What do Jow Forums use? Myself? Thanks for asking! I'm using BLUE

What do Jow Forums use? Myself? Thanks for asking! I'm using BLUE.

Attached: nhoxcQhcQ0Op._UX970_TTW__.jpg (970x585, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

danluu.com/keyboard-latency/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I use these puppies

Attached: mx green.jpg (960x640, 161K)

k95 platinum w/ mx browns and custom keycaps

Attached: 2017-12-28 13.13.09.jpg (4000x3000, 3.69M)

I wish Blues were much harder to press.
I want every key press to feel like I'm breaking glass and audio feedback that requires earplugs

/sqt/ or /mkg/ faggot. Don't make a new thread for shit like this.

Brown DasKeyboard, but in hindsight it was a fucking waste of money. Would not buy again and go membrane next time.

Just get a model M or green switches

Ergodox with Kailh Box Navy

Attached: ed.jpg (1305x979, 237K)

and a tenkey with box navy too

Attached: 10k.jpg (734x979, 76K)

1. What do you actually use the LCDs for?
2. How heavy do they feel? I have buckling springs, matias QC, and gateron blues+browns as reference, but if you don't have any of these just described them I guess

Cherry MX Black. I've typed on them for years now so it's hard to say how I feel about this switch. I guess I still notice that they're linear which to me continues to give a good feeling. I would not say that they're heavy.

fags

>2018
>not topre
meh

lol

>45g weight switches for soiboys
Nah, I'll stick to my 95g switches for real men.

I use blues. I'm not sure how the less common similar switches compare, but I like blues way better than the black, red, brown or red. I tried someone's browns keyboard at work and it felt like castrated blues.

I like the clicky clicky blues.

different switch

>model Membrane

really enjoying mx browns

browns felt like reds gunked up with sand to me, but what the fuck do I know

Bucking spring in my 1986 UK layout model M

Maybe it's just me, but that looks bad

I've been too careless and build a GH60 with these. They're way too stiff, like a literal workout to use, so I ended up almost never using it. Soon I'll change them with some silent stuff to type at night or at work

Membrane but only because I'm not allowed to make noise
t. 140 wpm

Used to use blues (Ducky One TKL), but know I use BOX Burnt Orange (Viterbi split 70%).

Pic is a bit old, I now have proper 2u spacebars.

Attached: 20180415_203607.jpg (1903x2535, 2.22M)

The official ROMER-Jow Forums switch.

Attached: NRVIxbJ.jpg (2894x1922, 383K)

Aren't those just worse mx browns?

I find them to be the best brown.
Subjective I guess.

They show function layer, and when I remember to get it running, current song info for MPD.

They honestly don't feel like any other switch. They have a heavier bottom-out than blues, slightly higher than greys, but then, as the click-bar is pushed away the force collapses, to that of a black, then linearly ramps up to a grey.

They're kind of like Topre, with the collapsing of the dome, but different in their own way. (The Input club hako/halo keyswitch was made using kailh because it could imitate topre very closely).

They're the best switches I've ever used, I can say that. They have IP5 and IP6 level ingress protection, and there's no annoying contact squeak. Having the actual electrical contact physically separate from everything else means you can lube the shit out of the switch, should you so desire

Attached: box teardown.jpg (960x720, 58K)

Vortex Pok3r with Cherry MX Greens

Blues for work, silvers on my gaymen pc

Jesus christ that keyset is gorgeous. What is it?

my topre is dopre

Attached: o-TIA-TAMERA-facebook.jpg (1536x1893, 706K)

>2018
>still no TKL unicomps
>still no other buckling spring keyboards
JUST

Attached: 1463386328501.jpg (638x626, 84K)

GMK Yuri

keyboards with cherry switches use a controller chip from the 80s that lags 30ms.

roamer g and bloody LK switches use a controller chip that only lags 0.2ms

an no I'm not talking about actuation point. but actual internal processor lag.

