This is my new processor, say something nice about her

This is my new processor, say something nice about her.

Attached: IMG_20180503_235647.jpg (3264x2448, 2.12M)

>athlon
>new
what is this, 2012?

It's a 2016 model. Enjoy your intel ME/ amd PSP tho.

>her
Shall we tell him?

2 years late fren

Much faster than the Phenom X4 9650 I used until last year.

Attached: 1522178955993.jpg (600x646, 72K)

Best $50 I ever spent.

mine is better

Attached: better.jpg (4032x3024, 1.91M)

Imagine having a processor exactly 10 years ago that's miles ahead of what today's anons have.
Fucking poorfags need to leave this board with their shit

This.
Ryzen isn't even expensive

I'm calling it, some neckbeard NEET is going to reply with something along the lines of "why would you need that much power for shitposting and watching anime" and will take pride in it.

god i remember owing an athlon 750k. upgrading to a 6700k was a night and day difference. at least amd make decent processors now

You realize not everyone needs high end pc?
I mean i dont know whats the reason behind going for athlon instead of ryzen except maybe he got it for really cheap (used, from friend idk.) or wanting to leave his old mbo, ddr3 ram etc.
I still have fx8320 and for games i play i dont need anything more right now.

>her

Attached: DSC_0059.jpg (3840x2160, 2.97M)

It's likely you overpaid for that. Even if it was free.

I paid $17 for mine.

Attached: file.png (1600x870, 1.34M)

I have it for my router/home server, nice little thing. 4 cores is some great stuff.

Expensive hardware is usually purchased by manchildren who spend huge portions of their lives playing video games. Nice cpu OP

Who is this qt girl (male)?

I bought this for an HTPC because I found a used ITX FM2+ board for like $40. It was pretty decent too.

Bulldozer a cute.

Attached: 2017-08-26-484.jpg (4000x2248, 1.25M)

PC hardware is a pretty cheap hobby, I'll never get why people on here and /v/ complain about hardware prices. I mean compare to something like guns, cars or even trading cards.

>Enjoy your PSP tho.
That processor has PSP.

>purchased an APU without the iGPU for a HTPC

based friendposters

Attached: 1462903937182.jpg (638x792, 61K)

I had a spare GTX 960 lying around, Bought the Cooler Master 130 Elite because it has a 5.25" bay for a Bluray drive.

>GTX 960 lying around
That's a pretty nice setup user, would love one of those myself for midrange gaming in 2018.

Could've gone with a ryzen processor for $100, but I can see why you'd get it if you're on a budget.

Attached: 1516390639578.jpg (552x414, 48K)

came here to post this

What did they mean by this
Enjoy your lower IPC

This rinky dink AMD CPU beats the best core 2 quads, so there is no such CPU from 10 years ago.
Enjoy your spectre/meltdown patch performance loss.

I've used a lower-end Athlon II for quite a while, it's pretty good for a budget CPU.

Ding ding ding. $50 for the 845, $50 for the mobo. No perceivable performance loss coming from the broken i5-2400.
Ryzen would not have passed an ABX test over this but costs 4x more.

>buying any other CPUs after Ryzen was released
I can't see why anyone would do that. Ryzen has so many price points for everybody and they are all practically the same CPU with different amount of cores.

see
You must be daft to swap perfectly good DDR3 for overpriced DDR4.

Memory prices are why I think a gigabyte 970 board and FX-8350 is still a pretty good budget option.

970 boards are surprisingly hard to find these days outside the USA.

That sucks, because if you're not OCing, 970 works fine, and ebay sellers are asshole about the price of 990FX board.

Attached: 970.png (1523x829, 835K)

How important are VRM heatsinks and how do I get some?

VRM heatsinks are pretty important, anything that has a heatsink on it should pull off a mild oc without burning up, but anything that doesn't have a mosfet heatsink, don't bother with an FX83XX.

If your board doesn't have a mosfet heatsink, you'll have to ghetto mount a fan above it.

The CPU fan moves some air around but the chokes still get toasty? Do those little copper heatsinks off aliexpress do anything?

Attached: IMG_20180504_094202.jpg (3264x2448, 3.03M)

Yeah mosfets get really hot even with the incidental airflow from the downdraft cooler.

You don't look to have a really high tdp cpu so I wouldn't worry about it, it's the FX 8000 that can burn shit up because it uses more watts than an LGA 2011 chip and for some reason amd allowed it to work on 3 phase VRM boards.

I'd still like this mobo to last me as long as possible. Somewhere in the 6-7 years range, at least.

