Normalfags, Obsolescence, and Technology

Am I the only one that sees that most consumertards never take care of their technology besides spending the vast majority of their income on it?
>unreasonably large percentage of people walk around with cracked phone screens
>when I see someone's smartphone it typically has scratches, no case or screen protector
>most devices are at most 1 year old, no older, everything is regularly replaced even if working fine
>fans are covered in gunk, keyboards are covered in fucking fungus, etc.
Reminder, these aren't chink devices that cost $10, these are $600+, so longetivity isn't something you can disregard like with a cheaper device.

Why do they do this?

Attached: o-BROKEN-PHONE-SCREEN-facebook.jpg (2000x1000, 248K)

lmao fuckoff poorfag i'll get another one

>unreasonably large percentage of people walk around with cracked phone screens
accidents happen
>no case or screen protector
>>>>>making your phone look really uglly but having control over when it looks ugly to prevent it from becoming permanently slightly ugly and spending (((money))) to do this
retard
>most devices are at most 1 year old, no older, everything is regularly replaced even if working fine
poorfag
show me a keyboard with a mushroom

But why?
This isn't even a question of money, you're literally just wasting your time.
>break it
>order new thing
>it takes a week to arrive
>can't use your device until it arrives
>time has been wasted
Or.
>go to store
>waste time driving to store
>waste time standing in line
>waste time driving back
>waste time unboxing and setting up new device
>time has been wasted

>mfw this is the state of nu/g/.
Accidents only happen to those retarded enough to permit accidents to happen.
>hurr durr i want my device to look cool because i'm too insecure about my social status to just use technology that i like
I pity you.

>hurr durr i want my device to look cool because i'm too insecure about my social status to just use technology that i like
Making things look nice is just a social thing, right?

Why do you care about the looks of something that's built to be purely functional?
You're supposed to be looking at the display, not the device itself if you didn't know before.

Because so far as I've been getting it, your only arguments are "POORFAG" and "IT DOESN'T LOOK AESTHETIC", neither of which are adequate enough to refute my previous points.

Plus, there are screen protectors that're barely visible and cases that look better than the actual device.

Ive never dropped my phone and had it do damage do it. Making my phone look ugly and the touchscreen feel like shit is not worth protecting my phone from maybe being damaged if i drop it. You only need a case/screen protector if you are a 25 year old boomer with parkinsons. If it does happen, ill just get another one because im not a retarded NEET

What the fuck do you mean

If you've never damaged your phone without using a screen protector or case, all the more praise to you. But if you haven't noticed, my argument was about those that fuck up their devices and clearly aren't competent enough to not-damage them. In the case of incompetence, it's better for people to sacrifice the looks of their device for the long term benefit of not fucking breaking the device.

It is simple,i m just filthy rich so i buy new device every 3months,then i have someone to set it up in single day,while it is setting up i use my new device.

^not really tho,just wanted to make the rich argument stronger.

I never broke or damaged single electronic device in my life. Someone stole my GPS tho.

'i use my old device
Typed new for some reason

Imo it is all in the mind. If people have to pay the full 600 up front then they will take better care of their shit and protect it. If you pay 30 a month you become more careless cause you think well the majority is for the plan and not the system, also ignorance since they either think the provider will replace their shit when they fuck up and knowing they can get another just by hanging onto it for another year.

It's just bad design.
It's a device that's supposed to be on you wherever your go, and frequently taken out. And it breaks when it accidentally falls on the street.
Look at old watches, they come with a chain or a wrist strap for a reason.

To make people buy and use extra cases or screen protectors, which ruins their heavily advertised thinness and looks is such bullshit only Apple could have started it.

Never broke a screen because I use small light plastic Android phones that can be tossed around without breaking.

What do you anons think of the Fairphone?
I've been thinking of getting one and a shit-ton of spare parts with it since it seems pretty based.

>not barebacking your phone

Imagine a person of average intelligence. Next, realize that (roughly) half of people are even dumber than that person.

>Why do you care about the looks of something that's built to be purely functional?
There's no reason for function to preclude form. Having things around you look nice increases quality of life. Walls are just made to be functional, so why paint them or clad them with wallpaper?

