This kills the linuxtard

>this kills the linuxtard

Attached: 1499458805350.png (800x800, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/3gm11
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa362928(v=vs.85).aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

streamable.com/3gm11

>python/ruby on windows is still shit

>takes 5 years to boot up
indeed, it kills the person using it by taking too long to do anything, wasting the user's time and not allowing him to do any work which in the end leads to the user not earning any money and starving to death

but this has nothing to offer over crossplatform IDEs except when it comes to niche languages like C++ and C#

Still no Bluetooth support for C#?

Attached: f522fe9a454f0bb8d08bd917057265d5.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>C++
>Niche

Attached: b58e7c3c5b8f91fd93e2b211e1e17d39953871ac_full.jpg (184x184, 6K)

If only it was any good.

Source: I use it at work and it's garbage. Fucking slow, and the editor component isn't even the best out of Microsoft (that's VS Code.) C# is a good programming language, but MSVS is shitware.

The only thing that really kills the freetard is obesity.

(((WRONG)))

>(((WRONG)))
prove it

and dont even mention that faggotry called WSL

You need a better computer, it's fairly snappy unless you're opening a solution with >20 projects, and even other IDEs i've used with fewer features are often slower (looking at eclipse and netbeans.)
Plenty of actual complaints like its uninstallers don't work, or the installer is fragile and breaks often, or the new 'live' account shit & activation, or that they keep fucking around with how msbuild is integrated and where it lives, or how versioning on VS/msbuild is a shitshow, etc.

just go to python dot org dot com and click the download button!
its so easy!

>and dont even mention the faggotry that just works
but why

>Expecting legitimate complaints from a retard on here who probably opened VS once and uninstalled it.

>just go to python dot org dot com and click the download button!
do you even read my first post?
>python/ruby on windows is still shit
you can use python on windows,but that does not mean python works well with windows

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa362928(v=vs.85).aspx

Attached: 1493421857957.gif (200x133, 929K)

I feel like everyone on Jow Forums pretends to know everything. What have you done that you can say that VS is the best IDE *and* that it "kills" everyone that doesn't use Windows? Let me tell you, fucking nothing, you're not qualified for this.
No one outside of MS unironically uses VS, game developers, which is the only *real* type of developers in the MS workspace use some other IDE like JetBrains because VS is the slowest piece of shit imaginable. Every other developer uses either (GNU/)Linux or MacOS.

>you have to use a compatibility layer to make a program work well with the OS
why

anyone who uses .NET uses VS, seems like some people like ASP.NET, .NET MVC, etc.

IDE's are for faggots

Since mono became cross-platform, it doesn't matter. Also, who the fuck actually uses .NET?

Attached: 1494905133698.jpg (600x900, 187K)

Attached: carl1.jpg (685x564, 53K)

I do, sadly
But then I realize the only alternative is Java enterprise and suddenly I'm awfully glad that I have to use .NET

Many linux/mac programmers will admit there is nothing that stands up to VS on those platforms. Linux is comfy to program on, but VS has forever been ahead of other IDEs. There is shit that windows doesn't have of course, and VS has plenty to hate, but it's leaps and bounds ahead of XCode and KDevelop.

That's not a C# API you dingus. It's yet another thing you have to P/Invoke to make C# useful, because Microsoft really loves crippling their own frameworks.

Attached: 1A6F4238-E5E4-47E1-869D-4197CAFC3064.jpg (665x574, 46K)

>I'm Less Gay Than You: The Thread

didn't MS ported VS to Linux recently?

There's no way you're less gay than me, faggot.

Cool image! Great argument!
Java and C# are practically the same evil.
Good for them, but extensible editors like Atom (using this as an example, because if I mention vim I'll get a bunch of autists in this thread) can pretty much do a lot that VS can do, and mostly faster.
The only cross-platform MS product I know it's VSC, which isn't VS in many ways.

Attached: raymond0075.jpg (279x576, 21K)

None of these compete with Jetbrains anyway. Stop being poor and buy a Jetbrains license. You'll never go back.

VS Code, which is not the same thing as Visual Studio. It's an Electron app, so it sucks, but ironically, it's still a better text editor than Atom, which is the app that Electron was made for.

> .NET trash
Good luck with that killing anything except itself. Niche crap for Windows babbies programming against Microsoft trash frameworks and API only.