>You realize not everyone needs high end pc?
yes we bloody do, every 1-2 years your "high end" pc turns into the new midrange and after that low.

This is especially true for GPU's

that's not true. My i7 3770 and r9 fury are still considered higher than a mid range PC. Not as high as a high end but it sure as hell is still competitive against modern i5/r5 and better than gtx 1060/rx 580.

Quads of malice. Shoo, gamer dog. We mostly have incompetent developers to blame for performance loss.

>New "Spectre-NG" exploit just discovered
>only affecting Intel CPU's
>8 varients of exploit

>This isn't including SpectrePrime and MeltdownPrime discovered a month or so ago.

You did good OP.

>tfw Bulldozer keeps you warm and secure

Attached: IMG_0213.jpg (4032x3024, 1.59M)

>implying 4k anything is possible with current ancient 14nm hardware
Lol deluded poorfag
your cpu is fine but that fury only had 4gb of ram and that was a issue on release much more so now 2+ years later with games pushing huge texture packs and 4k becoming more normal

1440p/144hz > 4k
any
day

Learn to manage your hobbies you dumb dumb.

>DURRR MY HOBBY IS BETTER THAN URS
We have the same hobby?

I just downsample 4k to my 2k old monitor and run at 65-100fps+

And I play 1280x1024 at 2x/4x SSAA on my r7 250x, 77hz.

Attached: DSC_0022.jpg (3840x2160, 2.97M)

FUCK that syringe, it splurts liquid everywhere.

Not if you are careful.

Attached: DSC_0024.jpg (3840x2160, 2.89M)

Shintelfags:
>muh single core performance
>no one needs more than 2 cores!
Also shintelfags:
>fx bulldozer, haHah!
>athlon is literally useless

>meanwhile he's shitposting on his """asthetic""" $800 laptop with an i5, 4 gb ddr3 and shintelLDgraphics

The absolute state...

FX is shit. Athlon X4/Phenom II is still usable for basic desktop tasks, but consumes much and has a completely outdated platform.
>A guy who owns two Ryzen 7 processors

Many shintelfags only care about "muh clocks" and nothing else. Except when it comes to fx. That is what I was referring to.

FX 9590 still has the heaviest baseclock off all CPUs released, but it is weak as fuck. Probably 50 % of a Ryzens singlethread.

These are my new daily settings.

Attached: 1899.jpg (3840x2160, 469K)

The FX is still completely usable for everything including gaming.

>8cores 16 threads
>3.7 ghz base clocks
>12 nm
>under 350 bucks
OP as fuck. Only a few years back we were seeing quad cores priced over $400. Atleast some richfags are keeping the market stable instead of buying the latest lake fires, noice.

If you mean League of Legends and games from before 2012, maybe. Anything 1080 will shutter like hell.
Even the 1700, paid 250 for it, 3.8 GHz in my HTPC gets around 90 % if the performance. Imagine there are people who bought Core i5s for the same money in 2017.

Not really, my pc is from 2013 and i can still play most games 1080p/60fpfs, some might not be in ultra settings but its not low either, csgo 200fps maxed, fortnite 70fps epic settings, bf1 high 70fps but sometimes drops due to cpu bottleneck, not to mention there is ton of singleplayer games that are not that difficult to run.
If you had something like 290x or 780 back in the days, you can still play most games on ultra with decent cpu, that is if you are not planing on 1440p or 4k.

>If you had something like 290x or 780
>tfw I didn't Just Waitâ„¢ and bought a 670
if only I hadn't been a cheapskate and also waited longer this thing barely got me through metro last light

Attached: 1510693846952.png (720x404, 199K)

Nvidia is shitty with tesselation, my 760 worked fine on metro high settings without tesselations, as soon as i turned it on it dropped to like 40fps

Hey if you got a good deal for it or you had a motherboard for it laying around or whatever, I hope it serves you well.

Pedophile

Huh?

>760
piss weak shit card

It's plenty enough for souls games.

Its weak, but can run optimized games with no problem, as i said before, nvidia is really shitty once you get to game that isnt that optimized, meanwhile amd card has no problem running it.
Games like bf3-bf4 run on ultra 1080/60 but once you get to something like metro, you can only take settings down, becouse it wont run it properly

So excuse my autism, but I have an FX-4100, the shittest bulldozer, overclocked to 4.7GHz (1.1GHz over stock), and even only allowing my windows VM 3 cores, it can still run everything I bother to play on it. Before I switched to linux + win10 PCI passthrough VM, it was (obviously) even better. I don't often play triple A bullshit games, but I was still easily getting 100+ fps in stuff around the graphical quality of Nier Automata and Overwatch and easily over 60 in more hefty stuff like PUBG, RE7, DS3, DiRT Rally and the Witcher 3. This is all with either a 1060 or a fucking GTX 680, with reasonable settings to match. Hell, I was getting 85-100 fps on high settings in Overwatch on that 680. Even now, in my VM, with only 3 cores, I can max Overwatch out and get around the same, with a good chunk of headroom on the GPU. Neither is stuttery at 1080p.

