So apparently here in an Eastern European there's a shortage of workers in IT. Which is bizarre to me. Growing up...

So apparently here in an Eastern European there's a shortage of workers in IT. Which is bizarre to me. Growing up, everyone wanted to "work with computers", I assumed these jobs would have tremendous competition not shortages. Are people finally realizing that sitting at computer for hours every day is killing them?

Attached: 6d20d140a8c63c4a46dc228b125237b0.jpg (448x624, 28K)

>Are people finally realizing that sitting at computer for hours every day is killing them?
this is a meme

It could be that there is a mass exodus of IT workers out of Eastern Europe, because they could get paid much more in other places?

I guess this makes sense.

>So apparently here in an Eastern European there's a shortage of workers in IT.
how's it feel to be retarded and fall for such obvious propaganda?
The reason there's a ''''shortage'''' is because nobody is willing to slave away for Eastern European wages, which are absolute garbage.
t. South-eastern European making $4 an hour working as a :NET developer while finishing my 5th year of college.
Fucking shop clerks in DM make more money than 50% of the developers here

There is a shortage of IT workers everywhere. Though everyone wanted to work with computers they didn't train for it.
Also this.

That's funny because I see developers making anywhere from 2 to 4 Yuros net in Poland, and not many other professions make this kind of salary. Maybe your job is just shit?
I make more than 3 times what you do and I'm not even a developer.

There is shortage because of all the offshoring happening right now. There is ridiculous amount of international companies that open up in Eastern Yurop and it's hard to fill all of the positions. Especially since in this market most people who have experience in IT are already employed and if you open up more positions you either have to look for students (which are basically garbage from employer perspective) or try to buy out employees from other corporations (which is what is mostly happening).

You think it's a meme but this is the #1 reason why most "normal" people I know dropped out or quit their job as a programmer. People simply aren't made to sit in front of a computer all day. This is also why most programmers are autistic neckbeards, not because it's some niche nerdy job, nah when you look at first year comp-sci students there's loads of normal guys who have an interest in coding and computers. But they quickly release that sitting in front of a computer all day, barely socializing is killing.

>But they quickly release that sitting in front of a computer all day, barely socializing is killing.
You have never worked a day in your life, and especially not in IT.

I wrote that from the office, sorry to disappoint. I work as a back-end developer and the only reason I'm okay with it is because I travel to and have contact with clients almost daily, but I have enough co-workers who literally just code for 8 hours straight.

It's pretty lame that people associate doing this with being successful while doing a job like I don't know cleaning shit is almost seen like a failure despite being healthier for both body and mind and probably in many cases even paying the same or better.

People may 'want to work with computers' all day long, but that alone won't make you a dev. There's a bare minimum of brainpower and willingness to go learn your shit required.

That's where people fail. I've seen STEM Master's students at one of the top universities in the country who couldn't even handle tutorial-level Python, and things only got funnier when some of them had to write basic-ass C - you ever need to have some state-of-the-art C code obfuscation, I can hook you up. And it's not like most CS students are much better; my co-worker used to study with a girl who bought *ALL the assignments*.

Meanwhile, people who are actually halfway competent tend to be smart enough to be able to get better-paid and/or more interesting jobs abroad or remotely, while the demand for enterprise software keeps growing.

It's because people who have at least a speck of talent leave this post-communist shithole.

I've never understood this logic. Wouldn't it be preferable to freelance or work remotely, thus getting to use a western salary in a place where it has 5 times the purchasing power?

that's what he meant with "leave this post-communist shithole", also freelance = pajeet wages

>also freelance = pajeet wages

Only if you're doing it on freelancing websites. And even there, 3rd worlders rarely have the skills to deliver anything worthwhile, you can still make a name and reputation for yourself and charge more.

OP think for once. Here in eastern europe the pay is a fucking joke compared to other regions like the west. Everyone here wants to learn IT then move to either france, UK, murica or germany to get a salary of more than 500$ per month.

>All those chemicals
>Healthy for body and mind

Attached: 1497640883655.jpg (350x350, 54K)

Programming is not very popular in most countries, when I was in school it wasn't even mentioned once, so it wasn't really something you'd be taught from an early age and consider a real career option, like what..You're going to drop everything you've learned the first 18 years of your life and become a programmer all of a sudden? Unlikely.

All of our "IT" classes were pretty much just basic Word documents and powerpoint things, but everyone fucked around on flash games the entire time anyway..When the teacher came round you'd show them a blank page with a google image on it.

>My anecdotal experience means everything is like this
I hate to break it to you lad but 90% of high skill work nowadays is sitting in front of a computer all day.

and SHIT

There is no shortage. Only a gap between wages employees want and the wages employers offer.