So Im currently using some cheap Logitech Z313 speakers i got about 5-6 years ago as a gift...

So Im currently using some cheap Logitech Z313 speakers i got about 5-6 years ago as a gift. Ive been thinking about upgrading for a while now. i dont really know anything about speakers. im deciding between the other three speakers in the pic. Is the upgrade really worth it? will i honestly be able to hear the difference? is there that much of a difference between the three speakers or should i just got with the cheapest ones? my budget is $200 US.

Also what kind of speakers do you use?

Attached: Capture.png (982x721, 685K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hQwvE8ZKDNE
sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/d/home-theater-surround-sound/6574693345.html
sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/ele/d/yamaha-rx-vchannel-natural/6573201777.html
sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/d/sony-str-av570x-stereo/6558619898.html
musicdirect.com/speakers/ELAC---Debut-B5-Bookshelf-Speakers-DEMO
sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/d/front-speakers-sony-ss-mf-750/6575226056.html
sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/d/polk-audio-rti4-high/6576089132.html
thonet-vander.com/
amazon.com/Yamaha-NS-6490-Bookshelf-Speakers-Finish/dp/B00018Q4GA/
amazon.com/SMSL-50Wx2-TDA7492-Amplifier-Adapter/dp/B00F0H8TOC/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Build your own
>get guud at winISD
>buy all the parts and speakers you need from PartsExpress
>????
>Profit

get this.

Attached: this.png (1656x780, 701K)

I havet a pair of edifier s1000db that i really like. Klipsch is good too but no bass.

I use thiis. Had it for years

Attached: download (2).jpg (576x576, 15K)

bump

Mostly Dynaudio.

What state do you live in?

Attached: DSC_6313.jpg (3008x2000, 2.48M)

I live in southern california

fpbp
/thread

no u

Is this loss?

But it would be worth it.

Here, have a logitech fan video: youtube.com/watch?v=hQwvE8ZKDNE

buy used studio monitors

>Also what kind of speakers do you use?
A soundbar.

Attached: oh_oh.png (817x632, 886K)

receiver: something like these: but talk the seller down to 45 dollars
sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/d/home-theater-surround-sound/6574693345.html
60 dollars

sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/ele/d/yamaha-rx-vchannel-natural/6573201777.html
60 dollars

sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/d/sony-str-av570x-stereo/6558619898.html
55 dollars

or:
orbit round the 15 or so goodwill stores in the L.A. area - you'll find units like the ones above for about $8

speakers:
Elac B4 - New 135 dollars - Amazon
QAcoustic 2010i
Elac B5
musicdirect.com/speakers/ELAC---Debut-B5-Bookshelf-Speakers-DEMO
the seller above often has open box speakers which are returned from customers with nothing wrong

or:
sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/d/front-speakers-sony-ss-mf-750/6575226056.html
120 dollars loud, good, not as distorting as polk below; talk him down to 100

sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/d/polk-audio-rti4-high/6576089132.html
75 dollars loud, powerful, somewhat distorting; talk him down to 60

good speakers are harder find at goodwill but there is usually plenty of good receivers by major brand names sony, onkyo especially

good luck

Attached: Acoustic Researh AR-2ax.png (283x352, 108K)

hiiiiisssssssssss
oh shi- left channel dead
etc

I have the Edifiers and they are pretty good.

doesn't happen with studio monitors really, these things are build as tank

Some 150w Logitech 5.1 system that I only use as 2.1

Bass thumps, speakers don't crackle at high volume. Don't give a fuck other than that. I'm not a faggot audio-phile.

It's a weakest link problem, if you listen to compressed streaming garbage with no dynamic range and your speakers are under a pile of piss bottles it won't matter much. If you're listening to good quality music that benefits from good gear (orchestras, small ensembles, acoustic/solo stuff, pipe organs, and the like) then yeah, it's worth buying something good. The best of the four is mediocre though.
>lol install gantoo
Why bother buying used polk when new polk is cheap as hell. Used is for gear that cost like $1500 and up at retail.

>install Gentoo
Lazyfags gonna lazy I guess
You realize you can actually design your own badass setup for cheaper than a name brand peefab, right?

I have pic related, the Z623, sounds good and bass slaps. I'd recommend

Attached: 818kFCm-0EL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x851, 156K)

Same

>400W peak / 200W RMS
>$99 on amazon prime

yeah this was a good cop

Just looked this up on Amazon. Still going for $100. God damnit. I already spent $120 on my 150w Logitech system. Piss.

I got em cheap for 60€. Best purchase I did in years.

I assume you thought you were replying to me?

I see no sense in reinventing the wheel considering people like Paul Carmody, Siegfried Linkwitz, Troels Gravesen, and Zaph publish their work for free, and are far better at it and more experienced at it than I would be, and you are.

I know you think your shit doesn't stink, but I promise, it does.

