What do you use for note taking?

What do you use for note taking?

Attached: google-keep.jpg (780x433, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

simplenote.com/help/
standardnotes.org/privacy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Standard Notes.

wording this it's heavenly
paid for it too to support something that just fucking works

ball point pen and my left hand

Me brain

Pen and paper. Stock notepad app for shopping lists.

I've never taken notes. Anything I was t to remember I text/slack myself.

Paper and pencil to jot down key points

Pen and paper. If i need to store it digitally then i just take a picture of it.

Microsoft OneNote and Lense app.

Keep for everything not personal enough. Usually checklists when I'm playing a game.

>Pen and paper. If i need to store it digitally then i just take a picture of it.

How do you search through your written documents on your computer if you need to find something really quick?

I recently bought a six pack of lead pencils. All of them couldn't be sharpened because the lead always broke. Worst pencils I ever owned (and I've owned a shitload in my lifetime). Threw them in the trash on the same day I opened the packaging.
Don't cheap out on lead pencils.

Laptop and notpad because I'm not a pleb

Pushbullet

Is it any better than simplenote?
They seem pretty similar.

Folders. I structure and put things in tree like folder structures. In case i am in hurry. I put it in temporary folder that i clear just like email.

When i need something - I just go to the related folder and there it is

keep is based.

Vim and markdown. Maybe LaTeX if I'm feeling fancy.

>simplenote.com/help/
>In terms of security, Simplenote works a lot like other popular online services such as Gmail and Facebook. Your personal information is protected by a strict Privacy Policy. But due to the need for searching your notes from the web, the contents must remain unencrypted while in storage so the software can find your search terms. For this reason we recommend not using Simplenote to store anything particularly sensitive.
vs
>standardnotes.org/privacy

NoNonsenseNotes and MIUI notes

Material notes from F Droid

Self coded note taking application that syncs to my self hosted file server using a self written dropbox clone.

Simple note because evernote is too slow when you start it up.

This. What the hell is the point of botnet in your notes?

Some user recommened this to me a few months ago and its actually quite comfy for small/quick notes. If its something else I just use the stock lg app +quicknote.

Attached: Jot!.png (180x180, 9K)

emacs org mode

.txt file

Joplin

I'd use Google keep but there's no good desktop app for it. I stick with Evernote and it works, even though it's pretty resource heavy on a mobile.

Onenote would be great if it didn't have evident issues while syncing.

orgmode

Gmail

You posted it.

started using org-mode, but haven't been taking notes as of late.

It's sad when this is the best and only worthy thread of Jow Forums. It's always been this way. 99% shit posted here.

This. Has every feature you need for a note taking application plus more, while simple to use and not over engineered. Looks great, easy to use, free and open source, just werkz.

Attached: Screenshot_20180503-003645.png (1440x2560, 690K)

Attached: pencil_notebook.jpg (3200x2129, 655K)

Thanks lads, this is good

Joplin

this

ColorNote

Attached: Screenshot_20180503-074620.png (720x1280, 45K)

Leafpad on PC
Notes on iPhone.

Miminote. It's cute.

Attached: Screenshot_20180502-224905.png (1440x2560, 492K)

Started using Evernote because the WebClipper is way better than OneNote

Keep. I need to access a lot of it between multiple devices or from work, etc., and Keep is just nice and convenient. I don't care if el googlay has all my notes, they already know everything else about me.

OTOH, I did suggest to Mega that they could have a Keep-like feature for encrypted notes, and they replied ten minutes later saying they're already considering it, so that might be nice.

Omni notes foss

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-03-03-04-06.png (1440x2560, 350K)

Emacs + Orgzly on a smartphone.
Find this to be the most universal approach for quick notes + GTD + long notes.
If I was immune to botnet, I guess I would use something like Dynalist.

"Notes", from F-Droid.

Simplenote