HTC

Are they even trying anymore? Why not just exit the smartphone market altogether at this point? It's not like that part of the company is ever going to be profitable again.

Attached: 610zK1oxWvL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 23K)

They already did I think. Google bought them.

Taiwan isn't great for making products itself, just parts
They don't make good laptops, monitors, phones, etc
They pretty much make all the motherboards or GPUs in the world and probably have some part in the flash memory or ram manufacturing

Smartphone choices are either the latest iphone clone, broken chink shit, or whatever gimmick fire hazard Samsung is putting out that year.

HTC couldn't figure out what they wanted to copy the most, so they justed themselves in every way possible.

I mean, the U12+ looks naisu. I'll probably get it or the moto z3 cause fuck notches and curved screens.

Google only bought a small part of HTC's smartphone division.

So what's wrong with pic related anyway?

look at their teaser for the upcoming u12. HTC literally tweeted this out. Every single part in this image is from an iPhone 6 or 6plus, except for the sim tray which is from a samsung s7. HTC is done for lmao

Attached: Capture.png (923x620, 940K)

i'm buying either them or sony because samsung lagshits sucks

Doesn't do anything better than other flagships. Everything is either about the same or slightly worse than other flagships.

Everything glued in as is usual for HTC.

Gimmicky squeeze thing that increased hardware defect rate.

Priced at the same point as iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S when not as good as either phone.

and look at this, why do they have torn/cut display ribbon cables? Who in the marketing team thought this was a good idea?

Attached: Capture.png (923x620, 974K)

Squeeze is kino my man.

I use it all the time for nearly every app that I have.

im pretty disappointed too, i used to love htc but seriously considering just getting a shitty samsung at this point

Same with LG. Niggers can't seem to get it together. You basically look like a poorfag with their phones. The v30 looks like a knock off S8/S9, and this new G7 looks like an iPhone X minus any of the aesthetics. Like, I understand copying Samsung but why on Earth would you copy and iPhone X??

Attached: Screenshot_20180504-022010_Google.jpg (1439x948, 611K)

I'm supercomfy with my xperia x here. No idea why people buy flagships nowadays. Aren't really worth it imo unless you are some kind of instagram whore that needs a better smartphonecam.

what went wrong after this?

Attached: IMG_0697.jpg (780x494, 108K)

They decided on that as a result of their market research.

Lmao yeah okay. "Hey guys, there's this phone with a notch that's selling like crazy in America! People want the notch!"

Nothing, the M8 was a very solid phone that build upon everything it's predecessor started. It was when the M9 came out that things went down the pipe.

My M8 is still one of the best devices I have ever owned.

Some HTCs have the holy grail of alarm clocks, you can actually turn off the device when you set an alarm clock. Minutes before the alarm should chime, the device will boot (using some RTC - Real Time Clock - circuitry) and then ring.

Pretty based, but fuck not having removable batteries and many chinkphones do the same. It's mostly samsung, nexus and basedny users that think it's normal to live in a linux environment 24/7.

t. samsung user that is sick of this shit

>inb4 nobody needs that, get an alarm clock xD
>inb4 how should it wake you when it's off xD
>inb4 this isn't the 90s anymore, gramps xD
>inb4 you scared of them scary bitwsy witsy radiowaves? geez, get a grip xD
>I don't have that, so nobody must have it

Attached: 1509025120939.jpg (500x484, 49K)

>tfw no 2018 refresh of htc 10 with modern hardware, a removable battery and a brighter screen
this would be the perfect phone and you know it

Attached: 1525345302221.png (655x509, 28K)

why are they not doing it yet? It would probably sell well, they'd just have to advertise it as something like HTC The Phone That will Last. You know, that would actually justify the premium they want to charge.

>buy 50% of Beats
>sell 50% back to Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine at massive loss
>Apple buys Beats a year later at 20 times what HTC sold their stake for

HTC is run by retards is what went wrong.