How did Apple completely win wearables?

How did Apple completely win wearables?
Apple Watch is the entire "smartwatch market."
Android Wear - Dead
FitBit - Dead

AirPods don't have any competitors

Google and Amazon struggling to get smart speakers into the kitchen with low-cost spy speakers while Apple wins the wrist, the ears, and soon the eyes.

Attached: apple-watch-series-3-with-airpods.jpg (770x433, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2018/02/06/apple-watch-2017-sales/
macrumors.com/2018/05/01/apple-other-category-wearables-success/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Smartwatches have died. Smart speakers have died. Airpods have been copied and improved within a month.

What are you talking about, loads of people have fitbits still...

It's just a fucking travesty that every fucking fitbit watch that's released has "connected" GPS. Just put the fucking GPS in the fucking watch already.

>Air pods don't have any competitors
Are you stupid? There are plenty of shitty bluetooth ear buds.

Wearables and voice assistant speakers/software are dead. People realised that if you have a phone and aren't blind, the convenience or even the purpose of these devices or features are entirely lost.

Airpods are fucking terrible.

I have never once met someone with an Apple watch. Never seen one outside of an Apple store. Do they even exist?

three of my friends have them, when I worked AppleCare support for a while I saw them a lot there too, more common than a lot of people think they are

They are amazing. I once accidently put one of mine in my cat's food bowl, and he ate it, thinking it was food. Thought I'd never get it back until I found it in his litter tray, gave it a wipe down and not only did it still have charge but it still sounded great! Only Apple can deliver this.

because only faggots like that shit, so buying apple is a natural conclusion for them.

/end thread

>i work at a AIDS clinic and i and 3 of my friends have AIDS
Shocker.

I live in the Bay Area and I don't even see that many smart wear gadgets anymore. They were supremely cringe when they launched and everyone had one. Most people realize they were useless trash after a month of use.

Apple has a gargantuan profit margin per unit though so they can continue to service this tiny niche so long as a few idiots pay up.

>admitting airpods are shitty

Pebble master race.

Pebble is dead but it is literally the only good smartwatch in existence. It has literally all the useful features a modern smartwatch can have.

>win at the special olympics

Attached: 1515906978095.png (2842x1570, 2.93M)

>Being unable to sense irony
How is life on the spectrum?

What do you recommend at the same price and quality as AirPods?

How are wearables dead if Apple consistently sees near 50% growth quarter after quarter?

Tough question, usually headphones with similar sound quality cost about $20.

Check out literally any modern city in the western world, in the nehghborhoods where young professionals live. I live in a city of 800,000 people in a southern state, rode my bike five miles through a nice neighborhood. AirPods and Apple watches everywhere.

My city has 5M people. Even iPhones aren't that popular.

1.) Because Apple makes good products, despite all the memes Jow Forums spouts.
2.) Because Google is really bad with branding. REALLY bad. A Google product that's here now may not be here tomorrow.

Apple products will always have a market of fanboys to sell to.

I see a metric fuckton of people wearing Apple watches, so not sure where you're getting you're information and literally no one is wearing AirPod clones. Starting to see AirPods more and more, though.

>How did Apple completely win wearables?
They Did'nt and your not trying
>Android Wear - Dead
Nope my samsung gearfit 2 is awsome its ip68 waterproof and has gps cyclocomputer meme watchfaces 4gb BT music and is slim is fuck and cheap as fuck - got this metal band for 11 dollars !

>AirPods don't have any competitors
Fucking bullshit, so what if they are truely wireless, they are expensive and sound like shit acompared to my 20 dollar BGVP SDG DN1 with a 11 dollar MMCX BT adapter. They are loud and sound absolutely amazing at 1/10th the price

/thread

Attached: IMG_5675.jpg (3264x2448, 2.05M)

They're actually very good and you know it.

Why did you make a thread for this.

Because he gets paid 2 rupees for every shill thread he makes. Sage and report them.

I deal with upper class clients, some middle upper class. I've pretty much only seen them on women, but fairly rarely. Maybe 5% of females. The only guy who had one was a complete douchebag who had way less money than he was acting like.

>fuckton of people wearing Apple watches
that doesn't make it good and that metric fuckton of people is just where you are, not in the actual real world, since most corps are bailing out on the wearables or at least dialing it down a lot since it's not the center piece of anything.

