Custom rom android

What is the best custom rom for android ? Lineage os ?

Attached: lineageos.png (1200x750, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

copperhead.co/blog/2016/02/08/beta
lineage.microg.org/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That post depends way too much on which hardware you have.

Chink stuff

Attached: Screenshot_System_UI_20180502-201056.png (720x1280, 63K)

I have a Samsung Note4, Revolution Remix is what I use

CopperheadOS.

Lineage is still shit, rebranding doesn't change anything:
>CyanogenMod was originally chosen as the basis for CopperheadOS to leverage the broad hardware support. However, it proved to be the antithesis of the project’s goals and it has lackluster support for devices outside of the Nexus line. CyanogenMod is a testing ground for new features and is perpetually broken in all kinds of new and exciting ways. It lacks a focus on security and AOSP has much better code review and higher standards for code quality. Support for devices outside of the Nexus line tends to be quite broken with no guarantees of continued support and the lack of monthly security updates from the vendors is a dealbreaker due to device specific proprietary components.
copperhead.co/blog/2016/02/08/beta

Can I upgrade from 14.1 to 15.1 without losing data or does it need clean memes and reloading magisk and shit

>CopperheadOS
>supports only google trashphones
no thanks

I was using unofficial LineageOS 15.1 on my Moto G5+, but have now switched to the official build of Dirty Unicorns, which is based off LineageOS 15.1. They also have a weekly branch but to be honest I got sick of having to install new builds any more frequently than monthly. All I went is stability and security patches at this point.

I have a moto z2 play, what would be a good custom ROM for it? I do use some moto mods occasionally, but I would imagine I cant transfer those over unless I have the apk for it right?

>support the only phone that is flashable without exploit and safest.

what?
are you saying the nexus/pixel line are the only phones that can be flashed without exploits?

I think it was enough to wipe system and install 15.1.

Lineage OS is best of the bunch IMO for being the most professional project (I don't have to follow XDA threads etc) and it's pretty stable and clean, it doesn't have a huge bunch of gimmicks crammed in, just clean Android with some QoL improvements.

Lineage os is *decent*, but the team has made some absolutely retarded decisions in the very recent past, most noticeably the debacle with micro g.
The lineage team refuses to enable signature spoofing on their roms for "security reasons" and actively deletes any mentions of micro g on their forums.

I use microg lineage instead, which you can grab from here lineage.microg.org/.
It's automatically built for every device that has official lineage support.

Attached: Screenshot_Settings_20180502-224735.png (1080x1920, 113K)

Nothing else has official support for my Samsung phone and the stock ROM is pure shit, so I'm stuck with LineageOS because everything just werks.

How is it? Bought the same phone for my father (now I'm waiting to unlock it) and have to decide if I put AEX, Pixel Experience or unofficial LineageOS on it.

do you guys only use device files avaiable on repositories? I thought you built your own. I having lots of trouble trying to figure Device Tree out

Why not just use the script?

whats micro g?

if you scroll down on the link I posted it explains a little bit, but I'll try my best here.
In order for android phones to have access to the play store they need the google play services framework installed, which many different apps rely on for certain parts to work.
There was always the option of flashing a custom rom and /not/ flashing gapps over it, giving you an entirely google free rom, but there are issues associated with doing so. As I mentioned, many apps simply won't function at all, and there will be other annoyances like delayed notifications etc.

Micro g is a foss implementation of google services, so that a majority of those apps will continue working, but you don't need the actual play framework on your phone. A few advantages of micro g is that it's much smaller (4mb total vs 125mb nano gapps package), slightly improved standby battery life, and less google botnet.

I'd recommend checking it out, but just try to research if all the apps you really need to use will work properly.

Thanks. Gonna try this build on my klte

This
Also worth consideration: crDroid. It has signature spoofing (microg compatibility), comfy, less bloated and teenage ricer-oriented than resurrection remix.

Anybody know if micro g is enough to allow paid apps to verify licenses from the Play Store? I've got a couple that won't work as a sideload on straight LineageOS.

AOSP roms. Lineage is shit.

Attached: Screenshot_Settings_20180503-114623.png (1080x1920, 114K)

if lineageOS came with xiaomi ui i would have been their eternal user
but since it doesnt i stick it with xiaomi.eu debloated

Why would anyone want a chink Ios clone on their Android smartphone? Are you a pajeet or a sandnigger that likes gold phones too?
>inb4 i need the "x" feature
Any Miui feature that you miss (even the looks) can be added by software.

Aye

Attached: Screenshot_Settings_20180503-083126.png (1080x1920, 107K)

Is there a way to get a decent camera on a rom like Lineage, or do I have to stick to pajeet roms made specifically for my phone for that?

cyanogenmod made custom roms for EVERYTHING

lineageos makes custom roms for a very few devices, seemingly pulling choices out of a hat as they don't choose to put out builds for popular phones

fuck lineageos

>cyanogenmod made custom roms for EVERYTHING
You're talking out of your ass. They literally continued Cyanogenmod's legacy with the same database and the same way of adding/dropping support for devices while they move on.

