Howdy Jow Forumsentlemen

Howdy Jow Forumsentlemen,

What, in your opinion, is the best solution for READING/SENDING TEXT MESSAGES between Android and Windows?

Been using Signal for Desktop along with Whatsapp Web and I love the functionality of both of them, however I hate that even though I use Signal for SMS I can't send or view SMS from Desktop (and because Signal encrypts all SMS it breaks functionality of thirdparty solutions like pushbullet)

There's a fuck ton of options out there;
Pushbullet
Pulse Text
Mighty Text
Airdroid
Samshit Sidesync
Just to name a few. Which one would you recommend? Why? What's your experience been like with this shit?

Attached: text.png (640x340, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaomgcd.join
support.signal.org/hc/en-us/articles/214515938-Can-I-send-SMS-MMS-on-the-Desktop-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ms office suite

ha ha ha

riveting discussion, Jow Forums
>tech advice/opinion related thread gets single troll reply
>analog watch thread has 100+ replies

As with all things android, Samsung does it the best.

KDE Connect

I use Signal on my phone and desktop and it works fine. What are you talking about?

Are you recommending Sidesync? I have the option to use it, what benefits does it have over others? Can I text from it without having to mirror my whole android?

Does samsung keep android up to date or do none of the manufacturers do this for 4 year old phones for example?

>tfw have an iphone 6s and macbook but cant do fucking shit because you run debian
> imessage is literally the only advantage of fagOS

Attached: DarthTonto.jpg (816x462, 188K)

They keep the flagship phones up to date, the cheap ones not so much. We still use Note 4's at work and they got an update last month.

Yes, use it.

Is there anyway to tell what is and isnt flagship? Just big names like note, pixel, galaxy? Thats one thing ive liked about ios is i have an iphone 6 and its sill getting updates.

If I do go android I am considering lineage os since its the only way to avoid google botnet from what I gather?

I'm talking about the fact that you can't send SMS from the Signal Desktop app, only Signal encrypted messages to other signal users

Ohhh, right. My bad.

Since you're on Android, I recommend using Join. It's an amazing app that has a desktop app, a browser extension, etc, and lets you send SMS, MMS, files, etc, back and forth from phone to desktop, and to anyone in your contacts.

I used it a lot before I switched to iPhone 6s. iMessage is a god tier software, and it lets me send SMS.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaomgcd.join

I should add: It has a 30 day free trial, and then a one-time $5 charge. I bought it since it's made by a single person in his spare time, and it's REALLY powerful.

I think you must link your phone to your desktop in setting

Note is the flagship. They sometimes call the latest galaxy s (atm galaxy s9) flagship but that's just marketing.

Signal on android wont let you connect with a desktop and then send sms? Thought you could

Oh. Thats kinda lame that their only flagship is a big phone.

I like the iphone 6 size without a case, with a case I’m noticing hand strain over time but Im not risking caseless... iphone se on the otherhand is a bit too small. Sigh.

>a phone popular with 4' tall Korean girls is too big for me
user I...

What about google voice? It can do SMS and MMS, and supports every platform Chrome supports, plus it has native apps for virtually every mobile platform.

>inb4 security and shit

Yes, this isn't an option for you if privacy is important, but then anything that uses the PSTN/mobile phone network isn't really secure anyway.

Women are used to holding large shit in their hand

Also have wrist arthritis from liftig

Telegram+Telegram desktop.

S9 is pretty close to iphone 6 in width which is most important to me; I wouldnt mind if the phone were taller its the spreading my index/middle finger to hold the wider phone that fatigued.

This doesn't support SMS???

100% I assure you it only allows you to send Signal encrypted messages to other signal users, you cannot send SMS through the desktop app while you can send SMS through the android app

I mean if somebody on their cell phone, who has the number 555-... HAS signal on that phone. You can enter that phone number into signal desktop and send them a message, correct?

Yes, they have to have Signal on their phone and they will receive the message on their Signal app instead of their default messaging app because it does not send SMS from computer

support.signal.org/hc/en-us/articles/214515938-Can-I-send-SMS-MMS-on-the-Desktop-

"Signal Desktop does not send or receive SMS/MMS messages. Only Signal messages will be sent or received. As always, Signal messages are private, at no additional cost (free), and transmit over the internet."

I think this is a feature.

You WANT this. Otherwise if you send someone the message and signal realizes “hey this guy doesnt have signal give him the message as sms” thats leaking your message out with no encryption.

JOIN.

It's an Android app/extension. Send SMS via desktop.

the galaxy s line is the flagship phone line, the note line is flagship phablet plus more. like how mercedes and maybach. interesting note is that the note series will usually preview elements that will show up in the next s series.

I used AirDroid and it just worked, don't know about the rest