*INHALES*

guru3d.com/news-story/eight-new-spectre-variant-vulnerabilities-for-intel-discovered-four-of-them-critical.html

*INHALES*
BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
HAAHHAHAHAH
*WHEEZE*
*BREATHES IN*
BWHAHAHAHAHJAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>News has just started spreading that researchers have sighted another eight Spectre like vulnerabilities in Intel processors, all resemble Spectre, four of them are critical. The new vulnerabilities are grouped and named as Spectre-ng. The newly discovered vulnerabilities would make it really easy to exploit a host from a simple VM.
ANOTHER 8 YES, EIGHT, THAT IS EIGHT NEW VULNERABILITIES FOUND

>Currently, most at risk are shared hosting providers, once you have access to your rented server-container, you could exploit the processor to retrieve secure data. All eight vulnerabilities share the same design problem that the "Meltdown and Spectre" vulnerabilities detailed as well - they are, so to speak, Spectre Next Generation ergo Spectre NG. c't mentions they have concrete information about Intel's processors and their patch plans. However, there are some indications that other processors are affected as well, at least some ARM CPUs are also vulnerable to some extent.
SYS ADMINS LITERALLY ON SUICIDE WATCH

KIKETEL FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

Attached: file-46b2082679966bc703.jpg (600x600, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/12712/spectre-watch-more-spectreclass-vulnerabilities-to-be-announced-soon
heise.de/ct/artikel/Exclusive-Spectre-NG-Multiple-new-Intel-CPU-flaws-revealed-several-serious-4040648.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1514934884912.jpg (690x388, 45K)

>intel
>2018
Anyone who buys Intel in 2018 deserves everything bad that's happening to them.

Attached: 1521468116129.jpg (330x309, 24K)

How is Intel stock not at $0 right now? They can't even do 10nm, and their current processors are fucked.

GG no re Intel!

bunch of crooks I tell ya!

OMG

Intel bro's is there still hope for us?

Attached: 1515411243361.png (552x661, 288K)

now i will watch as intels stock remains unchanged

Intel is unironically sponsored by the jewish elites. Not memeing in the slightest.

Attached: 1488933859408.png (800x523, 604K)

>A jewish company is sponsored by jewish elites
wowowowwowowowo

oy vey

>SYS ADMINS LITERALLY ON SUICIDE WATCH
Stop rubbing this shit in my face faggot. We've had to fall back to just POWER based IBM servers and some older SPARC shit that we haven't used in years at work for anything that gets internet access. I literally spent the whole morning digging ancient servers out of the back rooms to put back online, and pulling the plugs on the Intel ones. This is a pain in the ass because I don't know jack shit about how to properly configure or update Solaris. I'm one of a handful of administrators out here, and I'm taking a late lunch and shitposting.

On the bright side, we might see some huge marketplace competition and innovation from AMD in enterprise stuff that quickly trickles down to the consumer stuff. They better not fuck it up. This is also a chance for other manufacturers with alternative ISAs to emerge, like a company making RISC-V hardware that's better than a 32-bit dev board. I'm glad Intel is dying. Fuck them.

>inb4 the patches bring performance to bulldozer levels

and yet i will still not use AMD

>SYS ADMINS
No only sys admins that fell for the cloud meme.

you don't have a say in that faggot
it's management that approves everything

my computer my choice of processor

lel, i got it

>being a fanboy
>not buying the best product based on performance, specs, and price
Into the trash you go!

I said that when my Phenom exploded. I spent thousands on i7s for years, then got the Ryzen 1700x. AMD finally unfucked themselves, my man.

Ignore Radeon though, they're glugg trash.

you still need your mum's approval since she's paying for it

oy vey delid this

Attached: anti-semitic.jpg (900x564, 113K)

Wait new patch set

>not running amdgpu on Linux

This is sad.
First meltdown was 100% deserved because they got way too cocky and karma swung back.
But this? This is just sad.

