Which one is better on a Windows host?

Which one is better on a Windows host?

Attached: VirtualBox VS Vmware.png (640x480, 107K)

I haven't tried virtualbox in a long time, but when I did it was nowhere as smooth and seamless as VMWare. And VMWare Player is free and pretty simple and does what I need it do so I've stuck with it.

so try them both for yourself idiot

VMware is better on any host, especially on it's own (ESXi).

why not use the windows native virtualisation? hyper-v

because hyper-v sucks

[citation needed]

Compared to VMware or even VirtualBox, it's far more limited.

He's probably is using a version of windows that either is unable to run Hyper-V, or has Hyper-V gimped.

For starters, it runs on bare metal and your windows machine merely becomes a virtual machine guest on it.
This has a performance impact even if you are not using hyper-v to create any actual virtual machines.

Every time I've tried Hyper-V it ran really slow

I have never had a positive experience with vmware. The way it handles input infuriates me.

I prefer virtualbox.

vmware should really be the better product but since dell doesn't give a shit about that product i stick to vbox in most cases, their guest additions and host integration seem to work better a lot of the time

Huper-V if all guests are Windows, and you don’t mind the “host” performance penalty (Hyper-V is a type 1 hypervisor, which means your “host” windows install is actually running on top of it, and you interact with the hyper visor using the Hyper-V tools).
Windows Subsystem for Linux if you just want to be able to run Linux applications, and want the best performance. There are some limitations though (random syscalls and shit performing poorly because the Microsoft implementation is a hack). (I know this isn’t virtualization software but I figured its worth mentioning)
VirtualBox if you don’t want to spend money or prefer open source software, and are OK with encountering niggling annoyances (sound stack is shit, USB2/3 requires Oracles proprietary plugin, etc). Also performance is worse than VMware for Windows guests - I haven’t done any testing w.r.t. Linux guests. The 2D/3D acceleration (not passthrough) also works better than the guest tools for VMware in my experience.
VMware if you have the money for it and don’t want to deal with any bullshit. Everything works, better integration with the host (drag+drop, clipboard, etc). Need to install guest tools on the guests for everything to run smoothly though.

All information is anecdotal and based on my subjective experiences.

>pirate VMware
problem solved

Isn't there a free version?

Why not proxmox?

yes

because proxmox doesn't run on windows?

VMWare Workstation all day, every day.

Yeah but Dell literally doesn't give a shit about Workstation. Their volume license keys have been getting passed around for years and they still work when you download a fresh copy from their website.

>Dell
what did he mean by this

VMware, Inc. is a subsidiary of Dell Technologies that provides cloud computing and platform virtualization software and services.

KVM.
>windows ho-

ahahahahahaahahahah faggot.

This, ever since Dell acquired them VMware Workstation has basically become abandonware. Their money is all in their cloud products.

Interesting, I didn't know that

Virtualbox is the best. Don't fuck around and just use it. It can be hard to set up sometimes, but once things are set up you are golden.

How do you use Hyper-V on GNU/Linux again?
Retard.

This. Its network stack in particular is so ridiculously slow its unusable

Read the OP again. Carefully this time.

Freetard reading comprehension, folks. Take a good look.

this