Why do companies giving out internships to guys who only did 2 years of University expect them to have advanced...

Why do companies giving out internships to guys who only did 2 years of University expect them to have advanced requirements like this?

Attached: Capture.png (562x196, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtualization
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thats fucking nothing bruh

I have all of this. Where can I apply?
At least they aren't looking for onions nodeJS with insecure mongodb and fancy ELECTRON software.

>Advanced HTML/CSS, PHP and MySQL skills

equals basic online tutorial

>Basic knowledge of Linux server administration

Can connect to a machine via ssh

>Knowledge of FTP tools

Know one or two tools by name

>Experience using visualisation softwar

Booted an image once

>Strong organisational details

nothing

>Good written and spoken english

nothing, they are only asking for good, not even very good.

pajeets can get dev jobs without satisfying the last of those requirements:
Good written and spoken English

Because that's average for a non-shit intern.
There's no point taking on someone for three months if they'll spend the whole time learning JS from scratch. Most CS students will have done this much by the time they leave high school anyway.

Correction :
Pajeets can get jobs without any of 's requirements

>visualisation software
Pajeets are trying to hire you.

>Most CS students will have done this much by the time they leave high school anyway.
lol, most of them don't even know how to code even after they graduate

>advanced requirements

Attached: 120px-Top_lel_movie_scene.jpg (120x99, 4K)

please be b8

>equals basic online tutorial
Okay so how long would it take to complete all of them and bs in a interview, i need a summer job pls

>Most CS students will have done this much
No, not even the graduates.

But yes, those who I want to employ should've done these by end of HS. But sadly, they are the minority -- not most.

>have you ever made a web page? ever used PHP?
>do you know how to use ssh and navigate in the terminal?
>ever used an ftp client for anything?
>have you ever created a VM for any reason?
>"strong organizational details" are fancy HR buzzwords, ignore this bit
>are you able to speak english? are you literate?
these are absurdly low entry requirements

this is frighteningly true

They should have asked for the ability to work independently

How many CS students have never tried creating a webshite on WAMP/LAMP?
Or am I showing my age?
Either way, I'd expect most students to either have written a virus, a barebones game engine, a website or reverse-engineered some shit by the time they got to uni. Those that haven't are typically the ones who 'know' VB.NET and Python 2 from their college course.

The absolute state of CS here is that they do not have a web development course and there are CS graduates who have no experience in this.

Man, that does sound like
>the absolute state of CS

I had a lot more than that.

It's "virtualization" software, not "visualisation" software btw.

>you need to work for free to get a job
thats something I never got about america

Attached: 1520975190022.jpg (240x232, 7K)

If you managed to learn Java, Cpp and everything else plus the comp.sci maths instead, that's surely also fine with most employers...?

Just lie dude, that stuff can be learned on the job or in like a month of studying on your own time. If those are the only requirements k guarantee the position isnt that extensive

Try eastern eu where you pay the company to train you for their job.

"virtualisation"

do euros really do this?
feels fucking good being an aussie
got a comfy 70K a year job as a network engineer shortly after I finished uni

Why lie? Use your skills gained from the university to figure out how to make a decent enough web page and apply with that.

You should be able to do this if you did comp.sci - you jammed your head full of information for 8-10h a day every day successfully, right? Some HTML, JS and so on isn't gonna faze you.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtualization

And op clearly says visualisation.

Unpaid internships are kind of a thing of the past. I think they're actually against the law where I live (albeit I'm in canada now, but they were being phased out shortly before I left the states too). The problem is they're just generally brainless and have nothing to do with your degree. Ie, you're going for a cs degree, and you could end up getting an internship with a company in your field, but all they get you to do is sort old physical documents/invoices by date and company

Read again.

Yea, I did & I'm still correct, You read again.

OP is clearly a tea-slurper, read again.

>Learn very basic shit
>same here
>literally takes 5 minutes to learn
>can do this in one night
>Okay?
I fucking wish internships around here required that. I could bullshit more than half of that, and I haven't looked at HTML code in 6 years.

None of the aforementioned skills take longer than a day to learn but this is a troll thread

Judaism

I don't know what are you talking about, I'm in eastern eu and companies pay internships quite well here.

Attached: 1503712830762.png (259x224, 17K)

Please sign me up. Who the fuck is this employer?

>tfw when hired straight out of uni with no experience
t. not a cs grad

What? You haven't been coding enterprise quality software out of your bedroom since you're 12? You're fucked then, dumbo.

Two weeks tops if u go at it 2-4 hours a day. Even that might be too much

Where's this at I'd like to apply tbqh

In order to be competitive in the market you’d better have started programming in at latest your mid teens. Otherwise you’re probably not getting hired until after college and even then it’s probably not going to be that great of a company. Of course I’m ignoring the fact that you actually have to be a decent developer to begin with and a lot of other factors too.
tl;dr If your a decent developer, those requirements by year 2 aren’t that much of a stretch.

are you joking?

Which company is this?

Attached: screenshoy.png (518x419, 71K)

Sources on mongo being insecure?

Stuff you can pick up on your own quickly, nothing crazy for students with 2 years of education

HTML and CSS?
To grasp the basics probably within a few days

>Haskell
haskell on it's way up in the employment world!

70k/year sounds nice until you realize you pay a dickload for everything

this is highschool shit what the fuck?

Attached: 1476510764929.jpg (320x320, 29K)

I would consider myself advanced in those 2 years before I started university
If you're struggling, please drop out this field isn't for you

Any of y'all want to apply for a C++ Dev position at my job?

Catch is there's a bunch of Cubans, Chinks, and Pajeets.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-04-00-27-05.png (1440x2560, 457K)

What exactly do employers mean by strong programming skills anyway?
No Fizzmeme answers please, it's warping my view of programming competence

They are getting you read for the job market.

Attached: averagejob.png (756x684, 58K)

>POSIK

In practice, it usually means "can solve a project Euler style math problem on a whiteboard"

try to get into millenial startup companys. especially those, started by female sociology/anthropology students. Preferalbly those that have rich parents. Guaranteed income with minimal knowledge

>be me in second year programming class
>first project is to add functionality to some web page maker
>nobody knows html/css/js
>professor goes lmfao it's dick easy there's zero point to teaching it in college
>timeskip to in database class
>final project gets assigned, make a crud webapp
>class complains that nobody actually taught webdev
>professor just goes lmfao it's easy you'll figure it out in 3 days

Okay, that sounds plausible

Before I transfered to uni I wrote some code to turn a bunch of documents that profiled plants into a db that I drew on to serve up web pages in like 1.5 evenings. Used like one or two tuts to get the server shit working. Never really fucked with html/css before. lol it's literally just tags. And did all this like one or two days before a chem final because it was fun and there was pussy.

Spent a couple hours working through the logic of a chrome extension to extend the features. I don't even know Javascript but I can see all the basic constructs I would find in any other language.

>thing of the past
Nah child labour is awesome.