, I need a headset with a mic.

Attached: __kawashima_ami_and_kushieda_minori_toradora_drawn_by_panties_pantsu_pirate__39d3391efc545b02c75ad71 (1000x640, 264K)

dead general

die discord scum

friendly reminder that all your conversations on discord have been logged and is accessible by whomever wants them

Attached: D9BA3EC5-1FA9-4E5A-9D88-8A310D9D3A88.jpg (426x960, 40K)

ATH-AD900X OTW

Attached: Its+the+fuzz+book+it+_8fd7019dee93a12aecab362ac81d6b79.png (326x196, 55K)

Soontm

Attached: aaaaa4.png (560x625, 216K)

At least tell me where the fuck should I ask, please.

Chord Mojo

Realtalk, buy better headphones and learn to use neutron player's parametric EQ. A DAC/amp isn't necessary in your situation.

stop giving your hard earned shekels to the dac/amp kikes and buy better IEMs/headphones/EQ

>have AK240
>buy two 400gb SD cards with it
>initially plan to swap SD cards so that I can have most of my music library
>spend hours syncing and adding songs
>test the waters to see how the AK handles sd swapping
>refuses to acknowledge sd card swap
>decides to format main sd with in a matter of minutes despite taking over 4 hours to sync
>spend another 8 hours syncing
>reads card fine
>finish syncing everything to second card
>reads it fine
>put primary card back in
>ak refuses to read it says it damaged
>card reads fine on mac
>make a back up of it
>format card
>spend another 5 hours syncing it
>can see the music just fine
>ak says there's nothing even there somehow formatted the card in a mere second
>take the card out and check second card
>it somehow got fucking formatted
>waiting for primary to sync again
>all this despite properly mounting nad ejecting every time

So the lesson here is the AK doesn't like swapping cards at all guess I'm gonna just have to settle with 400 gb SD card and the 256 internal

At this point I'm ready to throw the fucking thing in the trash, how the fuck does it take hours to sync 400gb but only seconds to undo it.

the lesson here is not to be an itoddler

Attached: 1489964409063.jpg (851x714, 80K)

windows was showing duplcates of every song and
then refused to even see the SD card so I had to run the first aid on mac.

I guess constantly trying to read 400gb worth of music and update the library is just to much.

So a dac won't improve much considering the phone and headphones I'm talking about. I won't spend more on headphones, I was just wondering if some cheap dac would make a difference.
Now I'm curious. At what moment would a dac for the phone or a dap be necessary? Or you wouldn't think of it as long as you're using headphones that don't require an amp?

stop using windows as well

>I spent over $20 on my headphones

Attached: tips.png (474x432, 331K)

I think you should just give up on using technology and join a luddite colony, clearly the modern world is not for you.
If your headphones don't get loud enough, you need an amp. If there's buzzing or pops from your source, you need a DAC. If you want peace of mind, you can get a combo even if you don't have the above two issues.

Excellent. I don't have any of those problems and no complaints at all really. I was worried the smartphone internal dac was actually decreasing the headphones sound quality by a considerable amount without me even knowing.

in what regard, how could I hvae known that trying to interchange 800gb worth of music was a bad idea.

In hindsight I didn't think it over...

MH40s

>not the original ath-ad900

Attached: IMG_20180322_175242766.jpg (2340x4160, 2.68M)

bestbuy.com/site/master-dynamic-mh30-on-ear-headphones-gunmetal-black-leather/5863100.p?skuId=5863100

Worth $150?

Attached: 5863100_sd.jpg (518x1000, 108K)

no

fuck no

yes, buy it

Look at this. Take it in.

Attached: Front_off_stand.jpg (1500x1125, 142K)

Is my giant head supposed to be able to fit in there somewhere?

400gb of music is a lot, your AK has probably less than 10 hours battery life. Think back when you had one discman with a mp3cdr? Or even less?? What about 120mn cassettes? I use 32gb on my screenless dap desu

Attached: mmexport1524512692643.jpg (960x960, 79K)

Did I do good, Jow Forums?

Attached: 20180502_143025.jpg (4032x3024, 3.47M)

he has schizophrenia?

