pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Attached: Dell_L100_keyboard.jpg (3264x2448, 1.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yCcnfqTm1_0?t=10m32s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for topre a best.

>keypuller.com still there
you killed my guide :(

That's my current work keyboard, I fucking hate it. I've got a unicomp on the way to replace it

he's still working on it

Attached: not ded.png (429x194, 6K)

Thank you for getting rid of the shitty """""guide"""""" that only had 15yo /v/tard tier comments and no actual information. Some list on the latest meme switches would be cool though.

:(
why some mean?

you damb right my fellow redditor

Attached: HHKB x Zowie.jpg (3264x1836, 1.48M)

>falling for the topre meme
Just because its not popular it doesnt mean its better, kek.

Bout to get a btc dome w/ slider keyboard tomorrow. What am I in for boys

a pretty disappointing typing experience

Damn, I hope you're wrong

I wish it came without the logo, I'd probably buy one then

>HHKB
>WORST TOPRE

Attached: 22549774_698344837036078_3313832208974984875_n.jpg (160x160, 6K)

A good keyboard with a disappointing layout

Anyone feel that these threads and Jow Forumsmechanicalkeyboards hitting the front page of leddit has hurt the hobby in general? Couple years ago I saw a brand new model M on ebay for like $150 including shipping. Now they are on there for like $350 - $600. Keycap sets are going for $100-$200 and sold for $20-$50 for "add-on" sets like some sort of fucked IRL DLC.

Attached: 1524379624594.gif (750x750, 1.87M)

how are drevo keyboards? I bought one because it was cheap, but are they worth the money?

btw I bought the drevo joyeuse wireless

you can still get new in box model m's for around $100-200 especially if it's a later model with a less desirable label colour, but you need to be patient for a genuine auction, all of the new model m's on ebay right now are buy it now from sellers that are trying to create a bubble and you can tell because they never sell and are always relisted

you can see it with some other models of keyboards, they'll list them for $1,000 buy it now with shit like 'rare' in the title and when it doesn't sell for 6 months they'll drop the price for $750 hoping some moron with more money than sense will buy it

Link to where a new model m has sold for $350-600

Have I just not used reds in so long that they feel super smooth to me now? I went to some expo a while back and tried some keyboard with mystery linear switches that felt smooth as shit, yet I don't remember reds feeling that smooth on my last keyboard that had them.

No, Filco

Attached: 2018 fresh.jpg (2000x1333, 464K)

I'm trying to compile TMK for an ADB-USB converter so I can use my AEK on a modern computer, but the compiling only puts out an .elf file instead of the .hex, what's going on?

Shoot your filco

so thats why ltt has a video about it

you bought one. have you used it?

Bought a White Alps keyboard for ~60 USD, currently waiting for it to arrive. Is there any seller for Alps to MX adaptors?

Haven't really looked into it, but there is this:

geekhack org/index.php?topic=94500.0

Why do so many people hate on "knock-off" switches? I'm using blue outemu's and I type great with these things. Love the sound too but I obviously wouldn't use this in a work environment.

Is there a single wireless TKL keyboard with ISO-layout? Don't want logitech shit

Wireless and ISO? No. Wireless is uncommon and no-one cares about Europe.

Please explain why tiny keyboards trigger me.

help me out with some recs Jow Forums
$100-120
Europe
browns
100%
backlit

>geekhack org/index.php?topic=94500.0
>Thread OP is ricer stance fag
Not surprised

Attached: avatar_26415_1511931590.jpg (150x84, 3K)

u r autism

don't

>browns
Get literally anything else

Got the HyperX Alloy Elite.
What am I in for?

inb4 no RGB

Attached: Kingston_HyperX_Alloy_Elite_05_691A4615ADAD4392B05BCB240E3CCDA8.jpg (1360x1067, 91K)

elaborate

If you want tactile switches, there are better options depending on your use case. For starters, mx clears have a tactile bump you can actually feel and well help you with touch typing since they're easy to actuate and hard to bottom out. And that's just within cherry's offerings.

I see cherry browns recommended to people who do both typing and gaming as a "jack of all trades switch". The problem is it's very much a "master of none" situation and it keeps people from exploring more interesting options

>more interesting options
I don't want my keyboard to be interesting

I bought a quickfire xt back in the day it has cherry mx red switches i'm looking for a guide on how to clean it properly

Filco

Japan doesn't care about Europe.

Wrong

Is the OLKB Planck keyboard just a meme? or is it worth a look for someone who wants a portable small keyboad.

That is the keyboard i'm using right now and god damn, it's horrible.

This. The only reason rubber domes became predominant was because manufacturers of cheap IBM clones sold to turbonormies wanted to cut corners.

free-floating designs don't sound very nice.

Putting a keyboard next to a gun is like putting a supercar next to a toddler, the two things aren't even in the same ballpark

filco lag 30ms
cherry licensed keyboards lag 30ms
topre lags 55ms.

literal trash keyboards

mine lags only 0.2ms and only cost 30$

this thing has been great for typing up assignments. considering i bought it on a split second decision during a lecture, pretty happy with the condition its in now.