razer lags 15-25ms

nipppo and plum and ducky and steelseries who claim 1ms response time are referring to the poling rate of 1000hz they also all lag 30+ms.

some niche keyboards probably lag even worse.

buy some thing with a controller chip made in the last 3 years not 30.

what the fuck are you talking about you stupid nigger. A tiny3.6 doesnt "lag 30ms"

*teensy 3.6, not tiny 3.6

Randomly chose blue when getting my first keyboard, no need to try anything else

what is a tiny3.6?? is it a controller chip in a keyboard I mentioned? you understand if a keyboard advertises a advanced chip in a cherry keyboard for macros and such that chip is not used to process the keypress it still uses the mx2.0 chip that lags 30ms and then another chip is put after it that does macros etc so the total lag is even worse.

>look up linus tech tips video
this has to be bait

God damn this is uglier than my 30 dollar chinkshit

yer it does I'm not saying the actual chip runs that slow but the math to filter out the noise of the key press causes the program on the chip to account for after noise of the press to be sure its a actual keypress and that's what causes the delay if that chip is reprogramed with the method the mx2.0 chip uses to support cherry switches then it does indeed run at 30ms or worse per key press because that's how the program on the chip works.

so many of you idiots have convinced your self all keyboards are 1ms or its not a issue or they all "feel" instant but you are just all used to bad performance.

look up linus tech tips video reviewing optical keyboards the guy tests out a bloody LK switch in CSGO and he says he can tell the difference of the faster speed.

sorry bro your keyboards suck upgrade time.

its the only video online that compares the lag of cherry and other keyboards to 0.2ms speed keyboards because all you guys have your head in the sand convincing yourself its not a issue and you haven't wasted literally thousands of dollars on out of dated crap.

danluu.com/keyboard-latency/

also look at this the topre lags 55ms.

suck a dick and buy a new keyboard but this time don't waste 300$ lol.

my bloody LK switch keyboard cost me 30$ from taobao is TKL in white and doesn't look crap like other bloodys (q700 its a b700 in white) and runs at 0.2ms

LOL on you guys fucking idiots forgot to check this before spending big on old trash.

>brainlet believes marketing wank about debouncing taking "up to 30+ms"
you can debounce physically virtually instantaneously, we're talking nanoseconds, using a schmitt trigger, multivibrator, or other such comparator.
You can do it in software by applying a low-pass filter.

>le youtube man said it was good, you're all stupid for disagreeing with him
>the absolute state of Jow Forums

i love when Jow Forums makes posts like this and just shits all over some stupid faggot.

dude you realise cherry themselves admit the mx2.0 chip in all cherry switch licensed keyboards does lag 30ms cherry developed the mx6.0 controller chip specifically for this reason that runs at 1.5ms but its not included in the cherry switch license and cherry split the controller chip company from the main one and no one has licensed the mx 6.0 chip yet and it only exists in one prototype 300$ aluminum keyboard.

its not marketing wank its actual fact people have run tests.

cherry runs at 30ms
topre runs at 55ms

my keyboard runs at 0.2ms

stop ignoring facts and like I said the guy on linus tech tips noticed the difference if you don't believe it buy a 30$ keyboard and compare for yourself.

its true.

30-55ms is MASSIVE humans can detect up to 2ms and 1/20th of a second is not "nanosecond lag"

no your just trying to convince yourself that you haven't wasted 300$ on trash with internals from 2 decades ago. because some dude online said the switches are "divine"

Do you think the pjrc teensy 2.0 example usb keyboard code is laggy? there's no shit inside for leds and codepages.

pic related with brown switches is my first mech

if I knew the tactile feel wasn't as hard as I expected I would've bought mx clears (if a keyboard with them exists)

Attached: das-keyboard-4-professional.jpg (1280x640, 121K)