9to5mac.com/2018/02/06/apple-watch-2017-sales/
macrumors.com/2018/05/01/apple-other-category-wearables-success/

??
I can walk down a single street and I guarantee you at least one person will have one.

To add to this, I know at least two people that specifically moved to iPhone from Android just so that they can get an Apple Watch. It's a pretty powerful device tbqh.

the one market apple doest dominate is the smart speaker market. Home Pod is way to expensive. Google and amazon own it

Ive never seen anyone wear an apple watch. What the fuck are you on to just see things out of thin air?

kek

this, plus the homepod's sales were terrible. i doubt they will continue it

>A Google product that's here now may not be here tomorrow.
Apple does do a great job at selling things forever. Eg. 2014 mac mini, 2012 mac pro, totally-not-2015 macbook air.

Everyone I know IRL either has a Pebble of some sort or no smartwatch at all. I don't think I've even seen another smartwatch in real life, except for sale in stores.

>Apple Watch is the entire "smartwatch market."
In what world?

You're right about number two at least.

>apple watch
>18 hour battery life
>screen only on when you need it
>fugly design and bulky as fuck
>has Stupid Fucking Voice Assistant(tm)
>barely "water resistant"

>pebble time round
>2+ day battery life
>screen always on albeit not as pretty
>all of the sensors of the apple watch sans heart rate, but was on later model pebbles
>gorgeous design, slim and works with anything because it's fucking round like a real watch
>can perform almost any siri actions with Snowy or built in text replies etc.
>completely waterproof

Fuck. Where did everything go so wrong? I thought the free market was supposed to allow the best products to flourish?

Attached: iu.jpg (1200x900, 788K)

>I thought the free market was supposed to allow the best products to flourish?
Who told you that bullshit?
Maybe if the free market was free of marketing.

I haven't seen a Pebble in years 2bh. The Apple watch is the only game in town if you hang out with normies. If you wear a watch, it's probably quartz and cheap, and if you have a smart watch, it's Apple's.

Can't say that's true from my experience.
It's more like, if you have an iPhone and a smartwatch, then it's an Apple Watch.
But there's plenty of people with Android phones and very few of both groups with a smartwatch.

On Appleshillia IV

>They Did'nt and your not trying
Source: you.

>Nope my samsung gearfit 2 is awsome its ip68 waterproof and has gps cyclocomputer meme watchfaces 4gb BT music and is slim is fuck and cheap as fuck - got this metal band for 11 dollars !
Translation: "I have a thing and I like it."

>Fucking bullshit, so what if they are truely wireless, they are expensive and sound like shit acompared to my 20 dollar BGVP SDG DN1 with a 11 dollar MMCX BT adapter. They are loud and sound absolutely amazing at 1/10th the price
Translation: "I have a thing and I like it."

Please stop bragging.

Smart watches are a meme that need to die stat.
Pebble, FitBit, Apple Watch, Android Wear, etc. It all needs to go.

AirPods don't have a competitor because although they don't sound amazing, they're way more convenient than pretty much every other option out there and have insane battery life.

ITT: people who don't own and have never used airpods

>the free market will make stuff good
No sweety, the free market benefits only the monopolys

Sorry you live in the boonies, user.

Pebble 2 > your smart watch

Attached: IMG_20180504_101520.jpg (2448x3264, 2.61M)

charge the damn battery u fruity faggot lithium ion cells degrade if you do full discharge/charge cycles on them when will you nicad faggots learn

Apple watch battery lasts 3 days easy, although if you connect bluetooth headphones it will last 1.5 days. Plus its only fugly if you have manlet wrists, do you even lift?

I only see iPhone X, iPods and Apple watches on sanjays and pajeetas

They own fucking nothing but have all this stupid ass apple shit. Most white people just have an iphone 8 and macbook or something then stop there

My charger is in another country right now

Seems like there's a real disconnect between the technology Jow Forums champions and the technology that people want to buy

>1000 cycles of 0%-100% degrade the battery as much as 2000 cycles of 50%-100%
Now recall some primary school arithmetic, try thinking for a moment and realise that both cases have same battery degradation after same Ah use AKA after same amount of use