>my computer
>hardware: AMT
>software: W10
>my
lul

Weren't they going to release new silicon with everything patched? Does it mean it's already DOA?

Attached: born this way.jpg (634x968, 95K)

the amount of antisemitism in this thread is disgusting.

This. We jews are G-d's chosen people, you can't do this to us you stupid goyim.

Another source: anandtech.com/show/12712/spectre-watch-more-spectreclass-vulnerabilities-to-be-announced-soon

No matter how bad intel's exploits are, AMD's are probably worse.

Besides these are probably invented by some assholes who are trying to manipulate the stocks.

amdflaws, get fucked

>AMD competitive for the first time in 10 years
>10nm tech fucked
>AMD outsourcing to 7nm
>Spectre and Meltdown
Holy fuck, Intel is getting hit from everywhere. Just a year ago they were the undisputed kings, now all this shit. And despite all this, I doubt they'll change any of their anti-consumer practices like not soldering, giving out garbage stock coolers (or no cooler), and locking their chips and mobos

Does ARM processor most bulletproof?

>more vulnerabilities than cores
kek

Read the original heise.de article. They haven't yet tested most AMD processors, but they have already found some to be vulnerable. How much is still up in the air though, since technical details should drop in the next few days.

going for amd in my next build because this is getting out of hand and too many times.

do they still gimp emulation?

the people here are idiots - in 2 weeks everybody will cry cause all processors are vulnerable to side channel attacks included the new zen 2 generation coming up. we need a new architecture

hmmm could it be the feminist pushing more unqualified women in to tech because "vagina".

Attached: feminist.jpg (599x415, 54K)

ARM is vulnerable as well. AMD most likely, they kinda dont wont to give us the full story yet
heise.de/ct/artikel/Exclusive-Spectre-NG-Multiple-new-Intel-CPU-flaws-revealed-several-serious-4040648.html

NO

if we get a new arch we cant game anymore then what would i do all day?

get a job
get an education
fuck bitches
play tuxracer

Subtle. I doubt many people will catch it but I liked it.

NOOOOO
THIS CAN'T BE...

Attached: fee.png (1228x1502, 944K)

i have a job and an education still like my games

nice another fear mongering thread so misguided teens can use their neetbux to buy amd.

don't forget to upgrade to a 3700 next year when ryzen can match a 4 year old skylake ipc.

Attached: 1525359500359.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

Is intel controlled by marketing jackoffs? Where they wanted more numbers, or do you think engineers did this deliberately?

>>>>>>>>discordfag
>>>>>>>>not use dxdiag
here's a (You)

This was a backdoor for years... now it was probably used against AMD because of Ryzen and possibility of losing market share by Intel.

>Using a CPU with backdoors in its backdoors

Attached: IMG_20180429_134013561~01.jpg (1579x2190, 1.46M)

Meltdown has been verified in CPUs since 2011, and is likely possible in processors far older than that. No-one probably even considered this type of vulnerabilities when out-of-order execution was first implemented, and afterwards without actually knowing for certain that these vulnerabilities can be exploited, it would have been too expensive to do anything about them. AMD just happens to handle out-of-order execution slightly differently, so these specific exploits may or may not work on them(but that doesn't mean they don't have different vulnerabilities).

attention all my b/r/o's... IntelFall is a go. I repeat: IntelFall. Awaken all SleeperCells. Code: 1 1 1 1. We. Are. A. Go.

>No-one probably even considered this type of vulnerabilities
>probably
Or it was all planned from the beginning.

>be shintel
>get melt down spectre
>do shit patches
>get hit by ryzen
>realize you cannot use a 23 tear old arc anymore.
>do the most Jewish things to win against amd, hire their CPU guy,GPU guy, and their GPU marketing guy.
>get hit with more spectre.

s-stop it you antisemitic goy!