Attached: IMG_20180105_194550817.jpg (4160x3120, 3.9M)

That's up to you user. Personally I got the Preonic. In theory you can touch-type everything comfortably on a Planck with zero problems, and in fact I use my Preonic like that at times, but in practice sometimes you'll sometimes want to hit some specific key while not otherwise typing (e.g. F5 to refresh a page, or some numbers to mash into the calculator) and it's nice having the extra row available for stuff like that, to avoid having to line up and hit some modifier combo while your hands aren't positioned on the keyboard.

most people I see with the plank get it for CSGO

What kind of switches are these?
youtu.be/yCcnfqTm1_0?t=10m32s

What the fuck, why

>Alps black
The MX Browns of the Alps world

>120 WPM blue switches
>125 WPM brown switches
>140+ WPM with basic bitch Logitech keyboard
>falling for the mechanical keyboard meme in 2018

Just buy a membrane and get superior performance.

Attached: Autismboards.jpg (3968x2976, 1.71M)

Hard to say, maybe white alps

Buypig

>It's another "I realized my mistake, but didn't realize everyone has different typing experience" ebisode

Attached: malayanbear.png (534x509, 412K)

>it's another episode of a mechbot denying he types more efficiently on a membrane keyboard

keep living in fantasy bro

>Owning a mechanical keyboard is only about efficiency

Attached: 1508607803118.gif (1080x1080, 504K)

Sure, but since this is the technology board, having a thread about fashion accessories shouldn't be a thing.

>The only things that are worth paying for are efficiency and 'muh aesthetic'

Attached: 1514542878428.jpg (1024x1022, 111K)

Wait, you're saying you can type faster on a lower travel keyboard? Who would've thought!

Oh you wanna talk about imaginary "quality", huh?

Like how a piece of plastic changes quadruples in price because some retarded company made the keyboard. Yeah, let's talk about that reality in the world of mechanical keyboards..

It amazes me a brainlet like yourself can spend $300 on keyboards and still not understand the appeal of mechanical keyboards.

The appeal is the same as it is to wear a watch. It's a fashion accessory for nerds.

But if you want, you can pretend you buy mechanical keyboards because of "quality" and "comfort" which is nonexistent.

>Quality comfort and feel are all backseat items to effeciency
Don't you have to be stupid somewhere else?

Attached: 1414874922071.jpg (706x674, 65K)

hello is this the sį oyboard thread

I want to talk about keyboards

Attached: sluts.jpg (1600x1200, 265K)

That's the one on ebay right now, right? I want it so bad, but there's no fucking way I can justify spending this much money. This is like the first time in absolute ages that I've seriously wished I was a Richard

Then again I'll hopefully get a chance at a cheaper one that hasn't been "painted" and shit later

>new chink PCB arrived
>those top solder joints
Is... Is that supposed to be like that?

Attached: 1525456884055.jpg (2007x1570, 655K)

>kode
>slut
Is this the official Klossy keyboard?

Attached: 1494059212299.jpg (960x720, 288K)

it's not the ideal switch type but i didn't want to spend a lot to replace my deceased MX blue board.

probably going to look for something with orange alps in the future. Not going back to the shitty construction of modern keyboards.

>slut xxx
heh

HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1517873500810.png (224x309, 115K)

There's literally nothing wrong with browns

I agree. Guns do serious work with consequence and fun, flashy plastic keyboards are infant-tier.

though, in terms of complexity, the gun is the toddler and the keyboard is the car

depends on the gun tho

Mod them, you can make them linear god tier by modding them.

Box Blacks or Gateron Blacks?

Which is the better linear?

vintage mx blacks are better then both

Let's assume that nobody gives enough of a shit to find "vintage" switches from who the fuck knows where on eBay

I take it that's a "no".

Is touching both pinholes with a jumper (with the PCB plugged in) a good way to test if the key registers, or a dumb idea?

They are literally worth 2x of box switches. Also it is a pain in the ass to find them.

Anywhere I can get custom backlit etched PBT caps? There's maxkeyboard, but their custom backlits are ABS as far as I can tell.

aliexpress, just look for pbt backlit keycaps

you can get them from old wyse keyboards for 30-40 bucks tho.

oh shit you are right. Why are the so cheap atm? I remember trying to find some years ago and everyone wanted like 70 bucks for them.

Sorry, I meant that I'm trying to get a specific vector etched onto a keycap. Am I actually gonna find that on aliexpress?

>There's Yotsuba soundtrack
I don't know why, but I love it.

Meant to say, I don't know why it exists.

I'd love to see SE Asia mass produce this for $100. I'd buy hundreds.

Attached: p7 guts.jpg (2400x1600, 667K)

zeal said that vintage blacks were the best linear switch and he wanted to clone them, so prices went up thanks to reddit memes, but they've come back down after tealios came out

Vintage Cherry Blacks are way overhyped. Lubed Gaterons and Box Blacks are pretty damn smooth and very similar to vintage cherry blacks. Take it from me who has had both, Vintage Blacks are really not worth it.

but vintage blacks are cheaper

>Budget
~$200 USD
>Location (continent at least)
US
>Preferred switch type
Something clicky that's going to fucking click clack. I was using Cherry Red's before this and I liked their linearity well enough, but after trying a few other switches I'd like something different. I was looking at used Model M's, but the 2kro isn't something I'd want, and the new Model Fs are too expensive for me, so I'll probably go with something Cherry. Medium-ish pressure.
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
Full 100%. I have an older sff gaymer keyboard, and I thought I could deal, but I can't.
>Backlight
No.
>Previous/current keyboards
I have some Corsair shit and some smaller Rantopad brand with gateron reds that has a bent frame.

I just want a full-sized, non-gamer aesthetic keyboard with clicky switches.

>but vintage blacks are cheaper
If your time is worthless. You still need to desolder everything. At that point I would rather get some prelubed gaterons or a small more for box switches.

Attached: kek.png (1208x360, 188K)