I spent 3 minutes in the keyboard shortcut menu and recreated i3's layout and shortcuts almost 1:1

I spent 3 minutes in the keyboard shortcut menu and recreated i3's layout and shortcuts almost 1:1.
Why the fuck should I bother with meme shit like dwm or i3 when KDE offers flawless tiling ootb WITHOUT the need for any custom scripting, has fucking composting so I don't have to fucking around with garbage like compton, has proper notifications, power management, a proper lock screen etc etc etc
krunner is orders of magnitude more capable than dmenu as well. It's also a QT environment so I don't have to deal with the nigger-tier gtk file picker.
This isn't even any meme terminal, it's just konsole. it even works with the ranger preview scripts that you monkeys jerk off too in every desk-screenfetch thread
I hate to say it, but tileniggers btfo

Attached: neofetch-2018-05-03-07-20-33-1901.png (1366x768, 74K)

Attached: neofetch-2018-05-03-07-39-35-291.png (1366x768, 109K)

and here's proof that konsole is just as capable as suckscocks terminal and all the other crap you guys use

Attached: Screenshot_20180503_194920.png (1083x492, 376K)

but the point of i3 is to not install KDE

i3 offers none of the features of KDE, while KDE does everything i3 does.
It's basic economics user
Also at this point KDE 5.12 has a lower memory footprint than even xfces, and you can turn off all the graphical stuff if you're one of the poorfags running a pentium 4 shitbox.

I dont give a fuck about any of this but good taste in whores user

tilelets on suicide watch
another one gets kuked

Attached: gtk-qt-cucks.png (1280x809, 205K)

you sold me OP, now I want to give this a try and move from Xubuntu. Would Neon be my best bet to preserve all of the Ubuntu compatibilities.

I need sauce on that font NOW

At this point we're talking about a ~300MB difference between a WM and full blown DE.
Unless you have 2 gigs of RAM, its not an issue.

If you like XFCE and it doesnt tear on you - not worth changing, but worth giving a try on live cd.

Care to share your shortcuts, OP? I'm stuck with KDE at work and I'd like to replicate i3 features, mainly automatic splitting into columns, stacked/split mode, and vertical and horizontal subsplitting.

KDE involves a lot of stuff that should not be running on my machine. Literally hundreds of extra software packages written by random internet people.

I just went down the kwin shortcut list and made them similar to i3
there's also a special tiling script for kwin that you can install in the settings app for dynamic resizing, modes etc.

congrats, glad you like kde but not everyone does
>Why the fuck should I bother with meme shit like dwm or i3 when KDE offers flawless tiling ootb WITHOUT the need for any custom scripting
i don't need scripts for i3 though. what are you talking about?
>has fucking composting so I don't have to fucking around with garbage like compton
compton works on my machine and follows unix philosophy better, which i like
>has proper notifications
dunst
>power management
haven't had to worry about this because i don't have linux on a laptop, but i'm sure standalone power management utilities exist
>a proper lock screen
display managers are standalone, has almost nothing to do with which WM/DE you use. personally i just use i3lock which is also "proper"
>krunner is orders of magnitude more capable than dmenu as well.
what does it do that you like? genuinely curious, never used krunner. i use dmenu for more than just running programs
>This isn't even any meme terminal, it's just konsole.
urxvt isn't meme

are you using KDE? can you post full-screen shot?

looks like Terminus

Konsole has issues clearing old images.

i have 3g of ram, those extra 300MB are a big win for me and they are even more important when using firefox(wtf mozilla are you retarded?)

yes sure KDE has the same features as i3wm (or at least similar) but some people like to use their own dmenu (rofi) their own notification system (dunst) their own menu bar (polybar) without having to fuck around with the default DE, some of us come from Gnome and where very disappointed with them and their shiti decisions this last years

>i3 offers none of the features of KDE
>implying this is bad

why no kubuntu? It's on kde 5.12 afaik.

2GB RAM here. I need a non shitty browser as well.

honestly speaking i think the core issues with browsers is that they act like a OS rather than just delivering plain data, all this drawing and scripts and effect... drains a lot of resources.

Yeah. Surely there's ways to do it better, though. Considering mobile browsers can be miniscule, and mobile pages are optimised to have lower footprints so they don't consume data too much, I don't understand why the same can't be done for desktop sites.

>Why the fuck should I
because why the fuck not, I did it because I was bored

had no idea, that's pretty cool

Who is she

Brainlet here, why in your theme you see two, one with (KDE) and another with (GTK)?

Is there any way of getting konsole do drop-down?
It has become part of my workflow in xfce and I would prefer keep the distro as vanilla as possible and not install another terminal emulator.

backup your dotfiles, cuck

>cuck
h-h-how where you able to type it!

cucked cucked

I am

Attached: Screenshot_20180426_202322.png (1366x768, 1.38M)

I rsync my .config once every few months to my backup, why?
not that I know of sadly, just install tilda etc. and bind it to a keymap in the kde settings.

>i3 does everything I need and nothing I dont
>kde does everything I need and a ton of things I dont

>there is nothing wrong with either one

Holy fuck, OP just BTFO'd the whole muh i3 fags.
I'm gonna use this screencap for every i3 fag I come across

Attached: Screenshot-2018-5-5 (0) g - I spent 3 minutes in the keyboard shortcut menu an - Technology - 4chan. (1346x2291, 1.03M)

Just to clarify, I did that with just some super basic keyboard shortcuts, here's what a kwin script (doesn't take any effort to install, literally 2 clicks) can do.

Attached: kwintiling.gif (960x540, 2.46M)

How can you show images in a terminal?

once configured, you don't need to move anything. If you don't back up your dotfiles, you will be doing everything all over again.

Most people DON'T save their dotfiles.

that's what I do though, I just told you I keep my .config backed up and I also use a separate /home partition anyway
magic

Attached: Screenshot_20180504_192841.png (1366x768, 211K)

to be fair, user, I used i3 and I loved tiling window managers. I left Xfce because I got used to tiling WM and I couldn't change.

If kwin can do it, the I guess it's time to change again to KDE. I will try Xfce+i3 before, maybe I could find some middle ground.

you can also swap out kwin for i3

yeah, but I got used to a simple interface with i3. I am not a minimalist fag though, I like my software fat and big, but the simple interface of i3 with a simple bar is enough.

you can literally replace KDE's window manager with i3

Nonsummerjack
No nudes, merely blueballs.

I will try it and the kwin config OP used.

wtf I love KDE now

that's it user. those i3s and sheits are the niggers of the X world, fuck'em

Attached: kasd78bdq.jpg (288x317, 9K)

can i see ur mommy picutres