Attached: images.jpg (213x237, 9K)

spot on, probably some state level backdoors

u raise a good point, i wonder if the next arch was already thought to mitigate any of these exploits, because if not its back to the drawing board and start over

I don't believe this. They fixed this already. This is some fake news spread by AMD Shills. Don't panic guys. No official sources confirmed this - so it's 100% bullshit. Chill.

>I doubt they'll change any of their anti-consumer practices
The wolf changes his coat, but not his disposition.

for intel to fix the security holes, they first have to reimplement, or revise a big part of the supercalar/ooo part of their core.... that's like making a new architecture.
This means a couple of years, not a few months.
...and doing this means that they won't introduce new security holes with those changes.

That's the "magic" of the fast cache that intel had all those years.

At least Intel are good at writing shit software.

>be AMD guy
> probably rejected by shintel for not being a minority and gay, non white male
>go to AMD
>punished AMD guy whlant to stick to and
>know you get played less cause your not an intel guy
>finally stick it to those blue fags
>AMD finally making big bucks still no raises
>intel comes grovelling to help them defeat you child
>they offer you 30 gold bars and their remorse that they didn't hire you sooner.
>take it

i guess i'm not buying that lelnovo y520.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_2
>Zen 2 is planned to include hardware mitigations to the Spectre security vulnerability.[6]
Nice try faggot schlomo

But will you trust trustzone

Also will zen2 have that ram encryption by default on consumer models similar to black editions/business models.

each one for each core in inlel's new lineup
waiting for memes :^)

t. Brainlet

tell me more about the ipc user
show me all of those that on 2018 is doing a single core work

oh wait IT DOESNT MATTER

how is it that tripfags are always insufferable gaylords

they need to be good at something i guess

wow intels stock is going to go through the roof! time to buy intel

then you're a söy-drinking numale and will be gassed along with the jews

games?

i've used this trip for 5 posts

oh wow yeah i forgot your massive 10% lead on games

that will soon be taken away by all of the security patches

>Cuckblows 10
>Intel
>Discord
>Adobe

Go back to /reddit/ fag, you don't belong here

because 5 fps lead was great to begin with

Sure it is. Remember that all you can do on a computer is gayming

are you retarded this has nothing to do with spectre but is just the tip of the iceberg of other backdoors

yeah i totally forgot about that i still wonder why amd release cpus since gayming is the only thing left for intel

>gayming literally the only way for amd to competete in customer market with intel
>still manage to trail by 5-10%
INTEL IS FINISHED GUYS I SWEAR

>gayming literally the only way for amd to competete in customer market with intel

Attached: 1495812218308.png (1228x1502, 944K)

Good goyim.

>MUH GAYMS

Meanwhile my Ryzen 2700 does 144hz gaming just fine.
Feels good man.

what happened to your old trip?

did you even see my screenshot? that's literally after a bios and windows update after Jow Forums screamed 30% for months

p sure reddit has a large amd community

dont respond to my posts again pls

nani?

Rekt

Attached: 1520604729091.gif (540x540, 1.02M)

Please stop using the black cat to shitpost.

libreboot niggers, how do you feel that your pozzed up bios doesn't do jack shit against nuSpectre?
Feeling the meme yet?

It was more of a rhetorical question. I know the stock """market""" is rigged the kikes, lol.

Everyone who has been poached had the highest positions they could had

that pic made me hungry

The Kikening is too strong, no matter how vulnerable Intel processors are enterprises only swear by them for some reason. I bet some don't even know AMD exists.

2018 will surely be the year of the Epyc server

Attached: 1508816981712.jpg (960x720, 72K)

DAMAGE CONTROL

I wonder, since EPYC supports RAM encryption shouldn't it be immune to all kinds of spectre?

>meltdown/spectre found
>amd ryzenfall fallout 13 new vulnerabilities
>intel 8 more vulnerabilities

CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT MORE FUCKING OBVIOUS LMFAO

>tfw their stock will somehow rise from this

what the fuck... this is real...