>all cherry licensed keyboards
>mx2.0 chip
thats not what you said first. You said in >keyboards with cherry switches

any custom built keyboard, any ergodox, any kit board, will not use an mx2.0, since a teensy or other comparable processor is both cheaper and more powerful.

i know its surprising to a consumerist brainlet, but not everyone buys their computer equipment premade. Cherry has a large business selling individual keyswitches, and there is a community that builds their own keyboards from scratch

nope faggot, i hand wired my own board and use a teensy.
you're trying to convince yourself that the RGB dildo you bought really pleasures your ass better than a normal dildo because you're le epic gamer who has superhuman abilities and can sense a 2 femtosecond difference

the guy is a fucking brainlet faggot who doesn't know you can build your own keyboard and confuses switches with processors

no one was talking about controllers you nonce, we were talking about switches

Hold on guys, actual brainlet here with a question. Even if the keyboard that guy recommended isn't actually faster, as long as it's at least the same performance as any other, isn't 30 bucks a steal? Why are you shitting on him? Someone explain.

If you just want a board that works and is mechanical, and don't care about swapping keycaps or any shit like that, a Romer is a fine board.

But if you dont like RGB stuff, want to swap keycaps, or want a different weight, then romer is shit.

For your average /v/tard, romer is more than good enough. They're not going to swap switches or do anything other than set it to rainbow strobe mode.

Blacks.

BTFO

Thanks for the answer. Another question as I know nothing about keyboards, what's the point of swapping keycaps? What's the difference between the many switches? Is it just a thing about looks/feels or does it influence anything else?

Each switch has a variety of different aspects, such as actuation curve/force, bottom out curve/force, tactility, clicky-ness, and travel.

Tactility is a feature where the switch has a little "bump" you feel when you actually close the circuit and the switch actuates
Clicky-ness is if the switch has a way to make a sound when actuated.
The curves are how much force and you need to reach certain points of the travel. I.e. a linear curve just requires steadily increasing force.

Travel is more how the switch feels when moving. Cherries, for example, have a reputation of being "gritty"; their travel is not smooth and you can sort of feel little bumps and pocks as the slider moves up and down. Kailh and Gaterons are known for being very smooth.

I have a chink mechanical keyboard, so for all I know my blue switches were just painted blue. I don't know if they're really a certain kind of industry standard mechanical key switch

t. $30 Tomoko keyboard owner

Brown switches

Brown switch master race reporting in

Ok then so mostly feel.
Last question I guess, what would you guys recommend me?
I prefer smooth and easy press with clicking, no lights unless no other choice and the keyboard should be an immovable fortress. Anything like that? Cheap would be nice.

Laptop keyboard.
And I also have Lenovo chinks keyboard that is just awful

Why bother? Overpriced as hell. Just gey a BTC dome w/ slider which is just as good (and snappier) for far less money

MX Browns. But I think I'd enjoy clears more. Too damn expensive to replace them though.

Attached: 16e8284.jpg (4389x2661, 464K)

I use topre fc660c at home and an old keyboard from leopold at work in mx blues

it's either topre or mx blues for me, nothing else

I literally have no idea why you're even bothering with this at all. Whatever "lag" there is, doesn't matter, for any of them. For all intents and purposes none of that "lag" amounts to anything realized. When you sit at your computer and use practically any keyboard made since the PS2 era the feedback is effectively immediate. You'll spend more time blinking than waiting for a key to appear.

You won't notice any difference to begin with; buy whatever keyboard you want to suits you.

Ergo ez with browns. Worried they'll be too loud for work so I gotta practice not bottoming out.

Attached: Snapchat-1146154718.jpg (2560x1320, 817K)

Hmm, I should really find a way to test them out.

Fucking pleb. Should have gotten Matias QC

>i know its surprising to a consumerist brainlet, but not everyone buys their computer equipment premade
lel nice double down, larper

>sand
>master anything

30-55ms lag is huge convince your self its not a issue if you want but what ever.