Attached: 1510611163068.jpg (576x382, 54K)

you should honestly get something like used krk rokits rp 8, people are selling second gen of these in perfect condition for half the price

these things are amazing compared to any "gaming" pair of speakers

Attached: $_86.jpg (1024x768, 51K)

Connecting some speakers isn't the same as building speakers, faggot. You're saying you're too dumb for plugging in cables. Is that what you intended to sound like?

I can tell you have never listened to a good system before

Wait, 'gayman' speakers are a thing?

I use pic related

Attached: u34231878.2.jpg (600x455, 141K)

Almost bought this one some years ago.
Does anyone ever heard of them?
thonet-vander.com/

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

You obviously have no idea who those people are, stop trying to act like you care about speaker design or audio in general.

If any speaker doesn't tell you a frequency spec with a ±3 db do not buy it.

There is "gaming" everything. Just add LEDs and suddenly its a gaming [thing]

>he thinks a wavy 2D line on a grid actually gives a meaningful impression of a speaker's performance, let alone how it actually sounds
For your next trick you will pretend to be able to interpret a waterfall chart or explain its limitations

Attached: decay_article_waterfall_graph.png (1000x505, 268K)

That post reads like shit. And its contents are retardbabble that doesn't fit to anything being said ITT.
You sound like shit.

If it doesn't have anything that means the peaks and valleys are mountains and cliffs and doesn't span the entire playing field

logitech aesthetics is hideous gaming crap

the Z623 recommended here have 2.5 inch drivers and weigh 1kg, it's overpriced gaming shit

a single monitor like krk rp8 has 8inch driver and weighs 11,8kg

Please just go back to your /hpg/ pedophile hentai spam threads, you're not contributing anything of value here

The logitech salesman is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a shill and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

>soundbar

Attached: 1511406869766.gif (600x444, 3.55M)

Why would you buy a set of speakers without frequency specs listed?

Yes. I can vouch for them

I always do, but it's just fashion. Like saying "goodyear welted" on a pair of shoes, since the sperg-o-verse has decided that this is somehow a critical must-have.

Even the worst Sony and Klipsch crap has frequency "specs", it tells you absolutely nothing of value and you're being hoodwinked if you've allowed yourself to believe otherwise. It's the present-day version of printing how many watts it can handle.

But goodyear welt on boots means something useful

>DDLC

evn trash

There are other kinds of shoes besides steel toed shitkicker boots. There are even boots that aren't steel toed shitkicker boots.

Attached: tumblr_n9z2g1Pw2R1sur5auo1_1280.jpg (640x640, 133K)

lol, how did it come this

It's pretty annoying to think about buying good pc speakers with the studio monitors being around.
I dont own a dac so if it hisses thats game over, and studio monitors don't have the typical convenience features like volume control at the front.

It's like "either spend 50€ for shit or 250€ for a real solution, and since you're not an audiophile you might not even notice a difference". The lg z623 is attractive simply because its 100€ and probably wont have any major issues as its so popular.

Someone doesn't understand the difference between knowing how to do something, and knowing how to do something well, and is so hopelessly out of touch with reality that he hasn't even bothered looking at what the speaker design community has done before he came along with his autism

The problem with most reasonably priced studio monitors is that they don't bother with any LF whatsoever. That's why the "home audio" speaker genre is a thing, because people would rather have some muddy midbass from their tiny bookshelves than no attempt at all.

You could get really fancy monitors that actually bother with LF, but at that price point suddenly there's a ton of options.

I'm not trying to knock people who use monitors for pleasure listening, just saying they're meant for a certain job, and you should keep your expectations in line when you try and make them do something else instead.

Attached: soy_tech.jpg (993x230, 132K)

Using a popular price search engine I can get more than 330 pc soundsystems for under 100€.

I wonder who could be behind this post:

Attached: flowres for the real lurkers.png (970x644, 51K)

Yeah I'm fine being called a basedboy because I brush my teeth and iron my shirts. Enjoy being called a "slob" or a "creep", I guess.

>Used is for gear that cost like $1500 and up at retail.

Go ahead and show me passive speakers less than 10 years old with $1500 msrp that user can get for $150. user's budget is $200.

Attached: arc0.jpg (1600x1200, 209K)

I have a pair of Mission LX-2. Worth it for ~180€, but I don't know if you can get them in the USA.

Not even him but in reality you're not the based man here, you're the insecure fuck that is scared to look different.

the on/off switch and volume control on the front is a good point

Attached: soygenuiys.jpg (576x586, 78K)

And? I'm not wearing those at my job. Nobody who knows what's good for them would either

Scared to look different from what? People who wear shit kicker boots? I think you might have gotten your posters mixed up.
>I can't wear nice things to work because I might sweat and get all dirty
Stay in school, kids.

BIG
DIRTY
STINKIN
BASS

based!

Attached: terry01.png (990x682, 580K)

lol wat

>less than 10 years old
Why the arbitrary cutoff? Plenty of polk garbage out there that's over 10. The point is if I go on CL right now I can get Polk, or I can pick from a wide variety of fun stuff from Linn, DCM, Usher, some dude selling a pair of DIY towers based on Peerless drivers, or even boring old B&W... all for under $300.

