Mozilla plans to show sponsored content to Firefox users from the United States in Firefox 60

ghacks.net/2018/05/02/firefox-60-sponsored-content-for-us-users/

>Mozilla plans to show sponsored content to Firefox users from the United States in Firefox 60.

Have you stopped using (((FIREFOX))) yet?

Attached: kqz0u.jpg (480x480, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>be American
>get sold to corporations

>he thinks they won't pull this garbage on anyone else

ESR will be safe for awhile longer. then I switch to Brave or kill myself or something

america is like the complete opposite of the hand of Midas. Everything it touches turns to shit.

>what is about:config?
Even if your too retarded for that, there are still pre-made user.js avilable
github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/

Firefox is still the best Browser simply due to customizability

>Have you stopped using (((FIREFOX))) yet?
No because I can still opt out of these annoying "features" with 1-2 clicks. If it was forced upon me aka I didn't have a choice, then I would care

Firefox users have full control over the feature. They can disable sponsored content only or disable recommendations altogether.

Open the New Tab Page in the Firefox web browser.
Click on the settings icon (cogwheel) in the upper right corner.
To block advertisement, uncheck "show sponsored stories".
To block all recommendations, uncheck "Recommended by Pocket".

>CHROMEKUCKS

Isn't this old news??

Yes, the features are not only opt-out, but they're opt-out friendly. The checkbox for turning this stuff off is front-and-center on the new tab page. Takes like 2 seconds to disable

>B-B-BUT YOU CAN TURN IT OFF!!!!
t. cucked mozillatards

Attached: 1519953666062.png (644x800, 15K)

Uninstalling as we speak

>pyllyukko

lel thats finnish and translates to "ass man"

Mozilla openly inserts visible adds, provides way to disable them, everybody flips their shit.

Meanwhile, Chrome is silently spying the shit out of their users without providing a switch to turn the botnet off, nobody gives a fuck.

Attached: 1280793897127.png (339x319, 138K)

Seamonkey doesn’t have this problem

why didn't you listen to him, Jow Forums?
now it's too late

Attached: 1382067989970.jpg (3000x1688, 1.03M)

>it's ok to be evil because somebody else is worse

Companies don't just introduce a feature like this and make it mandatory right away. They want to get you used to being cucked so they can entirely remove that option in the future.

Why do we need 30 threads about this? One is enough. Search the fucking catalog. All the garbage spam about an irrelevant browser is fucking obnoxious.

Can you give an example (preferably several) of specifically Mozilla taking away user choice?

AFAIK about:config is as powerful as ever and everything from pocket to whatever else bullshit can be easily and permanently disabled.

>all those posts mentioning how easy is to disabling a """feature""" that comes enabled by default
How does that thing go again?
>If you stick a frog in a pan with cold water and slowly raise the water temperature, the frog will cook itself without ever wanting to leave the pan.
aka nu-Firefox users

It's just suspicious, is the thing.

nobody has ever said chrome is ok

Which browser do you recommend?
>inb4 something based on (((Google))) code

It gets shilled constantly whenever furryfox is brought up. The fuck are you talking about?

>nobody has ever said chrome is ok
The fuck am I reading? Now that this site is a normie haven it gets shilled her all the time.

ESR 52 or Waterfox 56.

Netscape

And/or Seamonkey.

BUT ITS SO FASSST

DONT YOU WANT TO USE THE FAST BROWSER GOY :^)

Can be turned off with two clicks. Also it sucks less than other options.