Recommendations for botnet-free browsers...

Recommendations for botnet-free browsers? I'm using Brave but I'm concerned about some of the things I've heard about it. Waterfox and Chromium seem like good alternatives though.

Attached: brave.jpg (940x463, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/brave
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What are you concerned about? It's open source.

Brave is not open source, and their business model is to replace ads on web sites with micropayments deposited by users using Bitcoins and take a cut from every payment.

Right on schedule.
>Brave is not open source
github.com/brave
>replace ads on web sites with micropayments
Opt-in. Any other FUD you want to spread?

surf.suckless.org

I really enjoy it.

>no license

A browser for better ads LOL I want NO ads.

Don't fall for ad pay and enable every ad block you are good to go

If you have the source a license doesn't matter for your personal use. Seriously who would know?

>Chromium
>botnet free
Made it way too obvious that this is a brave shill thread, OP.

Attached: 1511692894806.png (703x911, 19K)

> Recommendations for botnet-free browsers? I'm using Brave but I'm concerned about some of the things I've heard about it. Waterfox and Chromium seem like good alternatives though.
I actually am using Waterfox, it works well 99% of the time. The most obvious problem for me is the Nextcloud Talk that I can't manage to make it work.
Another one I use is Qutebrowser, it's perfect, BUT its ads-blocker sucks hard.
Iridium is good, but same problems of Waterfox.
Vivaldi is botnet.
Brave seems fine, jokes apart, their idea of replacing ads is genius.

IceCat or Firefox

GNU IceCat is the right choice
Vanilla Fx is botnet thanks to opt-out SHIELD studies, telemetry and Pocket integration
It isn't anywhere near as bad as Chromium since all the botnet can be disabled easily and the spyware Mozilla sometimes ships isn't present on ESR and binaries from your distribution

I use Chromium.
Definitely better than Firefox (at least it has no problem sandboxing Alsa) and pretty good with some extensions.

Though, not ideal.

You can try vimb/luakit/otter/midori

No license usually means the code is proprietary. Using such source code *might* be illegal too. Why the fuck would a company publish source without license? That's some amateur shit.

>They literally sponsor youtubers
Shit and botnet, they want the normie user base.

Used to use Waterfox. Still do on occasion, but Brave is what I recommend for anyone who doesn't want their browser to be an absolute timesink.

MPL 2.0

Fx doesn't have problems sandboxing ALSA since it doesn't even support ALSA anymore, it's Pulseaudio only nowadays

anything that can't be done with text browsers and cli tools is probably not worth doing anyway

Attached: 2018-05-03-021322_1127x828_scrot.png (1127x828, 66K)

>since it doesn't even support ALSA anymore
The use flag is simply turned off. You can compile with ALSA and no pulseaudio.

Problem is that monkeys at Mozilla can not be asked to make sandbox work with Alsa (partially why they dropped it). Chromium has no such problems.

>"Why, yes, I do hinder my computing experience under the false pretence that not only do I matter, but I matter so much that the machine built for convenience should be as inconvenient as possible to protect muh privatez, thanks for asking"

Attached: 1468048921155.webm (854x480, 868K)

There is no such thing as botnet free browser.
Firefox and Brave are the less cancerous choices on desktop while on Android Brave is the only viable option.

>I'm using Brave
Kys

t. pozilla

>their business model is to replace ads on web sites with micropayments deposited by users
>Getting paid by users instead of selling their data
That's by definition a "not botnet"

There is no such thing as a botnet-free browser
As long as you are connected to a network, anything you do can be traced in one way or the other

Guess again

Brave's proprietary adblock is worthless. Sites I visit still show ads. Their development team gets really mad when people ask them for ublock support on the forums. They refuse to do it because it will affect their business model.
Their addon support in general is awful.
I don't understand how anyone can recommend it.

>I don't understand how anyone can recommend it.
I guess they pay good money

>Sites I visit still show ads
Which ones? I wanna test it out.