I was trying to figure out what it meant before replying. Millennialspeak is basically no more comprehensible than deep ebonics.

the objective of the game is to get something fairly good that fit into user's budget
$300 is over budget

Something less than 10 years old is less likely to have driver and crossover issues; more likely to have newer driver magnet technology.

>something fairly good
>that fit into user's budget
Pick one and only one

In the cycling world there is a term, BSO or Bicycle Shaped Object, that represents shitbikes that people buy trying to save money.

Polk is the speaker version of a BSO. Just don't bother at all at that point, pick up a used logitech HTIB, and save up for a decent setup.

Good speakers were the first thing I bought when I got my first "grownup job". I slept on a blanket on a hardwood floor for the first few months because I needed a real amp, a real source, and real speakers. Much more important than a mattress, which is for pussies anyway.

Buy once, cry once.

I thought the audio hardware has stayed pretty much the same and only difference is software side like genelec room correction or apples.

No he means like, leaking caps and burned coils and damaged surrounds. That's not wrong, but even fairly new speakers can have those issues (other than the caps which is really not likely to happen again as the capacitor plague was a once-in-a-lifetime event caused by industrial espionage). That's the price you pay for buying used.

>I can't wear nice things to work because I might sweat and get all dirty

I work outside all day. Absolutely nobody at my building has shoes like those except for a single fag in management

Yeah d00de.
Scott and diamondback are BSOs too because they arent trek or cracknfail exdee

>tfw I'm buying a bike from walmart tomorrow and there's nothing you can do about it

Attached: 1353291658005.gif (390x236, 884K)

polks have their uses as a less expensive upgrade, and if a buyer isn't paying too much, like under $75, they're easy to resell or they're good to keep around in the garage, or for basement cinema, since they can take a lot of abuse

i find that speakers made over the past ten years, even the inexpensive ones under $100, have a better response than larger and "more prestigious" speakers from 30 years ago; i think its due in part to more powerful magnets which are now cheaply mass produced by china, and also because of the use of different materials, including kevlar, which has also seen use in less expensive speakers

Post that on /n/ and survive on their nutricious tears for a few years (slow board).

I literally can't wait for the car analogies to start showing up.

Attached: N5yhqEt.gif (360x182, 2.7M)

Frys promo codes - sign up for them.

>Polk is the speaker version of a BSO

Now you're just shitposting.

BSO is too obvious.
DomaneDinduDward is a shitposting genious though.

Cages should be banned.

This, but they're very bass heavy. I use them for my TV so it's fine because movies have booming soundtracks and sounds that are rendered nicely but idk about music. You can turn down bass and treble a bit with the built in EQ though so there is that

its good for what it is. it'll deliver decent audio and has great bass for the price

if you want a "good" system then spend more money. but OP's pic shows speakers in the $100 range, so this works.

>Speakers
but why?

Cool looking things.

So I don't have to use headphones, which are a compromise.

Yamaha HS7 is what you want, add an amp later.

Edifiers look nice but it's not a huge upgrade from what you got.

what are you going to do with with the amp when using active speakers

I think he meant subwoofer, some people add the HS8S(Sub) to the HS7s but why not just buy the HS8 at that point.

You are wrong, Edifiers are big upgrade from your average logitech speakers.
In fact, Edifiers are better than Yamaha garbage speakers that you recommended.

klipsch is good. but some say it's too bright sounding.
you still need an amp for klipsch. it's a passive speaker.
the elac woofer looks tiny.
the edifier is ok, but you have more choices and it's better to get a passive speaker.

amazon.com/Yamaha-NS-6490-Bookshelf-Speakers-Finish/dp/B00018Q4GA/
amazon.com/SMSL-50Wx2-TDA7492-Amplifier-Adapter/dp/B00F0H8TOC/

it's shit

it's a huge upgrade from his shit logiturd.

>Edifiers are better than Yamaha garbage

lmao

As far as home use is involved, there aren't many speakers shittier than those Yamahas, so that's not really hard to achieve.
Obviously you wouldn't know that since you never even owned other speakers.

yes, you will hear a difference
logitech is garbage

at your 200$ budget though, i'm not sure how much better you can go. you would likely be served better with some akg/sennheiser headphones in the 100-150$ range.

have used , they were my brothers, mine are z5500 logitech's, that 2.1 kicks the shit out of my speakers without question, however both of us prefer headphones as we are both unable to use speakers the way they were meant to be used, so wen never really bought anything better.

but honestly, if you are buying something sub 300-400$ a speaker, you are doing it wrong if you want quality.

my bed is right behind my pc so i usually watch movies and stuff from my bed. i dont really sit at my computer for more than an hour a day. pic related. old pic, but you get the idea.

Attached: Room Pan 2.jpg (2908x1537, 919K)

>hard floor bedroom
Fucking disgusting.

Attached: 1515699048161.gif (195x197, 1014K)

What the fuck, man

captivity.