I know it's not headphones, but any lads know of a good, LOUD, bluetooth radio? I work in a factory with exhaust fans 20 feet above my head and a fan pointed at me, the guy next to me, and the guy next to him while the leak tester hisses and the welder makes chomping metal and plastic suctiony sounds.
It technically needs to be an FM radio too because they don't want us using god damn Milwaukee radios because assholes check their phones inside of them, even though the Milwaukee radio is literally what I want... and have.
I wish they would just say how loud it plays. The factory is like 88 decibels, so I need 110 at least to hear it 10 feet away. Not only that but even a little louder so I can turn down the loud songs I play and turn up the quieter ones.
I tried the shitty Axess speakers. The old version worked great, then it died, the new one is quieter, and also almost died when it fell off the table. And I just bought the Pyle PBMSPG50 Street Vibe. The radio is loud enough but somehow the bluetooth is quiet, weirdly the aux and plugging in my MP3 is louder.

tl;dr I need a LOUD bluetooth speaker that's also an FM radio.

What Bottle head crack is worth it?

Attached: 8ffbaacc.jpg (650x488, 53K)

Report your workplace to OSHA

88 Might have been wrong.
It is loud though, it's a factory. I forget what the general sustained decibel level of an industrial workplace is. It might have been 70. And after reading how decibels work and that the next 10 decibels is twice as loud as the one before I think I should throw out the whole decibel count thing.
All I know is my last 2 radios aren't loud enough. I can wear earplugs too. They help a lot since they cancel out the white noise better than other noises like people talking, or music. I can really hear better with them in but the downside is not really knowing how loud you're talking since your own voice is also a lot louder to yourself with them in. Not that you asked, but there ya go.

i wonder how many spiders can fit inside those

Why are there so few audiophile headphones with ear cups that don't have shitty pleather on the padding?

Are there any workout boys? I need some Bluetooth earbuds that are actually good, but not terribly expensive. Pls give advice, I don't wanna have to go to fit

Old headphone: HD558
New headphone: DT990 pro

Definitely a step up, such clarity!, I had my doubts because they weren't very neutral, but I am in fucking love with them, holy hell, they're tempting me to go beyond, but it will have to wait until I upgrade my computer.

In any case, what's the next logical upgrade from DT990? Is there even a noticeable step up anymore?

germanfag here looking for some headphones for electro/retrowave music and podcasts. They should be closed so I can go about my business

heres the template filled out:

>Budget
50€ max
>Location
Germany, got no probs buying on amazon
>Source
Smartphone, HTC One
>Type of headphone
Should fit over both ears, I used in-ear for years now and want a change.
>Open or closed
Don't know. I use them on the way to work and while doing loud work, so I guess closed.
>Comfort level
They should not hurt after wearing them for 2+ hours.
>Sound signature
I mostly hear electronic music and podcasts.. What fits best?
>Past headphones
These should be the ones: SoundMAGIC E10 Red

budget raised to 100€ if you can recommend really good ones

They are garbage

is tyll /ourguy/?

Attached: Capture.png (1895x880, 1.89M)

what's the meme headphones I see posted alot, they're in ear and are called 'shure' or some shid
also what's a decent upgrade for my soundmagic e10c and what's the deal with the rock zircon meme?

shure se215?

My friend is in need of some bluetooth headphones for two days time. We're abroad so our options aren't fantastic. We've seen a pair of AKG Y50 Pink for 695 RMB. I know the price is going to be bad and bluetooth, but are they reasonable considering the circumstances?

>shure se215
дa этo
Why are these so popular outside of looking cool? I'm about to do my own research but i'd like a brief gestalt 'please'

popular because of memes

the mee m6 pro is better and cheaper

>been using BA IEMs for 4 years
>tried multiple cans in $50-$1000 range in the shop
>sound is noticeably distorted in all of them
Wow, I forgot they were THIS shitty. So much for "flat frequency response".

Attached: 15a.jpg (590x419, 171K)

the perfect dac/amp

yeee or nah?

Attached: Capture.png (1393x782, 724K)

>mee m6 pro
hmm not better according to what hi-fi
hell of a lot cheaper though
any reccs as to what I can replace my soundmagic e10c with? I feel as if I want a bit more clarity and bass
>inb4 clarity AND bass

Alright it turned out they weren't Bluetooth and the Bluetooth ones were 1129RMB and WhatHiFi siad they were the best under £200 wireless ones of 2015

• Budget - Around £180

• Source - Phone (S5) occasionally, main use will be Desktop Gaming in FPS like R6 siege

• Requirements for Isolation - Decent isolation commuting, not annoying girlfriend etc

• Will you be using these Headphones in Public? - Yes, public transport

• Preferred Type of Headphone - Separate mic & headphones. Closed as I want to use them in public

• Preferred tonal balance - Bass focused but performance for FPS prefereed

• Past headphones - Ear buds and cheap gaming headsets (

dead general

Recommend me some headphone and amp combos. Want a set for listening to stuff in my library, already have a set of neutral-sounding headphones and speakers for audio mixing at my studio setup and just want something that looks cool for casual listening.

