Mate should just die tbπ. No reason to exist other than splitting the community even more

Mate should just die tbπ. No reason to exist other than splitting the community even more.

Attached: mate.png (1366x768, 532K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trinitydesktop.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why? some people like the old shit, and the other old DEs don't have as much development nowadays as MATE does.

MATE is best desktop environment (as long as it's not paired with systemd).

>tbπ
Imagine having such a desire to act like a nigger that you would go out of your way to do this.

I rather have Gnome cease development so we can focus fully on KDE, which is the only viable solution now anyway.

The GNOME "community" deserves to be split.

Put of trying KDE for like 2 years and tried every other DE basically.
I tried it last week and by far and away the best DE. Not even remotely close.

The aberration called Gnome 3 should die, no reason to exist.

smπ soiboi f@m

good that you had waited 2 years. Had you only waited one year, your opinion would be opposite.

mate should die but only if kde3 is brought back

I love mate and ubuntu mate is better than ever distro, fuck off kiddo.

I tried KDE once one or two years ago, and it was absolutely terrible

Should I try it again?

mate is why no one used stock debian for years

kde plasma gets cred for trying something fresh and new even if its not for me... same with budgie and elementary

i have no need for mate or gnome of xfce since i have had cinnamon in my life

unity can fucking burn in depths of hell

Every desktop deserves to exist....well except lumina. deepin. and pantheon

trinitydesktop.org/

Yes

Only issue I has was the highlighting with mouse over wasnt working but it wasnt kde’s fault I had to install nvidia driver.

Not that user but yes, I think it's improved quickly as well

>splitting the community even more

GOOD

>latest KDE sucks
>latest Gnome sucks
>everything else is mediocre at best
I see nothing wrong with MATE. It's not that good but it rises high above the competition with such low standards to meet.

I feel the same way about Windows XP classic interface (dual boot with MATE), but what can you say to modernists, flat interface lovers? they just think you're too old and inflexible to change or have nostalgia lenses.
the old desktop interfaces really are objectively more functional.

I've been a KDE man for a few years now but every once in a while I use MATE for a bit and it's fantastic user.
Literally only KDE and MATE have proper HiDPi support on linux (not I would know sadly)

Attached: Screenshot_20180426_202246.png (1366x768, 1.11M)

Gnome fucked up so hard that TWO projects forked their shit

I'm running Mate on a Pinebook and want to destroy both

Is Mate using GTK 2 or GTK 3?

gtk3 only since version 1.16

>the old desktop interfaces really are objectively more functional
This is absolutely true. I use MaXX Interactive daily and it's great. MaXX Interactive is a desktop environment that's a fork of some programs and the 4Dwm from IRIX 6.5. There's no retarded edge snapping, no retarded tiny menus all over. It has just enough to keep me focused on running programs and not playing with the GUI too much. I like the way it minimizes applications into nice big squares that are easy to find instead of some Windows-like taskbar trash, and I can drag the iconified windows all over the display. The toolchest offers shortcuts to my most used applications, and I keep some on the desktop.

Outside of the ROX file browser and Firefox, I don't really use any GUI applications. I've come to prefer the speed and simplicity of CLI applications that have a nice ncurses interface like alsamixer.

Attached: 2018-05-03-231739_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 357K)

I like MATE, but XFCE has more easily accesible configuration options.

Is cozy though. If we've gotta kill one off, I vote for xface.

that looks cozy, just needs haiku style window tabbing and snapping

I like the fact that KDE doesn't hide things from you, but the design is piss poor. There's no consistency or thought behind it - the devs just slapped everything together at the last minute.