FIVE MONTHS after Net Neutrality was repealed

>FIVE MONTHS after Net Neutrality was repealed
>fuckall has changed

You said we would have to pay extra for packages that include youtube, napster, bebo and FREEDUMS or else be dragged into the street by the Comcast death squads by now.
Could it be that Jow Forumseddit was wrong again?

Attached: 1525147182367.jpg (1115x586, 156K)

Jow Forums primarily said that nothing would change. The only people who were lamenting the loss of net neutrality were clearly newfags from other sites.

Reddit was the loudest voice saying there would be dramatic change.
As usual, they are hysterical.

>implying Jow Forums lemmings weren't also posting these literal reddit mockups that reek of butthurt

Attached: 1525147308686.jpg (1280x720, 212K)

We weren't. It was almost entirely a flood of redditors trying to drum up support here

Techdirt must have made millions from this story, their daily Net Neutrality articles dominated reddit for most of a month

You know this was made in 2010 by Jow Forums, right?

>"NO U DA REAL REDDIT!!!"

Attached: 1525148722632.png (1250x1182, 537K)

Trump will get my vote again in 2020. He is unstoppable. The man can't be stopped.

Keep blatantly showing how fucking new you're, archives were present back in 2009 when pictures like that stated circulating
And enjoy dem Bittorrent throttling that Comcast started again a day after the NN repeal went into effect

In 20 years of using the internet, I have never experienced ANY throttling and I pirate shit like crazy. Tim to hang up your pussyhat, redditor.

>I'm retarded and a shill
There's a shitload of evidence and even lawsuits against ISP's illegally throttling consumers, they even throttled services like FaceTime to push their own services

>it's a Jow Forums has no idea what it's talking about thread
The repeal went into effect a little over a week ago, not five months ago.
Given that you can't even be bothered to get that much right, I'm not going to respond to the rest of your shit post.

I was a bit blackpilled by the Syria shit but the fact that he LITERALLY ended the North Korean war more than made up for it.

>this is what leftist redditor pedos actually believe

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Attached: 0prcacxgjg4z.png (1558x893, 117K)

AT&T just blocked Cloudflare's DNS.

Fuck off, OP.

>The repeal went into effect a little over a week ago, not five months ago.

OH NO NO NO NO LOOK AT THE TOP YOUR HEAD

Turns out it was a modem firmware bug, literally nothing to do with NN. Nice try, smelly redditurd.

Attached: screen-shot-2017-12-12-at-11-46-11-am.png (2200x1650, 127K)

Reddit: YES GOOGLE AND TWITTER ETC ARE SUPPORTING OUR STANCE ON NET NEUTRALITY

also reddit: google, facebook twitter are so EVIL guys they are toxic!

It’s almost like Reddit isn’t one person

>nothing has changed
AT&T+HBO
Sprint+Hulu
10% off Spotify when subscribed through PSN

They are only just gettting started

ISPs still have regional monopolies. Internet speed is still to low and prices are higher than they should be.
Net neutrality is just putting a bandage over the real problem. The real problem is the government issued regional ISP monopolies. Each municipality decides which ISPs are allowed in which area, even in cases where a new ISP has been willing to pay to lay new cable and set up shop, they have been denied. Even if you are out in the country with no internet and the designated ISP doesn't want to give you internet, but some other ISP is willing to, they can't because of the government enforced monopoly.
A good solution would be to force the ISPs to rent out their cable to an unlimited number of ISPs which would allow any currently existing ISP and any new ones in the future to set up shop in any area they want thus increasing speeds and lowering the price. But to push for innovation, if an ISP lays new cable/fiber, they should have exclusive access to that for a set number of years before they have to rent it out.
No reason shit holes like South Korea and Europe should have much faster and much cheaper internet than in the US.
On the other hand, I wouldn't mind the price of internet going up a few hundred dollars a month as long as disgusting paid digital distribution platforms such as Steam had to close due to not enough people having internet anymore.