Attached: Heritage-Headphone-Amp-5.jpg (2000x1250, 518K)

Why not your. pic related

You should just go into a store and try out the headphones, there's not enough information here.

Thinking about demoing them. Look pretty enough.

Attached: 169862.3.jpg (1200x1200, 306K)

HD650 have even better anime girls.

Attached: 1420500164221.jpg (2560x1600, 541K)

I got this in my mail today and im loving this little peace of metal. My only concern, will it be powerful enough for hd6xx from massdrop?

Attached: IMG_20180502_161445.jpg (4160x3120, 1.39M)

headphone noob here

im about to buy a AKG K553 and im wondering if its possible to remove the headband and replace it when it gets worn over time

anyone with expertise?

Get that shit out of the headphone topic. Those are EAR SPEAKERS.

They are garbage

2ded to answer?

>Max Output: 100mW (32-ohm loaded)
wew lad, I'm gonna say no.

Those are ear speakers with a piss filter over the image. Why did someone do that to it? That is vile.
Pic related are ear speakers.

Attached: stax.jpg (2000x1523, 1.17M)

They are garbage

He's too complimentary of headphones. We need a guy who roasts half the shit that's paddled into his hands.

>Why not your. pic related
Can't find the Klipsch DAC/Amp -anywhere- anymore. Also it seems highly likely that the thing is "just" a Fostex HP-A4BL in a new box. Very similar size and layout, basically the same functions. The headphones are probably something rebadged as well.

>not liking EAR SPEAKERS

Attached: Malvalve-6-690x700.jpg (690x700, 72K)

They sell it on their website, user
klipsch.com/products/heritage-headphone-amplifier
Pretty comparably priced to the Fostex t b h

So I am looking for a direct upgrade to Oculus Rift headphones, does this exist for under 120 dollars? Open back are the only real choice, for accurate audio in VR and I do listen to music, prefer neutral sound for the this is what I made it for audio experience.

I don't think he has the time to roast hundreds of headphones when he is busy trying to find pairs he likes.

youtube.com/watch?v=eWMbBC0OUw4

oh just saw the "available to backorder" notice, whoops

Actually the Klipsch DAC/Amp might actually be worse than the Fostex HP-A4BL. It's got the Fostex's balanced XLR out, but weirdly the power in on the back is just a 5V like on the unbalanced Fostex HP-A4, not 12V like the on HP-A4BL, suggesting that the balanced output which on the HP-A4BL is much stronger than the unbalanced output, will be weaker on the Klipsch.

And honestly, the Fostex looks nearly as classy as the Klipsch, maybe even more so because it's less kitschy. Only downside is I've heard that the rear line out is unbalanced in case you wanna use it as a DAC for a balanced tube amp, but at $450 you're hard strapped for balanced DAC/Amps to begin with so it's just a minor complaint.

Attached: Fostex_HP-A4BL_TR-70_TR-80_soundex_ru_10_2016_1.jpg (770x538, 63K)

Do onboard PC soundcards sound better than phone amps?

>i can hear things you people wouldn't believe

Is this an add for Schizophrenia treatment via headphones/media player?

>Fostex HP-A4BL
>[PHONES BALANCED] terminal
>Connector :XLR (4-pin)
>Maximum output :300mW or more (32 ohm)

>PHONE UNBALANCED] terminal
>Connector :1/4" stereo jack
>Maximum output :150mW or more (32 ohm)

wew lad, can you tell me why people pay $450 for this thing?

youtube.com/watch?v=YPKwDs3z6K8

What's the very first song? I need to know the very first song. PLEASE!

Attached: main-qimg-e787a37ba86c61a7328926479957a3e6.png (602x339, 148K)

You try finding me a balanced DAC/Amp with PCM, DSD, rear outs and all those useful buttons for a similar price.

Hard mode: Not Chinese.