These chips are really not as much of a trashfire as you probably think, don't talk shit. It's a bottleneck sure, the 1060 carries it in a lot of things, and with only 3 cores for gaming in my vm, it's very fucking obvious. You can watch the CPU and GPU load bars while you turn settings up and actually pinpoint the moment its heart breaks in half. Hell, it might not even fare as well with newer stuff, I honestly don't think I've played any new releases in 6-8 months, but it's still definitely better than you're implying. I think you're underestimating how stagnant PC tech has been since like 2013 or so.

Bulldozer's the little microarchitecture that could (but only if you OC them really hard), despite how shitty their launch was, and the broken microcode early on that led to people like me getting 3 fps in literally every game using DirectX for weeks, the pretty bad early price to performance ratio, the horrible power consumption, etc.

I dunno man, it's alright.

Try playing a cpu intensive game and come back. Dark Souls 1 with DSFix

why would you need that much power for shitposting and watching anime

I dunno why you think DS1 with DSFix is all that hard to run man. I was literally in contact with the developer of DSFix for a short while regarding some of the SSAO problems and how to go about fixing them. I used the 60 FPS unlock on the day it was released, and I'm pretty sure I was playing on a 560 back then too.

Attached: ds1.png (263x38, 5K)

no its called your gpu is shit
760 was always bad

Good enough for gaming, good enough for everything else.

lol even my 1080 struggles what basedgames u playing

nigga i used a 560ti until last year with minimal issues
most games are not actually that hard to run if you don't set them to max fucking settings you chode
why are you so angry about a gpu

Only Germanic people say him, not anglo-saxons or communist Russians. It's motherland for others, while fartherland for scandinavians and germans, netherlands and probably a few others.

>most games are not actually that hard to run if you don't set them to max fucking settings you chode
fuck off u glorified console faggot

>1080 struggles

what the fuck do you have a heater pointed at your case or something? I'm more interested in what basedgames you're playing

anything at 4k even at low settings dies in the ass
siege runs like crap at 1080p

>4k
nice meme

>siege runs like crap
no shit

So 280 which is almost same as 760 in battlefield has no problem running metro with tesselation and gets 20fps more is not becouse of amds raw power?
Please go back to your cave, if someone else doesnt have same budget as you, you dont have to talk like that

I have a 760 paired w a 8320 oc'd and i can run pretty much any game (fallout 4, tw warhammer, pubg) on high without suffering so much from the FPS loss (45-60)..with the most recent games it's started to suffer a bit but i think the card did pretty well
all my shits four years old and still running well

how is playing vidya and not taking bath better than watching anime?

pc hardware takes a chunk of everyone's budget for chicken tendies

It is, but you do realize that not everybody in world has same wage?
Someone who earns 500$ monthly most likely wont spend as much as someone who earns 2-3k, also some people want to save up for car, house etc. or just simply dont need beefy pc but like hobby

4GB VRAM may be mid-range but the GPU in the fury is still quite powerful.

4GB is still enough for 1080p and 1440p.

if you like it, fair play. not my thing but i really dont care pal.

that processor features botnet too user, don't tell me you're stupid enough to think that you can avoid it just by switching brands to a 2 year old CPU

>It's a 2016 model. Enjoy your intel ME/ amd PSP tho.
You bought the wrong one..........

We have said this on Jow Forums many times only the FX series based on Bulldozer/Piledriver do not have PSP and are able to work still with BIOS based Gigabyte 990fx or 970fx boards

Last FX-83**(e) rolled out of the factory in January of 2017.

>uses the same amount of power as a ryzen 1700 while performing much worse
lmao

How about 8 years old? Let's say... i7 980x.

So, yeah.

i had that cooler, cm said it would support am4, it fucking didn't

They really should be clearer about it, apparently there's brackets that you can buy to make it work, but don't list it as compatible while selling new boxes that don't come with it.

i couldnt find any brackets for the hyper t4, ended up just using the stock cooler, pleasantly surprised by it desu

That spiral cooler is really good,shame you gotta wait for the cooler companies to catch up with this socket that's been around for a while

>athlons have PSP
Source?