Resumes/CV

Resumes/CV

What do you guys put under skills ?

Attached: 2018-05-03 15_08_23.png (439x102, 5K)

My skills

nunchuk skills

i bet my left nut that nerd has never used UNIX

I can bet all three of my nuts that nerd has never used UNIX.

I'm applying for lots of financial services jobs so I've put 'professional discretion' but it looks a bit weird.

Attached: Screenshot_20180503-202455.png (1920x1080, 291K)

>Windows 10
Why would you specify version of windows here?

>languages I actually know more than basic syntax (i.e. the ones I know the standard library well enough to answer simple algorithm/data structure quizzes)
>frameworks I have some experience with that use said languages (Spring, Angular, Django, etc.)
>workflow related tools I know how to use: Git, Mercurial, Gulp, Jenkins, Docker, Webpack, SaSS, shit like that
>Other relevant Software I've worked with and are relevant to the job I'm applying: Operational Systems, Office package ones, shit like MATLAB, R, Photoshop/GIMP, 3ds Max/Maya

If you're applying for a frontend job your MATLAB knowledge is basically useless, but knowing Photoshop, for instance, could be relevant, so pick the ones that actually seem to matter.

Ideallly you should also have a link to your github or some other repository somewhere in your CV where you have projects showing you using the skills you said you have.

Hmm good catch, I was thinking it might make me seem familiar with the modern micosoft tech stack but I didn't notice that it was the only OS release I'd mentioned explicitly.

I personally put in anything I had even the slightest amount of experience with. Use PHP once in a vulnhub ctf? Add it to my list of languages.

Honestly, most of finding a job is just getting past HR filters. Most jobs in tech are waaaay easier than they lead on, unless it's actual backend software development.

>java
>c#
>mentioning IDEs
meme

>perl
That's not going to impress a lot of people.

I put "I can drink soda through my nose if you give me a straw" and got the job. Got promoted two months later. I credit that talent to extensive cocaine use.

Attached: IMG_20180503_141830_661.jpg (555x435, 37K)

>OS: Linux
Umm sweetie... Linux is a kernel... do you have experience writing code for the kernel? If you mean the OS then you should write GNU/Linux

Haven't worked since 2013.
My life is a mess and in the past year I'm feeling always sick and tired.

Attached: hikkikomori.png (560x410, 517K)

No one on earth would write 'GNU/Linux' on their cv. It makes you look like a raving ideologue as opposed to a professional candidate.

Your formatting honestly looks like shit, user. Why do you have it center aligned?

Fizzbuzz in multiple languages

>ides
>linux
Not gonna make it

Fug :DDD

m-macOS counts, right?

Attached: 1498110484834.jpg (645x901, 193K)

Attached: 5KERSGb.gif (500x309, 408K)

tfw ywn get a job as Avatar

JSON

Attached: terminal.png (1024x768, 516K)

Linux IS a whole operating system. Maybe not a desktop operating system like you're used to having, but still an operating system

MS Office

As someone who sees the slew of resumes come in through greenhouse:
- drop the entire OS crap, just list it under some tech bullet that you work with it
- the IDE crap is worthless, no one cares
- drop "other" completely, most generic shit that no one cares about, it's like saying "team player", no shit, you have to be a team player or you'll be fired
- mariadb is not a "web" technology, it's a RDBMS, change this to a list of technologies, put git under here, only put things under here you have a reasonable degree of comfort working with, explaining, and ready to be drilled to a degree on