>muh HBO muh Hulu mu Spotify
>paying for streaming services in addition to paying for the ISP itself

Hol up, so all the NN hysteria about paying extra for sites that soiboi plebbitors whined about is basically what they ALREADY do?

Attached: 1522484394081.jpg (700x734, 107K)

>believing high school kids who believe Reddit hype
Just how far has Jow Forums fallen?

Net Neutrality is still on the books, retard.

Identity politics come naturally to brainlets breastfed by the jewish media giants.

Nice goalpost moving, reddit-kun!

Attached: 1524377057305.gif (445x247, 2.85M)

Those images have been around since 2009, so what? They were posted by over reactive idiots then and they still are.

Nice way to move the goalpost, NN has been supported by Jow Forums since 2009

Oh no, I can't pay for content anymore... Pfffttt, normies deserve everything they get.

That's because it hasn't even been repealed yet you fuckwit. The final vote is this month before the rules get enacted.

sir please do the needful

Jow Forums is a business, Jow Forums users aren't one person. Jow Forums the company has expressed it's support for the concept, because without it their income is endangered. I can assure you, we haven't been going on about NN for the past nine years, it's been barely discussed, it's just as unimportant now as it was back then.

Net Neutrality salt was a daily topper of Jow Forumsall, across literally dozens of subreddits. It's fair to say the majority of active redditors were on that train.

Five months is fuck all. You need to wait about five years before you see the actual effects.

*tips pink pussyhat*

Attached: 1513097126899-battle_for_the_net_frontpage-01.png (1440x903, 565K)

This happened a bunch of times too

Reminder that imposing content-based service tiers is the ISPs way of getting their lost profits back from the slow death of television. It won't be a year or two. All this flailing around about regulation is a classic monopoly move. Remember the california electricity crisis? Of course you don't. I'm not saying there will be "outages" but they will tighten the leash on customers to get all their easy shekels back. They will squarely place the blame on others and pass the cost onto competing businesses. They've already started. Just like every other monopoly in existence has done every single time regulation comes up. It's getting easier for them.

Net neutrality repeal has only come into effect last week, retard.

Unfortunately the left tried to paint a picture of all this happening as if it was the most terrible thing that could possibly happen when it was actually all the things that would have happened if Net Neutrality was still in place that would have been great.

According to the communications acts during net neutrality there were 30 months and change (plus 6 for 'paperwork' and 'within reasonable time lines' reasons) for all these companies to show that they were making progress for the good, and if they weren't, third party companies would have been given free range to use the existing infrastructure put up to start their own businesses if need be.
Progress for the good being:
>Actively updating infrastructure
>Providing reasonably priced service to people in the middle of nowhere and not charging them to put up infrastructure
>If these companies refused person could petition state and make the company go out
>If a company wants to leave it needs to provide a years notice only if they have another, equal provider.
>No crazy strange fees or any unreasonable fees

When net neutrality was repealed these large companies were two months away from having to provide this information to the FCC.
If this agenda was pushed rather than "but the extra /fees/ and loss of /privacy/" I think it would have rallied more people, instead it's shown the other side really doesn't care and gets to fill their pockets while pretending to work.

Care to show them then?

>rule change only went into effect a few weeks ago
>AT&T has started blocking access to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

A month after NN was repealed, we got gigabit for $80 / month. We're seeing progress from ISPs now.

AT&T blocked 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 today.

Like the typical right-winger doing damage control, you seem to lack the ability to read.
>Net neutrality repeal has only come into effect last week

>rule change only went into effect a few weeks ago
>AT&T has started blocking access to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

See

>bug
More like they configured their network to use that IP for something despite the IP being part of the public address space. It's only been noticed because of Cloudflare's new DNS. Of course now they're under no obligation to fix it, and it wouldn't surprise if they didn't. After all only a handful of their customers probably even know about it. Why spend time and money reconfiguring their network for them when they can just do whatever the fuck they want now?