This. IntelliJ also works on macOS and Linux, because JetBrains aren't retarded like Microsoft, so they know how to write cross-platform software.

JetBrains also beat Microsoft at their own game with ReSharper. Even the latest version of Visual Studio can't do all the C# refactoring that ReSharper could do five years ago.

*blocks your argument*

Attached: monodevelop_66868.png (128x128, 17K)

I have yet to try out CLion but I can admit that there's barely anything that can stand up to Micro$hit's Visual Studio's experience. If it boots up and when it boots up, it's great, but the loading time of a project is a joke, and so is MSVC.

Monodevelop is alright but HOLY FUCK THE DEPENDENCIES.

> mono
> monodevelop
Horray, now you can have an buggy platform to run C# crap on with an ecosystem that 30%+ chases Microsoft API specifics, rather than the smooth interoperable sailing of the much bigger JVM ecosystem.

> inb4 that one syntax improvement C# has
Kotlin, Scala, Ceylon or whatever got more. Don't bother.

is there any reason to use visual studio over vim+plugins+external debugger?

>not using emacs in evil mode

Attached: 1521810795283.jpg (480x451, 57K)

>no BLE

10GB+ download just for a C/C++ IDE. No valgrind or perf also.

>it's fairly snappy unless you try to do real work on it
Got it.

The only reason to use VS ever is that you are paid to work on some legacy .NET Windows thing for a company.

It's bloated and slow.
Startup is slow, loading a single fucking project is slow, starting a fucking project is slow, compiling anything with ANY C++ header in it is fucking SLOOW, debugging multithreaded code is fucking SLOooow and using the whole fucking pajeetSoft shitfest is fucking SLOOOOW.
in you're wondering, it's FUCKING SLOW.
How is it possible that a fucking text editor and a compiler could be so fucking slow. Get pajeet to do it for 10 rupees and a green card (possibly).

I use VS for work. It's pretty nice with C# if you're stuck using windows.
For my own projects I just use Vim, though.

Jow Forums and Jow Forums should merge

>developer
>shitty computer

Mac has VS, not Linux.

>not using CLion

kill yourself pajeet.

>this failed to kill the linuxtard and java since 1997

Attached: 41ed406d621d61a7237026b0bcab2980b1818bcc9dcc26bff1c59e2a5ce1057f.gif (500x280, 388K)

>all meme jvm langs combined got more
Sure thing pajeet.

Why bother? Linux world is killing itself with constant garbage like systemd and flatpak and Oracle is leveling up that greed. Enjoy your java™ advanced™ to get security patches for issues they made up for just few thousands of dollars lel.

Visual Stdio runs native on linux...
Someone recommended it to me, but i am just too lazy to stop using VIM (i only work with script languages)

Attached: Captura de tela de 2018-05-02 13-51-23.png (1600x900, 239K)

MS could make a good product, not just wait for others to fail or make shit like J# :^)

Attached: 1415673498821.jpg (1114x876, 258K)

xcode already did

That is Visual Studio Code (text editor), brainlet. Not the Visual Studio (IDE.)

Tools for reverse engineering seem to be better on Windows.

>Visual Stdio
>Stdio

Attached: Visual Standardio.jpg (474x711, 27K)

I'm pretty sure this entire board is full of people that prefer wasting everyone's time and doing things the hard way instead of using an IDE. I assumed they're only employed because their employers know even less about programming.

Whats the difference?

Dawm, took me a long time to see the error. C ruin your brain.

Yep, unless you live in silicon valley or some such place, good luck finding a job outside of web dev, java, and .net

PHP is huge here.

Literally webdev

Snowman works well under wine.

That is what they are doing. They are feeding the freetard. They know how most of them are script kiddies so VSC has great support for JS, python and Haskell. With the constant greed of Oracle, people are getting tired of possible legal issues like not even being able to write 'javascript' in their product name because muh trademark.
Meanwhile Java VMs are bundling interpreters LOL.

>2018
>installer doesn't support installing to a custom directory
>even if you hack around it, it will still use the system partition to put anywhere from 20 to ONEHUNDRED AND FIFTY gb of whatever random shit microsoft found lying around

Is anything that you use in your browser "web"? Because i have fucking tools written in php for everything. I even have a hidden webpage that i use to calculate the value per liter of beer when i am at the market (i am not good with numbers).

brainlet detected. The entire base was rewritten to the NT kernel. Only some 16 bit legacy programs included if you installed 32 bit windows using some virtualization software to run them. Otherwise all support for 16 bit is gone. ME was the last DOS based release. NT/2000/XP are all NT Based, as well as pretty much any microsoft device since (phones, xbox, zunes, etc.)