In my personal opinion miui is absolute dogshit.
I dailied it for ~1 month before switching to custom rom. It was godawful.
It also comes heavily pre-bloated with chink stuff and gapps.
Does your miui also fails to play .m4u files properly? That was a final redflag for me

>lack of monthly security updates from the vendors is a dealbreaker due to device specific proprietary components
How can this be true? I'm on LineageOS 14.1 and I have the latest security patches

Look for a port of Pixel camera for your device

Are you retarded? If anybody wants to develop for their own device they're free to do so, and if you get a decent enough build you can ask them to make it official

I am on crdroid from december.
Security patches are meme

Any non-pajeet Android Oreo ROMs for Onyx?

Which Google apps work with microG?

How does it run on the Mi5s Plus ?
I have the same phone

you have absolutely no grounds to complain about lack of support
it's a free/open project, you're absolutely welcome to contribute to make another phone supported

I lost my hope in Paranoid Android doing it (that's what I currently have on my phone), but I still hope that official LineageOS will move to Oreo.

Gmail, maps for sure. Didn't try any other.

What's so appealing in oreo? Anything improved so much over nougat, you're so eager to hop on beta-testing train?

Oreo is not beta, it was released more than a year ago. And the appeal comes from having the latest security patches, at least for me. Others may mention other OS fixes/improvements and a refresh of the UI.

As far as custom roms are concerned it's beta as fuck.
I checked xda lately and all happy pajeets were all like "Very good my friend just wifi no work and battery loses 20% overnight". For my device oreo is still buggy and battery draining while nougat is well tailored and works like charm.
>latest security patches
buzzword. Don't install shady apk's.

ofc its bloated thats why i use the .eu version of it

>as custom roms are concerned it's beta as fuck
You were asking what's the appeal of Oreo, the latest Android OS, not of how some currently available ROMs implemented it.
>latest security patches
>buzzword
Yeah, nah. You're a buzzword.

If you have a shitty or old phone install costum rom
if you have a new phone with new Android it's not worth it.
Unless you don't want google.

You always need to wipe.

>I checked xda lately and all happy pajeets were all like "Very good my friend just wifi no work and battery loses 20% overnight"
pretty much the impression I get everytime I look at a new rom thread
I really wonder what kind of use of yourphone would require the latest security patches at the expensive of not having something thats functioning properly

Kek. Some ROMs just never seem to get surpassed.

Attached: Screenshot_20180503-141257.png (1080x1920, 137K)

dont use pajeet os, it's made of poo

Not that user but how could I have the dual apps feature and automatic tasks on lineage? And also what could I do to see my free ram everytime I went on the recents view?
Its only those features that stop me from moving.

Back on my day AOKP was obvious choice.
But seriously, I miss AOKP and all of it's customizations, newer ROMs can't even stand near to it

7.1.2 is just right at the moment.
Sad thing that development instantly stopped as all pajeets jumped on oreo bandwagon

>Not that user but how could I have the dual apps feature and automatic tasks on lineage
Parallel, Tasker.
>And also what could I do to see my free ram everytime I went on the recents view?
Most custom ROMs have it, but not lineage for some reason. LOS is quite bare-bones, I suggest trying other ROMs - resurrection remix, crdroid, aosp extended, aicp, carbon, etc.

Also macrodroid, app cloner.

Attached: Screenshot_20180503-141730.png (720x1280, 548K)

It runs better than lineageshit. AOSP in general are more fluid and responsive.

Bullshit. They're practically the same

nope. try it yourself if you don't believe me.

Why don't you post a source or some benchmarks, not your personal impressions?

I wouldn't call bullshit if I haven't tried it. I did and they differ not more than e.g. crdroid vs resurrection remix.

But aren't those other roms pajeets tier?

was for

Will try

Also I do I lock apps and the when open them with my fingerprint?

Maybe not a rom, but has anyone tried Sailfish OS? I'm hoping my device gets to have Sailfish 3

You exactly used words "fluid" and "responsive" in your """"objective""" opinion.
Post some fluidity scores for both roms before calling one shit for no reason.
It's your right to choose your rom. I get it. You're contrarian and don't like stuff that everyone likes. But just don't bark at people for not being such a snowflake as you are.

it's nice if you're a fan and want to try and see new shit, but i wouldn't recommend it in any way as a daily driver

Cool down, I'm on your side:

I use maps and hangouts. Maps functions normally but to get hangouts to work you need to disable some service in the terminal, and then it will work but no images will load.

>crdroid vs resurrection remix
They are both based on lineage. Google the difference between AOSP and lineage. Most popular AOSP roms use CAF while lineage use their own laggy shit.

I know that. That's exactly why I brought it as an example, dummy.