>the left
Here we go again with those identity politics. Reducing every concept to that trash makes it so easy for them to mislead everyone and force people to pick a side based on pure bullshit. This encourages people to blindly follow hivemind ideals that may even be completely fabricated. Stop doing that. I don't care if it's "O***a era regulations" or "T***p blatantly acting inflammatory" Regardless of your political views, I think we can all agree that jewish tricks are evil and must be stopped at all costs.

Attached: astro.jpg (1000x750, 119K)

I'm surprised you think I talk out of my ass enough to be able to post the instant I start a comment without making sure my facts are correct.
While net neutrality repeal has come into effect officially none of the governing entities have been enforcing the communications acts in regards to net neutrality since it was decided months ago.

>Maybe if we all say this about net neutrality enough it will be true!

You are correct. Unfortunately sometimes I get so caught up in the latest Coca-Cola v Pepsi level argument I forget higher up the chain there is a single branching point. It was meant as more of a "see this side is the same" but it didn't come out as such.

>Implying that small changes are not going to happen gradually

>Regardless of your political views, I think we can all agree that jewish tricks are evil and must be stopped at all costs.

Yes, which is why I question the muh Net Neutrality astroturfing. Yeah, I bet the corporations that routinely censors websites, delete MILLIONS of videos, bans dissenters and removes "problematic" sites from their index suddenly cares about muh freedums.

Attached: 1525161445920.png (1080x927, 497K)

Another typical conservative dumbfuck who doesn't understand what net neutrality is or what it does. Youtube moderating your racist shitposts in the comment section has nothing to do with net neutrality. Net neutrality is not about web platforms it's bigger than that. Comcast charging you extra to access your favorite sites, or slowing down the websites of competitor services, or charging you extra to access content they disagree with is what net neutrality prevents.

>implying I'm a "conservative" aka a leftist lite
>unironically defending censorship as long as it's le EVIL RACIST INTERNET HATE CRIMES

The absolute state of leftypol neocons.

Attached: DT9Y1kJWAAEu6y2.jpg (683x814, 113K)

Jow Forums was for NN though.
This shit needs to fuck off.

Net Neutrality is cut and dry pro-internet legislation. It doesn't get anymore simple than that. There were two camps: rational human beings (of all political persuasions) who were in support of it, and dumbfuck Trump supporting conservatives who weren't.

While some conservatives did support it, pretty much everyone who opposed it was a conservative who doesn't understand computers. This is how I know that you're one.

>There were two camps: rational human beings (of all political persuasions) who were in support of it, and dumbfuck Trump supporting conservatives who weren't.
You just went full reddit.

Also
>Trump
>conservative
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1520756906459.png (646x655, 235K)

So literally why is anyone here who isn't being paid to shill have any issue with Net Neutrality? Trying to fish for (You)s or piss off muh left doesn't count.

who even pays for these threads? surely no one would be retarded enough to actually post this stuff for free, right? Like, literally the premise of the OP is not even correct, it's pure disinformation.

I'm guessing its the same low IQ group who was spewing the "NN was only around since 2015 and it was fine before that" nonsense without doing any actual research on their own.

Has the new regulation even taken effect, yet? I thought it wasn't supposed to be implemented until later this month.

>muh identity politics

That's a minor detail user, pay no attention to that. Simply call everyone you disagree with a redditor and you can always be right, even when the premise of your argument is based on a falsehood.

daily reminder

Attached: 1513271293465.png (1000x1000, 533K)

Nice argument.

Attached: DSnieqpX4AEcBWz2.jpg (1120x749, 206K)

This, just shows how much these shitcan retards actually know about politics.

Attached: 1515268161186.png (1536x1152, 2.88M)

explain pls

Tfw it hasn't actually been repealed yet and there's still ongoing votes but you shitpost on Jow Forums like you know what you're talking about

I'm sure PLUMPF! will be indicted anytime soon, sweeaty...

Attached: 1513659492612.jpg (1010x742, 386K)

getting closer...

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 7.14.25 AM.png (1542x294, 198K)

Free markets are for redditors, if muh evil corporashuns didn't provide superior services they wouldn't have their monopolies in the first place.

Repeal was supposed to happen last week, right? Did it actually happen?

no thankfully