>comment on manga images
Another shiny example of neo-Jow Forums """intellectuals""".

Attached: 1457118967529-0.png (250x250, 38K)

It is an anime meme image you dip.
Just look at me uploading anime girls with memes and become le ebin poster :^)

Attached: 20130728222320.jpg (800x450, 41K)

Read my comment again, this time slowly. Short answer: everything

I never fully used IDEs. Never liked them.

It feels like you need to learn not to code, but to use the IDE, and it's so annoying. I just want to code.

>niche languages like C++

C++ is practically THE game programming language.

Attached: image_7771.jpg (612x388, 49K)

Each to their own with tools. I used both IDEs and text editors. Both can do most of the same job. IDEs are just to make your workflow much easier when you are new to programming or are working on multiple projects.

it takes 2 seconds on my ancient Latitude

Java is pure garbage, but that is why scala has better traction than f#, as people just stuck with the evolving c#

What makes Java so bad?

Wat.

I was running VS Code on a Chromebook Pixel 2 (arch install) for three years straight and it loads empty almost instantly, some of the major workspaces with 1500+ files load in less than four seconds.

Now I'm running on a 8550u Blade Stealth on Windows and launch times are nonexistent.

... How old is your computer?

The JVM is built just for it.
It has shit std design and lacks basic features and still uses strings instead of enums even though it is supposed to be statically typed.
It encourages bad design to make it usable like builder pattern.
The company that bought it is greedier than a jew.

Not only you have to suck Oracle's dick for security fixes for their bugged shit but also suck google and apache's because the standard lib is useless (like boost and the std except java is not stealing good things from them)
A smaller cock cage than rust's (not even optional pointers and shitty slow interop interface)
Niche features that make life a whole lot easier require decades to implement and even if they do, it probably has a drawback like streams shit.
The GUI toolkits are ancient shit (muh java is mostly backend reee)

The only good thing about it is cross platform abilities and legacy code.

Visual Studio is not the same as VSC. Learn the difference between the IDE and the text editor.

The features I use in VSC are the same as the ones I use in VS
A debugger, version control plugin, refactoring and analyzers, and support for PLs through plugins.
VSC is branded as a "source code editor" which is another word for any fucking program with a text box and editing features.

This is the first time I saw a rant about Java without mentioning objects, good job being one step ahead.
>The company that bought it is greedier than a jew.
Microsoft is one too.

>web dev, java, and .net
sóyboy faggotry

No disagreement there but Oracle are kind of a stupid jew.
Why would a company harm itself like that?
MS "heart" Linux because they know their Server OS sucks balls so they want azure on linux.
It is like a dumb frogposter on /a/ but it is fun to watch lol

Python works fine on windows, what's the issue?

sure buddy

Attached: ss-2018-05-02-22-07-47.png (544x303, 23K)

Nigga I just tried here and it took me 2 maybe 3 seconds and I have an old as fuck i7 920.

atom is just as bloated but boots up twice as fast and is as customizable as vim

>Waah I have to actually do work!
>Why doesn't the language just do everything for me!!?

Attached: Step up yo game nigga.jpg (400x402, 40K)

Not so fast

Attached: logo.png (2000x2000, 193K)

Visual studio starts faster than emacs on my machine

The only editor that's been faster for me is sublime, but obviously that's apples and oranges

What? I used c# and XNA to make a "flight sim" with a wiimote about a decade ago, and wiimotes are bluetooth

Any Jetbrains product > Pajeet Studio

prove me wrong

lmao what a fucking brainlet

Visual Studio + Resharper master race

Attached: 1525286605818.jpg (500x344, 38K)

>programming on windows

Attached: 9k=.jpg (227x222, 6K)

Any Acme users?

Attached: spaceglenda300.jpg (1910x2208, 639K)

There aren't many reasons to have solutions with >20 projects other than not knowing how to use the build system properly. With solutions that size you will have your own custom build system with bypasses .sln files, so you can group projects (.proj / .wixproj / whateverproj) sensibly for developers without worrying about loading every damn thing. If you actually need those 30,40,50 projects available i can't imagine how slow your build cycle is.