>OpenBSD
Secure
>DragonflyBSD
Fast
>NetBSD
"Portable"
>FreeBSD
Deprecated

How are you enjoying your PF router and HAMMER NAS, Jow Forums?

Attached: DbieEuGVMAADRci.jpg:large.jpg (1024x768, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vez.mrsk.me/freebsd-defaults.txt
warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=A few years ago, OpenBSD was actually in danger of shutting down
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Actually, I enjoy my FreeBSD desktop. Not as much as I'd enjoy an OpenBSD desktop, though.

My NAS is actually Debian with BtrFS RAID10 because all BSDs suck crusty butthole on 64 bit ARM. I do love my pfSense router.

OpenBSD is a meme
>Filesystem
default FS doesn't even support SSD TRIM, and I don't think OpenBSD supports anything modern like ZFS or BTRFS.
>Security
"Only two remote holes in the default install!!!!!!!"
Yay!
I hope you realize that this literally only applies to a base system install with absolutely no packages added. In other words, not exactly representative or meaningful towards... anything really
>Sustainability
A few years ago, OpenBSD was actually in danger of shutting down because they couldn't keep the fucking lights on. How could anyone see this as a system they could rely on, when it could be in danger of ending at any time?
>Standards-compliance
"B-But OpenBSD is written in strictly standards-compliant C! Clearly that's better than muh GNU virus!"
So you're not allowed to create extensions to the standard? You should only implement the standard and nothing more? Keep in mind that this is nothing like EEE, as the GNU extensions are Free Software, with freely available source code, as opposed to proprietary shite. People should be allowed to innovate and improve things.
If you're gonna be anal about standards-compliance, then why let people make their own implementations anyway? Why not have the standards organizations make one C implementation and force everyone to use it?

Attached: thicc.jpg (442x293, 28K)

Like clockwork

This is a terrible pasta

>I don't think OpenBSD supports
Why don't you actually google and find out?

>OpenBSD is a meme
you're the meme.

HAMMER NAS? The new release of DragonFly did not even fucking boot after install.

I'm sticking to OpenBSD and FreeBSD for now. I want to like DFly but it's not anywhere near production ready. They have barely maintained any documentation since the FreeBSD fork. They don't have binary security updates, they don't even have security advisories.

It's a toy/research OS.

>cuck license

Fricken love BSD I daily macOS.

This is your daily reminder to boycott FreeBSD. Leave it for faggots like Bruce and Benno to destroy.

Attached: 332873.png (1540x1231, 254K)

Wow, you're really bitter about being stuck in your moms basement and not being able to contribute meaningfully to society, aren't you.

Trannies and political insanity are not the only reasons to avoid FreeBSD.

vez.mrsk.me/freebsd-defaults.txt

It's also an absolute shitshow in terms of security -- stuck in the 1990s era with no exploit mitigations and very insecure default settings. All their donation money is going to "diversity" instead of technical improvements.

Default FS doesn't support TRIM, correct. It's also not needed on most modern SSDs. Wear leveling is handled in the firmware, even on the cheapest Chinese junk.

Two holes in the default install is a lot less than Linux or Windows or any other OS. It is worth something when you compare it to the alternatives.

Check openbsdfoundation.org for the yearly donations. I think they've currently got over $200,000 in the bank after the 2017 spending report. Doesn't seem like they're going anywhere to me.

OpenBSD has broken POSIX compliance when it was needed, such as when random(3) and friends didn't actually return cryptographically safe random numbers. Compliance is a good thing for portability (linux benefits too) but it's not absolute.

Are people who post stuff like this 15 years old or do they genuinely think reposting misinformation is le epic hilarious troll?

zfs is an unmaintainable mess, zfs on linux is downright dangerous, freebsd pseudo reference implementation even sucks the dick, no holes in the default install means i can deploy it and just leave it there without running the risk of an aneurysm every time there's a big ass flaw in whatever i'm running and not to mention majority openbsd ports use pledge so there's a bit of extra security there (plus forked x)

>tfw no aslr
>tfw freebsdgirl and the crew

Attached: leddit.gif (350x232, 461K)

>You must tow the ideological line for a bunch of people that no doubt are going to ruin a potentially useful project in order to promote their ideology instead of any actually worthwhile product, like Firefox did a few years back
There are valid reasons to stop using FreeBSD now since they've now shown they are more committed to virtue-signaling about "progress" instead of making commits to make a product that signals the virtue of actual competence, teamwork and reliability. Frankly, I would feel the same way if a bunch of Bible-thumpers were posting shit about how Bruce was changing his name to Obadiah instead of a bunch of soipeople. No wonder FreeBSD is such shit.

It's a pasta, mate. It's just a shit post.
warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=A few years ago, OpenBSD was actually in danger of shutting down

Linux needs competition.

>Default FS
OpenBSD and their filesystems. :^)

FreeBSD isn't. They're too busy playing with their CoC to do anything else than copy Linux.
Look elsewhere, like Dragonfly or OpenBSD.

Oh boy is transphobia a thing here.

Can OpenBSD read Linux RAID with luks? Can Linux read an OpenBSD RAID1?

When it comes to LUKS i think it's ok however the raid implementation between the two are totally different.

OpenBSD on my t440s. Feels great man.
>tfw half the packages I install on my freebsd workstation warn me about lack of maintainer now