>Plus, there are screen protectors that're barely visible and cases that look better than the actual device.
If that is so, I have seen neither. Also, the absence of them reminds me to be careful with my phone instead. To wit, it has neither scratches nor bumpmarks.

americans...

>In the case of incompetence, it's better for people to sacrifice the looks of their device for the long term benefit of not fucking breaking the device.
So why can't they "sacrifice the looks" by having a crack in the screen, then?

>based
>envirocuck
Pick one.

People can't repair their phones even if it would be easy with a $15 replacement part. But of course they can spend $600 again, soon.

You sound like a very boring, empty person. I mean this honestly.

I want to agree but then I remember I go through hundreds of dollars of good quality earbuds every year because i'm careless with them and always bend them to where they short and only go to one audio channel.
It's easier for some people to just keep fucking buying new shit instead of taking minutes each day putting things into cases.

Thats a quote from someone right?

>muh freedums and death to le corporations
>FUCK HIPSTERS AND ENVIROKEKS THEY ARE TEH EVIL
Pick one.

I use a case but one thing that annoys me is my phone (iphone 6) is the perfect size for me with NO case. Wish they made phones just a bit less wide.

If these fags didn't want me to break the screens then they wouldn't make the screens so big.

>he fell for the phablet meme
Heh kiddo.

Sure, it's a paraphrase at the very least.

Because by sacrificing the looks in the form of breaking the screen, they impair the longetivity and functionality of the device instead of just looking ugly.

>they impair the longetivity and functionality of the device instead of just looking ugly.
I've seen lots of smartphones that work perfectly well with broken screen and have lasted for many years afterwards.

You are stupid. Let me, non-exhaustively, list some of your errors.
>Corporations are not intrinsically evil
>Envirocucks are among the foremost causes of loss freedom
>Envirokeks and other communists, despite their rhetoric to the contrary, in practice love big companies and use all their products, pic related
>The vast majority of envirosucks are urban-dwellers who don't live what they teach

Attached: apple-4.jpg (675x665, 49K)

Only normies crack their phones. Stop associating with niggers

God the part about cracked phone screens is spot on. I've been using smartphones since 2011 and I've NEVER broken a screen. I seriously don't get how so many normies can do that.
I mean, it's not hard at all to take proper care of your electronics.

I haven’t broken a screen since 2007 until a year ago and a month ago. I swear its the larger phone sizes, but unlike normies I fix it myself.

>no case
cuz I pay money for a nice phone design so it feels good in my hand, why the fuck would I wanna ruin that by wraping it in a condom?

The main reason I've been very close to breaking my screen is because the new phones seem to be actively slippery. Compared to my old HTC Desire, the new phones are like soap bars. I tend to keep my phone in my breast pocket, and they start slipping out if I just bend forwards like 45°. To make matters even worse, the disappearing bezels make the phones more difficult to hold too, since you can't wrap your fingers around to the front side anymore.

Yeah, I mean, I understand that breaking a screen CAN happen, the problem is that they don't fix it.
Come on, I refuse to believe every single normalfag with a broken screen had broken it the exact same day I sae them. Sometimes they keep them like thst for months.
Not only do they look fucking ugly, sometimes the touchscreen doesn't even work properly, so it's also a perfectly valid functional concern.
If I ever break a phone screen, I'll get it fixed ASAP.

Speaking for myself, I didn't repair my phone screen for 4 years, the reason simply being that the crack in it didn't impact its function at all. I'm not going to pay for a minor aesthetic fix.

Good for you if it's minor and you don't care. Something like OP's pic, however, would be inexcusable.

When did this "am I the only one ?" facebook trend started on Jow Forums ?
Yeah, of 7 billion people on the Earth you are the only one who does that.

I'm sure it's perfectly possibly to live with the damage in OP's pic too, if you just squint hard enough when using it. Is your main point here really just the exact quantitative point of when you should or should not care?

>nice phone design so it feels good in my hand
Bullshit, every high end phone is either brushed metal or ceramic and those are slippery as fuck.

you also forgot time invested through money