Is "computer science theory" is just a polite way to say "the math that is actually useful"?

Is "computer science theory" is just a polite way to say "the math that is actually useful"?

Attached: 1200px-Binary_tree.svg.png (1200x1000, 51K)

I just came here to say that computer scientists like trees that grow down. Mathematicians like trees that grow up.

Also this post is retarded KYS OP

In a sense.

Mathematicians tend to write trees sideways, or down, because it's more naturally for tree sizes that continue in an unknown length

>Mathematicians tend to write trees sideways, or down, because it's more naturally for tree sizes that continue in an unknown length

it's an apocryphal joke that apparently you haven't heard before. (wooosh) the joke being computer scientists don't know what a real tree looks like.

Can someone make a "chad computer scientist VS virgin mathematician" meme?

Is type theory and formal logic a computer science or a mathematical subject? Because derivation trees grow down there.

Computer science.

no. "counting" would be a more accurate description of CS. "math that is actually useful" implies all kinds of things that is orders of magnitude out of intellectual reach for CSlets.

Is "business theory" just a polite way to say "the economics that is actually useful"?

No because the two disciplines have different goals.

well dingus it's both, but i'd argue a heavier footprint from comp-sci, so you'll see it grow down. Mathematicians believe it or not _do take some lead_ from comp sci in certain cases.

It can be both, I work in formal semantics as a mathematician.

CS people do type theory and formal semantics a certain way, basically all the formalism about the concept of "Algorithm" is made by them.

Mathematicians do them differently, using our own methods (thm, proof based) and our own abstract structures. The biggest difference.

In general, is that most mathematicians working in computation use Mathematical Logic, while CS people do most thing in a "constructive way" (algorithmic).

The other big one, is, surprisingly philosophers. I don't really understand what they do very well, but it is a lot better that what you would except.

Pic related is an actual thing they do.

Attached: 14907261_1160383567348959_1598481068777622843_n.jpg (960x336, 25K)

>MAF is stoopid. I dunno a use four anythin outsyde muh fiel so it must be useless.

Attached: dumb wojak 16.jpg (628x534, 75K)

Da mafs peepooles and da compusci peapoes shuld be fren

Stahp dis

if you mean shit like big O notation then sure. everything else is fucking useless

t. basedbrain

Holy shit is this a new filter for br4inlet?
Test: brainlet.

Yes, except it's not useful.

Not even that

Bainlet

Its for 50ybrain or anything with 50y

Biologists are in fuck my shit up mode when it comes to trees

Attached: 56c951f23a9092f45b66768ff611fca6debf9294.png (1843x472, 22K)

>tfw biologist and comp sci
Kang of da tree

Its still useless though

>50y
sòyboy grave digger detected.